IGNORED

It Takes Two

spacepup

Administrator · Posted

So, I've been playing the relatively new game It Takes Two and I'm curious to see if anyone else has had a chance to check this out?

My personal experience has been VERY positive! I love the game and it is super fun!

If you aren't familiar, it pretty much requires co-op with another player, as the entire game as well as story, is built around two players working together.  It's a 3d Action / Adventure type game, with lots of puzzle elements, mini-games, etc.  The production value is really good and the game looks great.  You can check out a trailer below!  It is kind of like...Ratchet & Clank meets Toy Story meets your typical 3d platformer.  The variety in gameplay is great as there are tons of different 'segments' in the game with neat little mini-games and gameplay styles. 

Honestly, I thought the game looked interesting and like something I'd enjoy, but it has so far exceeded my expectations and is just plain tons of fun!  I encourage people to check it out!

Also, right now only one person has to actually buy the game as the other player can use a 'friend's pass' to play the game with the purchaser.

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1426210/It_Takes_Two/

My understanding is it is also on the Xbox game subscription thingy as well, though I have the Steam version.  

Check it out! If you have already, share your thoughts!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Administrator · Posted
On 4/22/2021 at 1:15 AM, Homer said:

Last EA game I bought I stopped playing because there was just too much plot.  

I suppose there is a running plot / cutscenes throughout this game, but the game itself, is absolutely fantastic IMO.  I've played it even more since my original post, and I freaking adore this game.  It is so well done, and there are TONS of mini-games, fun things to explore, etc.  I've been playing it with my brother, and we are just having the most fun with this game - moreso than many games we've played in a long time.  It's a fun adventure and I recommend it to anyone.

Finally started the game last night and it's fantastic. In an ideal world, I would play it with my wife since the context for the gameplay is a couple contemplating divorce and how that affects their young daughter. In reality, the gameplay is a bit too complex for a non-gamer, so a lot of people's partners would probably find it more frustrating than fun.

So while it's a bit awkward watching these emotionally heavy cutscenes with my buddy from the Army, we are having a blast with the gameplay. This really makes me want to go back and check out A Way Out after I finish this one.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted

Glad you're enjoying it too!

I'm playing it with my brother and we are just having an absolute blast.  There is SO much to explore, and tons of little hidden / side-games.  The world they created is so much fun, and the sheer quantity of gameplay elements is pretty amazing, especially considering how well it is executed.  

It's just a freaking fun adventure, and I'm loving it.  I'm glad to hear you are playing and enjoying it also! 🙂