IGNORED

Shoot Em Ups Leaderboard and discussions

guillavoie

1 hour ago, Tulpa said:

@Strikezone1 Which powerup scheme did you use? I used number two for the spread bomb, tail gun and laser. The spread bomb actually makes short work of many of the bosses if you position the options correctly.

When I first beat the game I used #1, but for the 6 loop clear I used #2. I'm gonna try and beat it with all 4 powerup schemes. I totally agree with you - the spread bomb is super-powerful. It combined with the laser gun allows you to wipe out bosses very quickly.

• Like 1

Gradius - 688,600 points. Made it to stage 2 of 2nd loop, and 1st loop was 1LC.

I figured coming off playing Gradius II that playing the 1st Gradius wouldn’t be too tough. That was dead wrong. I had forgotten how brutal the 1st Gradius is. 1 is significantly harder than 2, IMO. 

The 2nd loop difficulty spikes up real quick in Gradius. Kudos to these dudes clearing 3 & 4 loops.

D522A593-5667-4607-82CF-CEC467B557DD.jpeg

Just now, Californication said:

You know I just playing Darius Twin myself. Have you played Super Nova?

I haven't!  The only other shoot em up I have played more than once or twice is Sine Mora Ex.

I picked up Sine Mora Ex for switch when I first got it but I haven't played it much.

Just now, Chuppa said:

I haven't!  The only other shoot em up I have played more than once or twice is Sine Mora Ex.

I picked up Sine Mora Ex for switch when I first got it but I haven't played it much.

Every time I put in Darius Twin, it is hard to play because I just think about Super Nova. Super Nova is a Darius game with a stupid name. It's probably top 5 shoot em ups on the SNES for me and it's not expensive.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Californication said:

Every time I put in Darius Twin, it is hard to play because I just think about Super Nova. Super Nova is a Darius game with a stupid name. It's probably top 5 shoot em ups on the SNES for me and it's not expensive.

That is interesting! I have that feeling about some games as well.  When I play TMNT 2 or 3 on the NES I always just say I should play TMNT IV on SNES. 

I will definitely have to check it out though.  I just played through all of Darius the other day.  I do enjoy it so I think I will enjoy Super Nova. Thanks for the suggestion!

On 4/19/2020 at 4:08 PM, Strikezone1 said:

I figured coming off playing Gradius II that playing the 1st Gradius wouldn’t be too tough. That was dead wrong. I had forgotten how brutal the 1st Gradius is. 1 is significantly harder than 2, IMO. 

Yeah, Gradius I is tougher than Gradius II. I think a lot of the difficulty of Gradius I NES is because it's not a very good port, though.

A lot of the early Famicom shooters are tough as balls. Exed Exes and B-Wings in particular.

• Like 1

Just finished my first run of Dairus Twin on SNES in a while, made it level 'K'.  I am definitely rusty.  The score screen at the end must have a timer on it because I was barely able to type in my initials and it finished so I had to start a new game to see my  high score at the top.  I will be ready when I run it again to take a quicker pic.

1,407,400 - level K

IMG_1894.jpg

Darius Twin - Super Nintendo 

Wife flipped on Keeping up with the Kardashians and I knew it was time to dance, shoot em up style.  Went down to the basement and dominated.

Zone L (last level) Planet Darius

Died on the last boss

The last level is absolutely insane and definitely the furthest I have gotten as an adult.  I do remember beating this as a kid though, I dunno maybe not.  Kid Chuppa's fingers must have been so much faster.

IMG_1908.jpg

IMG_1909.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...