IGNORED

Last Funeral You Attended?

jonebone

On 10/31/2019 at 9:45 AM, MuNKeY said:

My mothers just after labor day this year...still kind of dealing/coping with it still. 

My mother died last August. I can't believe it's been over a year already. I still have a hard time dealing with it. Sorry for your loss.

@Jfreakofkorn Sorry for your loss, too 😞 It's tough.

Edited by ookii_risu
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, ookii_risu said:

My mother died last August. I can't believe it's been over a year already. I still have a hard time dealing with it. Sorry for your loss.

@Jfreakofkorn Sorry for your loss, too 😞 It's tough.

Thank you, and its a struggle. I have my moments. Doesnt help any w all my family residing in the old country ( as in europe ) and a brother here that doesnt talk much unless he needs or wants something. 

1 minute ago, ookii_risu said:

She actually passed on Aug 30th after being hospitalized on the 27th for an aneurysm but with the holiday coming up and family being all over the place we didn't have her funeral until the weekend after labor day, all in all we all had been expecting it as she had been going down hill sort of quickly after her birthday last year (the 27th of this month she would had been 81) and its been rough that is for sure and I am trying my best to come to terms its a change that I and also my dad must accept.  

10 minutes ago, Jfreakofkorn said:

Thank you, and its a struggle. I have my moments. Doesnt help any w all my family residing in the old country ( as in europe ) and a brother here that doesnt talk much unless he needs or wants something. 

That's gotta be hard. Do you have friends around you for support? Feel free to PM if you need to talk about anything. 

1 minute ago, MuNKeY said:

She actually passed on Aug 30th after being hospitalized on the 27th for an aneurysm but with the holiday coming up and family being all over the place we didn't have her funeral until the weekend after labor day, all in all we all had been expecting it as she had been going down hill sort of quickly after her birthday last year (the 27th of this month she would had been 81) and its been rough that is for sure and I am trying my best to come to terms its a change that I and also my dad must accept.  

I recently thought that my dad was going downhill, but he managed to recover from a bunch of different things that hit him at once. 

I'm glad your mom got to live a long life. My mom was only 66. I feel like she shouldn't have gone as soon as she did, but you really never know when anyone's going to go, I guess. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, ookii_risu said:

I recently thought that my dad was going downhill, but he managed to recover from a bunch of different things that hit him at once. 

I'm glad your mom got to live a long life. My mom was only 66. I feel like she shouldn't have gone as soon as she did, but you really never know when anyone's going to go, I guess. 

Dang... my condolences to you as well. 

My last funeral was my wife’s grandmother.  I’ve been to surprisingly few funerals.  My paternal grandparents both died before I was born and my mom’s family is incredibly long lived as a rule.  My maternal grandparents are both like 90 and still kicking.  Living in the same house they have since forever.  

My dad died like two years ago from liver cancer.  Worst part was that we found out right about the time we found out we were pregnant.  He was the first one we told as he took what turned out to be THE turn for the worse.  Anyways sadness, sadness.  We decided to forgo a funeral as everyone that mattered came to visit him in hospice.  Pretty sure I never processed the emotions correctly and just bottled it up and put it on that shelf of anger that sits in my chest.

• Like 1