IGNORED

The Show Off Your Sets Thread (any set you like, personal, full, system, series, whatever!)

goldenpp72

• 2 weeks later...

So I think I finished the set I wanted for Wii more or less, the final game was Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus, which seems to be kind of hard to find with the soundtrack. Ultimately a pretty easy system to buy for but it had some rough spots for sure. 

AM-JKLWPpLXt0I2MCiKQ1Yy9chLoFh2lO5eKs9h6

AM-JKLU1OCQmOQSzGePuZhbF01MlYuRFD5LEmoDk

AM-JKLXzGTv58JgeBa-fbKznULZFvahoyu46c148

AM-JKLXyxNEzlHsRb2Wm8wo1rYAbZGfUJyb4JzV7

AM-JKLX9NWF_KvWrLuSP7nt7vZMZvxuGoHAfs6SU

Edited by goldenpp72
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

I posted these pictures in a different thread, but it was in the PS1 Club and not everyone goes over there, so I will share them here as well.

This is a sub set that I had been looking forward to completing.  All 11 Collector's Edition 3 packs for the PS1 along with the 2 Twin Packs.  The first CE that I ever bought was the GTA CE which was probably almost 10 years ago.  Over the years I picked up the others and even pieced 3 of these sets together (the ones that were pieced together have the proper packaging and SLUS numbers).  

tAHyq0i.jpg

rXyGqOg.jpg

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...

After maybe 14 years I have finally finished the set I wanted for Game Gear, this system is interesting because I really did pick around quite broadly to get it done, including from some members of Nintendoage back in the day on top of local shops, Facebook and such. I feel I had to spread out the most in order to get this one done and I'm very happy to finally put the bow on it 😛

AM-JKLWBuShGfF41TSsPDoIcdHMAiyaQ8A766YtVAM-JKLWOKqTE0JT2l40XivIIyTkC7KnpJ7tWA3j1AM-JKLXS51kLCB7Wh6s4jv8Js37jkb3ott9DtAlFAM-JKLVyqSmF6AxIJNjte5NQLoTaivGQGDdJCEDd

Unrelated but I also was able to finish a very small but very annoying series set for US releases 😛

AM-JKLXHcIXLxBr3Qd3DDsWipaKoj7E8XVpaWy1x

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Finally got the last 2 sealed PSP passport to .... out of the series for a decent price.

The fact that this series is completely useless software not just because it's outdated but also because everybody has a million times more and more accurate information within one touch of their cellphones makes this an even more fun series for me to have.

Originally there were 6 more cities planned for a later release but i guess sales were low because they never saw the light of day.

Definitely not as huge or rare like some of the sets here but it's one i really enjoy having.

IMG-1650.jpg.71a5f0d5e2e1b74714cd945bb70daa5b.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, NintendoTwizer said:

Mainline Mario Set:

20211207_155107.jpg

Very nice set and I like the way it's presented.  

I personally don't consider Yoshi's Island to be part of the "Mainline" Mario series, but it's still an amazing game and belongs in any collection.  I put it in the Yoshi series the same way I put SML3 Warioland in the Wario Series.  But again, nothing wrong with looking at it the other way. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not a full set, but it struck me recently that I have a nice little collection of Milon stuff going.  There's also a Super Famicom version of DoReMi Fantasy that I will probably never own and numerous Gameboy variants of Milon's Secret Castle as well as a DS Puzzle game with Milon inserted -artwork pictured separate in which he looks like he's trying unsuccessfully to blow a snot rocket through a straw (or perhaps something else is going on that will go un-hypothesized here.)  Gameboy MSC has some unique things going for fans and the Famicom version is nearly identical to NES except for Japanese writing and one of those special counters for how many times you can press the A or B button at the title screen which is pretty cool.  DoReMi Fantasy looks and sounds Gaw-Juss and is very similar in theme to MSC but more like Super Mario World as far as Game Play.  It is fun though and a bit easy until the end.  Anyway, I'm always curious to see any other Milon stuff/games that are out there...

Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 9.36.25 PM.png

Edited by PII
  • Like 4

This might not count since I didn't include all the Xenosaga and Xenoblade games/versions/releases, but I'm pretty sure I have all the iterations of Xenogears, my favorite game of all time! The Square Enix Bring Arts Weltall-2 (ID version) is coming out soon as well and will be added into the case 😉

nnzIzcVdTRaVDNLh1RRiQA.thumb.jpg.c2db3e08960ab4fa83dc97a741b84662.jpg

If anyone knows of another version I'm missing, please, let me know. I generally have no interest in sealed/graded stuff, but getting a black label copy sealed to go with the GH version would be pretty sweet. I also need that 20th anniversary music box...at least I've got Myth: Xenogears Orchestral album signed by Mitsuda (not in the display, it's over at the cd player in the living room).

I really resonate with Takahashi's work and make it a point to get the games he makes (Soma Bringer is a great DS title!), but Xenogears is a flawed masterpiece that will always be an easy 10 for me.

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

Don’t think I posted this but for the first time in almost a year my sealed mmbn set is all together. Both bn6s were at wata for like 9 months.

undecided if I’ll grade the raw games. lately I’ve been indifferent to the whole ordeal since all the grading options suck.

C8FBDD0D-D705-4D30-8D65-9C13C9108A23.jpeg

Edited by inasuma
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...