IGNORED

Drama at the Coffee Shop - How Would You Respond?

fcgamer

6 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

What?

Drinking milk from a jug as about as good as pouring it down the sink. All of the lights in the grocery store refrigerator pass through the clear jug and break down the lipid proteins in the milk. By the time you ingest it, there's nothing left for your body and it's not doing anything for you. You should always buy milk from a carton or some other solid container like a bag so that your body has some proteins to break down and use.

That's why beer bottles are (usually) dark brown instead of clear, it's to prevent the lights from breaking down the components inside. True story, look it up.

22 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

You've never seen a bag of milk? It's actually healthier than keeping it in a clear jug.

I’ve only ever seen soda in a bag. Stores in the Philippines will pour it into a bag when you buy it so they can keep the bottle and get the recycling credit. If you take it this way, sometimes they’ll give you a little discount.

809FD7B5-21C6-4F6B-B502-A37539A5AEDA.thumb.jpeg.d9e762cf34ec55be5423c75fe07ee2a5.jpegED32EC1A-1AB1-4D82-BDAF-9C708FA2D09A.jpeg.ea877467c4da572a35d0228138621957.jpeg6DDFC9E8-71DB-4DC9-A519-CBA692A85837.thumb.jpeg.bf718984aad17971792176567396972b.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, phart010 said:

I’ve only ever seen soda in a bag. Stores in the Philippines will pour it into a bag when you buy it so they can keep the bottle and get the recycling credit. If you take it this way, sometimes they’ll give you a little discount.

809FD7B5-21C6-4F6B-B502-A37539A5AEDA.thumb.jpeg.d9e762cf34ec55be5423c75fe07ee2a5.jpegED32EC1A-1AB1-4D82-BDAF-9C708FA2D09A.jpeg.ea877467c4da572a35d0228138621957.jpeg6DDFC9E8-71DB-4DC9-A519-CBA692A85837.thumb.jpeg.bf718984aad17971792176567396972b.jpeg

What I learned here is stores in the Philippines have way higher quality bags than here.  I’d like to thank Giant Eagle for making sure I leave a trail of kitty litter every damn time.

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Drinking milk from a jug as about as good as pouring it down the sink. All of the lights in the grocery store refrigerator pass through the clear jug and break down the lipid proteins in the milk. By the time you ingest it, there's nothing left for your body and it's not doing anything for you. You should always buy milk from a carton or some other solid container like a bag so that your body has some proteins to break down and use.

That's why beer bottles are (usually) dark brown instead of clear, it's to prevent the lights from breaking down the components inside. True story, look it up.

Milk is not beer...

Regarding beer bottles, you see some in brown, some in green, it's about a 50:50 split in my opinion. 

Yes it is true that green bottles due make the beer more prone to Skunk, but I can't agree 100% with you since I'm still awaiting to hear back about those bootleg famicom games you got... 😉

55 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Milk is not beer...

Regarding beer bottles, you see some in brown, some in green, it's about a 50:50 split in my opinion. 

Yes it is true that green bottles due make the beer more prone to Skunk, but I can't agree 100% with you since I'm still awaiting to hear back about those bootleg famicom games you got... 😉

They went into a bin and into storage, to be uncovered by an archaeologist with my rotted corpse.

I didn't know I left you hanging, what did you want to know? I don't sell anything, I'm a hoarder.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Gloves said:

Bro I think people here know what a coffee shop is. xD

Don't be snarky, this is a chain shop that is a cheaper version of Starbucks basically.

I'm guessing Canada is lacking in coffee shops though, as there's a ton of higher end shops here too, one-offs. So it was important to mention the type of shop. 😛

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, fcgamer said:

Don't be snarky, this is a chain shop that is a cheaper version of Starbucks basically.

I'm guessing Canada is lacking in coffee shops though, as there's a ton of higher end shops here too, one-offs. So it was important to mention the type of shop. 😛

YOU CAN'T TELL ME HOW TO LIVE MY LIFE!

Eh we have plenty coffee shops, especially here in Toronto.

• Haha 1

The person taking up extra space to put either their things or legs there is in the wrong but it's trivial so most people don't bother with it.

If there's a backpack on the seat next to someone on the bus it's easier to just move along but if someone does want to speak up they are in the right by default.

Altough there's no need to be rude either it seems kinda excessive. Usually people accomodate without a fuss, in fact i've never heard someone say "no". 

So you had your very first (or most recent but been awhile) visit from the Tai-Karen.  Aka the taiwanese version of the American 'Karen' the typically 30s-40s entitled bitch who needs to drop their two cents, get their way, and invariably gets shitty about it pretty fast going from 0 to bitchasaurus almost instantly.  At least she didn't go super saiyan on you and start screaming assault, rape, or something else locally touchy to get a white guy really screwed to get her way.

If you have a few minutes, no need to watch, it's dictated posts from reddit, but this guy is awesome doing this daily as one of his jobs, it(he)'s rSlash. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-swBG9Ne0Vh4OuoJ2bjbA

Check out the entitledparents section, all full blown bitch Karen behavior which you had going on there if you want to be both shocked, and get a laugh.  Also listening to these, you learn very quickly great ways to screw with these people and win, fast...or situationally speaking depending where it happens, ruining them in the long game.

My take:  Personally I would have kept cool, denied the request, and see how far up the crazy scale she would have gone, all the while having my phone on the table, but not truly obvious, having the entire thing at the minimum recorded for audio if not video.  Odds are the coffee shop would have had a recording, so in classic Karen style, had she gone off the deep end and called the cops on you, you'd have her ass and she'd either be made to leave, or put in a cop car depending where the behavior went.

The phone, the stores cameras, anyone watching this epic bitchfit would be witness to you doing nothing but standing your ground.  You can to a kind point antagonize by not giving them their way, just never touch or say, then hit me level stuff.  They'll do it on their own, and then have to deal with the consequences when the classic cop comment of 'do you want to press charges' pops up and you just smile and say yes.  Lessons learned.

You had done nothing wrong, the place wasn't full, it wasn't the last table, and notably others were doing it or have commonly daily done it too.  She was looking for an excuse, end of story there really.  Maybe she had a mental issue over possession or shes a racist who hates foreigners, whatever the case, it was her problem not yours.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cartman said:

The person taking up extra space to put either their things or legs there is in the wrong but it's trivial so most people don't bother with it.

If there's a backpack on the seat next to someone on the bus it's easier to just move along but if someone does want to speak up they are in the right by default.

Altough there's no need to be rude either it seems kinda excessive. Usually people accomodate without a fuss, in fact i've never heard someone say "no". 

That's the thing,on a bus I always move my stuff stop by stop, if it's crowded. But in a empty coffee shop to demand a certain table, wtf?

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

So you had your very first (or most recent but been awhile) visit from the Tai-Karen.  Aka the taiwanese version of the American 'Karen' the typically 30s-40s entitled bitch who needs to drop their two cents, get their way, and invariably gets shitty about it pretty fast going from 0 to bitchasaurus almost instantly.  At least she didn't go super saiyan on you and start screaming assault, rape, or something else locally touchy to get a white guy really screwed to get her way.

I'm out of here

• Like 1