IGNORED

The Spring Sega Challenge! Beat the Sega Master System Library in 3 months (81/115)

Red

• The title was changed to The Spring Sega Challenge! Beat the Sega Master System Library in 3 months (25/115)

I just caught Carmen Sandiego in San Marino with the 1,000-Year-Old Egg.  Apparently the residents of Peking are very grateful.  Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? is done.

carmen.JPG.9c3eb9c28e9f3d41cf2ecc50a1e7f340.JPG

On 3/27/2021 at 9:04 PM, acromite53 said:

Damn. Ive been working on this one all day.. Just 5 minutes ago I got a game over on the final boss. Never beat it before either. 😕 Congrats, though 👍

Sorry about that.  Doesn't mean you can't still beat it before moving on to something else (if you haven't already).  Are you still doing Choplifter?

Edited by Red

• The title was changed to The Spring Sega Challenge! Beat the Sega Master System Library in 3 months (26/115)
33 minutes ago, Red said:

Sorry about that.  Doesn't mean you can't still beat it before moving on to something else (if you haven't already).  Are you still doing Choplifter?

No worries at all! I will probably go back to it. How many lives did you have when you got to the final stage? You can infinitely continue on every level before the last one. So I would enter the last stage with 2 extra lives after intentionally killing myself and continuing on the green Abobo boss.

Yep I'm still working on Choplifter. It's a tough one. I can get to the Cave level (3) fine. Haven't gotten past that level yet though. It'll take a while to get through it.

2 hours ago, acromite53 said:

No worries at all! I will probably go back to it. How many lives did you have when you got to the final stage? You can infinitely continue on every level before the last one. So I would enter the last stage with 2 extra lives after intentionally killing myself and continuing on the green Abobo boss.

Yep I'm still working on Choplifter. It's a tough one. I can get to the Cave level (3) fine. Haven't gotten past that level yet though. It'll take a while to get through it.

I think it was two?  Maybe three?  There was some sort of glitch where my live went down without me dying.  I only died once in the first three stages, but got enough points for a couple extra lives.  I was on my final life when I beat it, but I'm pretty happy I was able to do it without continues.  On my first attempt I continued a few times and I wound up doing that trick at the green Abobo boss.  My second attempt I accidentally went into the final stage with no extra lives (but I made it there without continues).  By then I got the hang of it and beat it on my third attempt.

4 hours ago, Splain said:

Super Tennis. I beat the CPU on the easiest difficulty, but it taunts me...

HoQwUGS.png

Ah, so you didn't get the end screen after that?  If not, I think this one will have to be beaten on the hardest difficulty.

• Like 1

Finished Dick Tracy.  It had potential, but the unresponsive controls and unfair bosses made it not very fun.  The first time I got to the final boss I had around 30 extra lives and lost them all.  I found the best strategy was not to even try and dodge anything, just keep shooting and hope for the best.

DT.JPG.567f74ce638a26f47a7a42ab24e9d828.JPG

• The title was changed to The Spring Sega Challenge! Beat the Sega Master System Library in 3 months (27/115)
  • The title was changed to The Spring Sega Challenge! Beat the Sega Master System Library in 3 months (28/115)

Parlour Games is done.  Billiards was competent enough and darts wasn't half bad.  I beat every mode of both, but only took a picture of one mode each since they all say the same thing.  World Bingo was pure luck, no fun.  

bin.JPG.d3b68caeeeb84b30e2fbc4d16fafe9b6.JPG

dar.JPG.8843892252a6a89452cd1306b76f57a8.JPGbil.JPG.1614f0acc6da66676f60acf918c2ecfa.JPG

@BeaIank How are Afterburner and Turma da Mônica em o Resgate going?

@acromite53 How are Double Dragon and Choplifter going?

@Splain Are you still playing Super Tennis?

@Gaia Gensouki Have you been playing anything else lately?  If you haven't tried it before, Golden Axe Warrior might be up your alley.

Anyone else playing anything?

• The title was changed to The Spring Sega Challenge! Beat the Sega Master System Library in 3 months (29/115)
28 minutes ago, Red said:

@Splain Are you still playing Super Tennis?

Ooh, I hope not, because I just beat it:

IMG_20210401_214358160.jpeg.dc7e94c3c25b82f643b9e2a6f4d7a46e.jpeg

You can't really see it, but I won 6-4 6-0 against the CPU (on Level 5 difficulty, Speed 3). Beat this one a couple years ago, so I just had to remember how to play.

IMG_20210401_214409348.jpeg.b97de79437f10d8e4830e6413ab540aa.jpeg

Aww, thanks. I try!

Edited by bronzeshield
  • Like 1

• The title was changed to The Spring Sega Challenge! Beat the Sega Master System Library in 3 months (30/115)
Editorials Team · Posted

Thank goodness!! I was struggling with that highest difficulty. I was about to say something like "time for @bronzeshield to take a whack at it!" best video game tennis player I know, lol.

I was messing around with some other games, hopefully I can knock out at least a few more.

• Like 1

I tried Double Dragon and R-Type previously, but I couldn't finish either of them so I played some other games, like Bravely Default 2. I think I will try some of more Master System games. Golden Axe Warrior does look interesting indeed as well as Ys and Golvellius, but I just didn't have the time/motivation/energy to commit to any of them yet.

• The title was changed to The Spring Sega Challenge! Beat the Sega Master System Library in 3 months (35/115)
  • The title was changed to The Spring Sega Challenge! Beat the Sega Master System Library in 3 months (36/115)
4 hours ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

I've finally beaten Cloud Master! This might look like a cute and quirky little shoot 'em up, but it sure does ramp up in difficulty. Still a neat game.

Yeah, that one can be tough.  You're pretty much doomed if you lose a life in the later levels.

I beat Time Soldiers today.  Not much of an ending for this one.  There's a text only "congratulations" screen that pops up as soon as you beat the final boss and disappears faster than my camera could turn on.  Got this shot of the credits though.

time.JPG.4966a774d0a275017a201f3534a59fed.JPG

• The title was changed to The Spring Sega Challenge! Beat the Sega Master System Library in 3 months (38/115)