IGNORED

The Price Thread (predictions, hot prices, cold prices, anomalies, etc)

I’ve been wanting to start this thread for awhile. 

Prices have been kind of erratic with the pandemic, and stimulus money, and Wata, and the latest influx of new collectors, etc.

My hope is that this thread will provide some perspective. Please feel free to jump in with your thoughts, advice, and predictions.

I’ll start:

The Mask on SNES seems to be on the rise recently. I know it’s a somewhat uncommon game but I expect that the recent spike won’t last. A similar jump happened with Casper on SNES not too long ago, and that game has since stabilized.

Shining Force III on the Sega Saturn has jumped recently. I predicted it would so I bought my copy a while ago for less than half of the current rate. It’s possible that it’ll keep rising IMO. It has a few things going for it: 

• It was one of the last games released on the Saturn. We saw similar price jumps for Magic Knight Ray Earth and House of the Dead
  • It’s part of a revered series. The Shining games have a cult following
  • It’s an RPG on a console with precious few RPGs
  • It’s fun!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hammerfestus said:

Still waiting for the bump in price on PSX rare but crappy titles 😉  err uh crappier titles than the ones that caught the last bump that is.  I’ve got all these copies of F1 World Grand Prix 2000 that im waiting to sell til they hit $420.69. 💎🙌 

I'm over waiting for twisted metal to go to the moon 🌙

• Like 1

I’m predicting a hard turn into PS1/PS2, especially series like Resident Evil, Castlevania, Final Fantasy, Crash, Spyro, Metal Gear, Ratchet and Clank, Gran Turismo, Tekken, Grand Theft Auto, God of War, and Devil May Cry.

Theyre largely untapped libraries with huge amounts of “first” titles.

Nintendo was king for a while, but Sony has been on top since 1995. It’s time to let them shine.

• Like 2

Fun thread. I'll throw out a prediction: I think PS3 will stop being "cheap and ignored" soon. There's always been some games that were pricey and hard to find for it but most of the library has always been cheap. That might start to change. I think we are finally getting to the point where a good amount of the games have made their way into collector's hands and maybe we will start to see more chatter / hype about collecting for the console. 

Just an idea. 

• Like 1

PS3 stopped being cheap and ignored last week with the store closure announcement 🤣 have you seen yakuza dead souls prices? I was supposed to get a copy yesterday for $60 from a local listing. Guy checked eBay prices, welshed on me, and sold it instantly for $150..😤

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Definitely going to the moon- Sealed Minecraft xbox 360 edition 00001

Potential- sealed xbox star wars knights of the Old Republic 2- the Sith Lords, Guitar Hero 1

Games i think will increase in value eventually but are a bargain right now- Mint CIB metal gear solid, Twisted Metal 2, Grand Theft Auto 1

Edited by Gulag Joe
  • Like 1

Maybe this has another thread, but why haven’t prototype and sample carts prices increased as much? Even uncommon sealed games and graded cibs go for more than their protos! I assume they’ll be in demand someday. I just find it odd since most of the high end new collectors are all about first appearances and key titles, etc. I’m sure if a Zelda or Mario proto came up for auction all the proto prices would explode.