IGNORED

TMNT: Shredders Revenge

a3quit4s

• 3 months later...
21 minutes ago, DarkTone said:

I definitely didn't see that coming.  But now it makes me wonder, why not even more playable characters?  When my 7 and 4 year old play Turtles in Time on my SNES, they always ask why they can't play as Splinter, and I don't really have an answer for them other than they just didn't do stuff like that back then.  

2 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I definitely didn't see that coming.  But now it makes me wonder, why not even more playable characters?  When my 7 and 4 year old play Turtles in Time on my SNES, they always ask why they can't play as Splinter, and I don't really have an answer for them other than they just didn't do stuff like that back then.  

If they’re going to add Splinter, may as well just add Shredder too 😝

Oh wow! April looks like a blast to play, and that combo bowling ball move really opens up the possibilities for a ton of cool combos between the cast; there are actually a lot of different mechanics to unpack from this video....ahhhhh...I can't wait for release! My sister and I will conquer this Turtles game just like Arcade, Manhattan Project, Turtles in Time, and Hyperstone Heist.

I actually won a copy (when it releases) from a player poll letter contest in this month's issue of Nintendo Force magazine; I rarely write a letter to any publication, but I'm a big Turtles fan so I felt the need to this time 😉 

^Yup pretty much, if Splinter doesn't come next.  For all we know, he's the victim here since April isn't.  It's Shredder's Revenge, maybe he's got him caged up finally again after so long.  In that case on a re-play you unlike the rat as a reward for finishing it.

Seriously though, without going into the truly stupid weeds of few to one episode/comic issue strangeness, there are possibilities if they drip feed even more.  Casey Jones the most obvious.  Other truly looking at those style turtles period stuff, well you have Napoleon Bonafrog, Usagi Yojimbo, Fugitoid, Mondo Gecko but beyond that kind of getting into the weeds.  Same on the flip side for the boss stages.  Chrome Dome, Tokka and Rahzor, Slash, Triceraton, General Traag...etc

15 hours ago, Tanooki said:

^Yup pretty much, if Splinter doesn't come next.  For all we know, he's the victim here since April isn't.  It's Shredder's Revenge, maybe he's got him caged up finally again after so long.  In that case on a re-play you unlike the rat as a reward for finishing it.

Seriously though, without going into the truly stupid weeds of few to one episode/comic issue strangeness, there are possibilities if they drip feed even more.  Casey Jones the most obvious.  Other truly looking at those style turtles period stuff, well you have Napoleon Bonafrog, Usagi Yojimbo, Fugitoid, Mondo Gecko but beyond that kind of getting into the weeds.  Same on the flip side for the boss stages.  Chrome Dome, Tokka and Rahzor, Slash, Triceraton, General Traag...etc

There was a fangame made not too long ago called Rescue-Palooza. They pretty much did this.

I personally think this new game may have take a hint from Rescue Palooza. I don’t think RP was a great game, but it was a window of inspiration 

Never heard of it, I don't think, or I forgot as I remember a few years(?) back someone did some TMNT game that made media waves for all of like a day maybe on social media for being a nice idea.  If that is the same thing, then it's probable.  Take the good ideas, fix the bland ones, and remove the garbage so it feels more 'konami' in the approach.

38 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Never heard of it, I don't think, or I forgot as I remember a few years(?) back someone did some TMNT game that made media waves for all of like a day maybe on social media for being a nice idea.  If that is the same thing, then it's probable.  Take the good ideas, fix the bland ones, and remove the garbage so it feels more 'konami' in the approach.

Apparently it did come out a few years ago.. with the lost 1.5 years of Covid, it only felt like several months

12 minutes ago, phart010 said:

Apparently it did come out a few years ago.. with the lost 1.5 years of Covid, it only felt like several months

After posting I went poking around, MersoX I think it is, and yeah, same game.  It looked promising but I never grabbed it for some reason.  He seemed to like remaking stuff before that with Karate Kid and Thundercats.

On 8/25/2021 at 1:25 PM, TDIRunner said:

Splinter would be OP. 🙂

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm not really a fan of chibi April, I guess they wanted to make all the character models the same size? But everything looks pretty cool, anyway. 

On 8/26/2021 at 9:36 PM, phart010 said:

This guy talks weird. Why he questions his pronunciation of "Merso X" but he's cool saying "tee men tee" and "kunami", I can't understand 🙄 

• 3 months later...

Just watched a vid. Apparently they interviewed the team making the game and they are hinting that Casey Jones may be added to the game after the initial release. They said he’s not in the game “yet” which implies he might end up in the game eventually. Also, only 6 playable characters “for now.” These subtle words used in the interview really get me going.

Tribute games interviews also reveal the release date of the release date. 

Thankfully, despite giving a vague “summer” release window in the past, Richard confirms to me that it’s “a matter of weeks” until we find out the final date for the game.

Weeks….. not months. Since the article was written May 10, I think we should know the release date before June 10!

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/april-oneil-is-my-favorite-character-in-tmnt-shredders-revenge/1100-6503220/

https://www.polygon.com/23060646/tmnt-shredders-revenge-impressions-gameplay

https://www.thegamer.com/shredders-revenge-casey-jones-idw-turtles-interview-tmnt/

Edited by phart010
  • Like 2