IGNORED

Just spit-balling: What would you like to see in a new collection management/price valuation tool?

RH

I too am a GVN user.  I always thought their collection tracker was fantastic.  The one thing that drove me nuts though was...I want to sort my collection by which parts I have.  I’d like to be able to sort my CIB NES games to the top so I can see at a glance what I have in a sea of C or CI.  

I'd definitely love a more elegant way to see your collection displayed, as well as slot in games you don't have but are gunning for rather than have it be separate list. Gamevaluenow is nice but has a clunky way of displaying games for someone who has thousands of them. I always imagined just being able to see nothing but their boxarts populate the screen but hover over them for a snapshot of relevant info, then click for the fully monty.

is there any way you would be able to incorporate shipping prices into the value on your platform?  I feel like shipping costs skews everything, especially on the mid range stuff.  Especially as a Canadian, I can't trust at first glance that a game is "worth" $30 when people are really buying them for $45-50 shipped to their door.  Not that PC/GVN are the only tools to get pricing but it matters to me because when I sell things I like to be pinpoint on my pricing while also making sure I'm not spinning my wheels, and nowadays prices are in flux more than ever

On 10/31/2019 at 8:28 AM, ap123 said:

It would be cool to include a review score for each title. Maybe link to Metacritic or something? None of the collecting tools I've seen include any information about the actual playability.

Can VGS review every ________ game?

1 hour ago, Link said:

Can VGS review every ________ game?

Unless VGS decides to focus on modern gaming it would be irrelevant to Metacritic anyways, but they could assign people as reviewers of course. Lots of sites have dozens. Probably vastly beyond the scope of this site for now anyways.

Edited by goldenpp72

I don’t see as we couldn’t do it anyway. Yes, it would take time to build, but if we want to be a destination like NA was, there is no reason not to work towards that. I envision capsule reviews, like what some newspaper websites have for movies. One or two paragraphs per game... maybe twice that for modern games. Certainly we could collectively cover at least a high percentage of 3rd-5th generation games in relatively short order.