IGNORED

Game Debate #39: Mega Man X

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT historical significance

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite games of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking game. Everyone should play it.
    • 8/10 - Great game. Easy to recommend.
    • 7/10 - Very good game, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy occasionally playing it.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to play.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not a very good game.
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 1/10 - Horrible game in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Desert Bus of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your genitals than play this.
    • Never played it, but you're interested.
    • Never played it, never will.

Megaman X is one of the best games of its generation,  also one of the best games for the entire life of SNES. I actually prefer Megaman X2 personally, but Megaman X still holds a high rank. 

It is a timeless masterpiece, will always be a great game.

Edited by phart010
  • Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted
On 3/4/2021 at 7:50 PM, Hammerfestus said:

I’ve started this game a handful of times and played the very beginning but never made it any further than that.  

My experience with Mega Man X has been exactly the same. It feels like a game I should really enjoy, but I just can't get into it for whatever reason.

-CasualCart

• Like 2

On 3/9/2021 at 5:55 PM, CasualCart said:

My experience with Mega Man X has been exactly the same. It feels like a game I should really enjoy, but I just can't get into it for whatever reason.

-CasualCart

You should look up the boss order if you find the game difficult. Don’t know how Megaman savvy you are but Megaman games can become significantly easier if you use the correct weapon against each boss. 

Some people like to suffer and figure it out on their own, but if it’s gonna keep you from finishing the game, you’d be better off just looking it up

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gary Hobbesworth said:

It's weird, because I'm pretty sure it's impossible to finish that stage without getting the slide upgrade, so they know it's important, yet there's a 1/8 chance you'll pick that stage first.

Yeah, it's straight up placed in a way that it blocks your way, so you can't go forward without picking it up.

12 hours ago, phart010 said:

You should look up the boss order if you find the game difficult. Don’t know how Megaman savvy you are but Megaman games can become significantly easier if you use the correct weapon against each boss. 

That's actually one of the changes for the X series that I didn't like. Most of the boss weaknesses stun the bosses or remove entire attacks from them, often making them completely unable to even put up a fight, so they really just work to bypass the fight.

In that classic series, a weakness would give you an edge against a boss, but it would only very rarely decimate the entire challenge.

Graphics Team · Posted
18 hours ago, phart010 said:

Some people like to suffer and figure it out on their own, but if it’s gonna keep you from finishing the game, you’d be better off just looking it up

Oh, man - that's always a dilemma with trying to play through tough games. I'm fine with taking hints and strategies from message boards like this, but just blatantly looking up a walkthrough for the boss-order might make me feel like I'm not playing legit.

But that topic deserves its own discussion. I'm gonna go make a thread for that haha.

-CasualCart

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2021 at 10:59 PM, phart010 said:

Here’s the badass robot voice you were looking for:

That looks more like Bubble Man than MegaMan!  And since when was he the GREEN Bomber?  Bad enough that the GBA makes him the PINK Bomber when playing the GB MegaMen on it 😛

• Like 1

On 3/8/2021 at 11:11 PM, MagusSmurf said:

Nah, the real Mega Man is here

what a true American hero

Why did they insist on incorrectly making ProtoMan a villian?  What did they just see the intro to MegaMan 5 and didn't bother seeing, as Paul Harvey would say, the rest of the story?

9 minutes ago, Estil said:

Why did they insist on incorrectly making ProtoMan a villian?  What did they just see the intro to MegaMan 5 and didn't bother seeing, as Paul Harvey would say, the rest of the story?

They probably didn’t pay attention to the games. One who wasn’t paying attention would think the Break Man fight in MM3 was a Proto Man fight.

Of course he is apparently the bad guy in MM5 but you see the plot twist if you finish the game. 

In MM7, you actually do fight Protoman but it’s just to test your ability (although he can kill you, what a jerk). But that’s probably not relevant to the cartoon as MM7 came out well after the cartoon.