IGNORED

5 screw Mario bros/Duck hunt/track meet...thoughts on this haha

Before anyone gets all crazy and starts saying some stupid shit about it being fake or whatever...believe me when I say I didn't post this to argue with anyone...its pretty much a barn find...$5 bucks...I've never seen or heard of one of these existing...it makes zero sense to me why it exists haha...I am with you all...I've thought the same things you are all thinking haha...I'm not claiming this as a rare cart or even a variant...like I said before this cart doesn't make any sense to me haha...I have not cleaned it yet and I have not opened it yet...with all that being said, the cart is very solid...the front and back plate match perfectly color wise...the front label is dirty no doubt however the label is not peeling up anywhere and looks to be authentic to me...the back label is dirty and scratched up but it doesn't have any label transfer signs either...there are no factory stamps on the back label and the screws are security screws...the two halfs of the cartridge fit together as good as any cartridge I've ever seen that hasn't been opened...it looks absolutely authentic which confuses the shit out of me because it makes no sense hahaha...and I dont see why anyone would fake this game or take the time to try...so what do you guys make of this haha...annnnnnnd go!!!

20210329_125134.jpg

20210329_125141.jpg

20210329_125419.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

I casually follow 5-screw updates.  I might be wrong, but I thought there were a few odd-ball 5-screws out there from refurbs getting NOS shells.  Maybe this is one of them.

I keep my eye out for 5-screws I don't have, but I'm not going to go nuts over them.  I'd probably never pay more than $5 the going rate for a specific game just for that variant, so that's how much skin I have in this game.

Cool find though.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RH said:

I casually follow 5-screw updates.  I might be wrong, but I thought there were a few odd-ball 5-screws out there from refurbs getting NOS shells.  Maybe this is one of them.

I keep my eye out for 5-screws I don't have, but I'm not going to go nuts over them.  I'd probably never pay more than $5 the going rate for a specific game just for that variant, so that's how much skin I have in this game.

Cool find though.  Thanks for sharing.

It could be exactly what you said...that's the way I've been leaning anyways...its not like a holy grail find or anything...I just think it's a cool little find is all...I've never seen this game as a refurb or whatever everyone wants to call it 😁

15 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

You haven't even opened it?!

I think...somebody is trying to go viral, haha...like...start a thread...with just a taste of information...I’m not trying to start a fight, haha...and then, slowly trickle out developments to the story...while watching other people discuss and speculate...and try to do research...prove or disprove...confirm existence of another copy haha...I know this sounds weird...I’m so confused...doesn’t make any sense...but people do it hahaha...

2 hours ago, Link said:

I think...somebody is trying to go viral, haha...like...start a thread...with just a taste of information...I’m not trying to start a fight, haha...and then, slowly trickle out developments to the story...while watching other people discuss and speculate...and try to do research...prove or disprove...confirm existence of another copy haha...I know this sounds weird...I’m so confused...doesn’t make any sense...but people do it hahaha...

That's pretty funny hahahaha...not gonna lie I'm actually laughing right now ....omg that's funny...people can think what they want...I'm not trying to sell it...or jam it down anybody's throat as being real or whatever...I've looked at the labels over and over again and to me it looks authentic...it would be the best label transfer I've ever seen if that's the case...but then that brings up the question, why would someone do that to this particular random game...its not an ultra/konami refurb anomaly...so your guys guesses are as good as mine hahaha

5 hours ago, cordwainer1453 said:

I sold one of those on ebay a couple years ago. Definately not the one shown in the picture above as it had a worn label. Must say, I thought it was fake back then, and disclosed as such in my ebay listing, but now seeing another one makes me rethink. Wish I 'd have saved my pictures of this item.

I wish you still had it man...or at least pictures haha...it makes no sense why it exists but it does and all my years of experience tells me it's the real deal...I would bet my reputation on it...do you have any earthly idea how to find out who you sold it to?!!!