IGNORED

The Show Off Your Sets Thread (any set you like, personal, full, system, series, whatever!)

goldenpp72

5 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Finally have this and ready to show off: all the PAC MAN games for Game Boy!

54334EB0-D674-45D0-974C-85400C5FCFBB.jpeg

Finding a PAC-In-Time in decent shape was a bit hard when I was going for all the GB carts. What was the hardest one for you to find?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, goldenpp72 said:

If I'm not mistaken I think I finally have all the US releases of this series, I don't think the strictly limited stuff is US anyways so I don't have that. The third snes game isn't a game though, just a box that game with my Analogue NT but what better time huh?

20220826_204335.jpg

Yeah Strictly Limited is a German company, that’s where the releases come from. There’s actually a fun fact there… in Germany, you do not need to have a parental rating on your games unless you plan to sell them in brick and mortar stores. Since Strictly limited sells online, direct to consumer, there’s no rating on the cover art.

54 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Yeah Strictly Limited is a German company, that’s where the releases come from. There’s actually a fun fact there… in Germany, you do not need to have a parental rating on your games unless you plan to sell them in brick and mortar stores. Since Strictly limited sells online, direct to consumer, there’s no rating on the cover art.

I only got confused because I saw those releases on pricecharting under US releases, but I had never bought from them really due to being a US collector, seems I wasn't wrong at least so hopefully these are it. This was a very difficult series to finish despite having started years ago. I could just never justify pulling the trigger at whatever price they were at the time, it's no surprise that Super Turrican 2 is the one that finally did me in for spending for awhile lol. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/19/2022 at 3:02 AM, goldenpp72 said:

So after a long while I finally got a black box set, and upon getting the slip cover for Exile finally got the motivation to picture my Working Designs set. Long run for both!

20221114_111652.jpg

20221119_043641.jpg

20221109_223203.jpg

20221109_161243.jpg

Not sure how I missed this, but working designs is my favorite “set” across systems. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

Not sure how I missed this, but working designs is my favorite “set” across systems. 

They definitely knew how to tickle the collector bone as it were, they put a lot of effort into making their packaging both fancy while not over bloated in most instances, it's a specific balance for me because I honestly can't stand limited editions that grossly are out of proportion to the normal retail releases, the Switch is a particular nightmare here as it probably has 100 box size variants, there is simply no really elegant way to handle that, which is why I just stick to the base retail versions for them lol.

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally redid my area to accommodate my NES stuff, while not a full set, it is the last of what I intend to ever buy for it. It's monumental to me as it was 14 years in the making very slowly. Here are shots I have until I decide to pull them all out!

20221228_143407.jpg

20221228_143439.jpg

20221209_150513.jpg

20221228_143454.jpg

20221228_152144.jpg

20221228_152151.jpg

20221228_152126.jpg

20221228_152132.jpg

20221228_152137.jpg

20221114_111652.jpg

20221105_163911.jpg

Edited by goldenpp72
  • Like 2
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 2

Golly. That's a lot of NES. I grew up on a ton of that stuff. The memories~

20210516_155709.jpg.03be2e8fdc463695db676512fc040cdc.jpg20210516_155722.jpg.fb23d9670eab472f07fdddce0a05e713.jpg

I think I mentioned in my main thread, but I am a Command & Conquer fangirl. While this is quite a lot of my collection, it's so woefully outdated now but things are scattered from a recent move. Anyhow, I have a huge collection of these games, unofficial addons, variants, regions/languages, demos/promos and a little merch. There's console stuff tucked in there too.

Got some wildly hard to find stuff in there too. Been a load of fun getting things and tracking down the elusive stuff, but still more to go!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Administrator · Posted
11 minutes ago, Kalista said:

Golly. That's a lot of NES. I grew up on a ton of that stuff. The memories~

20210516_155709.jpg.03be2e8fdc463695db676512fc040cdc.jpg20210516_155722.jpg.fb23d9670eab472f07fdddce0a05e713.jpg

I think I mentioned in my main thread, but I am a Command & Conquer fangirl. While this is quite a lot of my collection, it's so woefully outdated now but things are scattered from a recent move. Anyhow, I have a huge collection of these games, unofficial addons, variants, regions/languages, demos/promos and a little merch. There's console stuff tucked in there too.

Got some wildly hard to find stuff in there too. Been a load of fun getting things and tracking down the elusive stuff, but still more to go!

That's a lot of Generals variants lol, nice. I love me some C&C and Generals was a guilty pleasure for me, playing with my brother over LAN. 

6 minutes ago, Gloves said:

That's a lot of Generals variants lol, nice. I love me some C&C and Generals was a guilty pleasure for me, playing with my brother over LAN. 

I still play Generals from time to time. Mainly ZH with the Shockwave mod, lol. I'm one of the few to have a North American big box of Generals and Zero Hour... and also ZH for Mac. lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2022 at 9:13 AM, goldenpp72 said:

So I finally redid my area to accommodate my NES stuff, while not a full set, it is the last of what I intend to ever buy for it. It's monumental to me as it was 14 years in the making very slowly. Here are shots I have until I decide to pull them all out!

20221228_143407.jpg

Tremendous, my friend. Looks amazing.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely a personal set here rather than a full set, but this is an expanded version of the curated set I've been gunning for around 15 years, it all started with Kirby Superstar in terms of my first cardboard box game to collect, and ends with well, a Soccer game, but the title Road to Glory felt appropriate at least. I also think this marks the final Atlus game I didn't own which makes for another interesting set for later. For now, I figured I'd just share photos of the SNES stuff until I take the time to do front facing shots. As a note, I own a Genesis as well, so many of the multiplatform games I found preferable there, so any obvious omissions as such are likely just over there (hopefully). This brings my US set to I think 320 games with 2 additional reproductions (Timewalk Mega Man & Bass, Unholy Knight, and a box for Turrican that was made as a novelty for the Analogue NT)

Final 3 I added today, though I got them across the span of a couple months.

AMWts8DK6q3xFn6xEZjhbUFhHuUMDS0LaJGr0vch

The rest.

AMWts8ChG_GwbSA-9iidjkUlN9XSIrBJRGWIlnOAAMWts8DnK5-lbZnmYFNajRsfmuPLhbOWldFdD8Q6AMWts8AfH8AREkbAvqyRNDEthpdP14AeXYw2j6PmAMWts8D8qtRHV5TU5ym8yF4InFuiBuhZ5hiOcIRNAMWts8DLMU1sMeRX_WuWLTrblZg2Ht6CfEagJZUvAMWts8DjrHebGRDoM27-QBHONm497vQzmurZTtEL

More zoomed out photos of it, hard to capture based of the area though.

AMWts8AyEhnuHe3FEmw8JIdAai7Z_opKu_i-eCSl

AMWts8BrBaOet101h_clUv2R9ttKIt1n9h6xs9HY

That's all for now! I'll eventually take higher quality more laid out front pictures, but it's a time consuming process for sure.

Edited by goldenpp72
  • Like 2
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Nesmaster said:

^ Looks great, but I can't see the last 4 photos!

Google photos can be really annoying with image sharing, I'm not even sure what the problem is since they are all in the same album, but here is a link to the album, maybe that works better? 

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOPsn6P5XUuzKCk7xHb_k8DseKKux5AfhmNe8IVITSMrUvQZ3ej8-TMCTvtzlFDSQ?key=SUIzNmNiWDNSSlhZa2pMWlp4N1lYWVFIMHZ0UUdR