IGNORED

Faselei! for Neo Geo Pocket label variant

GharetSaiDe

I'm looking to clear out some games I've had for a while that I never really played and don't need to hang onto from various systems. One is a copy of Faselei! for Neo Geo Pocket. Looking through sold listings on eBay there aren't many to begin with, but those that did sell are either the Japanese version or version NEOP00900 which was before the "E" ESRB rating was added. The sold listings on PriceCharting referencing ESRB version are too old to view on ebay and theres multiple so I'm not sure they even sold.

Does anybody know something about this variant (NEOP00901) and if it affects the value at all (positive or negative) compared to the first one? My other Neo Geo Pocket games I had from when I bought the system myself when I was in school but I dont remember playing this once much.

20210301_132204.jpg

Edited by GharetSaiDe

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know a some but not a whole lot.  I can NOT help you on price, ebay, paid/sold is about it if they come up as it's infrequent.

There were 3 versions of this game, at least as far as the sticker goes, rom just 2.

Japan got the one you said.  Second, came the UK which got the english release.  Just as original SNK folded sucked up by those clueless fools at Aruze (that pachinko company) they had started to print US versions of this game.  Ultimately some got out, a decent amount, but nothing decent compared to what was released correctly in a box with a manual, etc.  It ended up being shoveled out inside of these blister packs with a few other games, or a handheld+games in the pack as they had variants.

Aruze wasn't having any care about releasing anything Neo Geo related other than shoveling out a few more arcade boards for MVS as easy money. Those losers just cared about making a bunch of gambling games domestically for NGPC in Japan, that was it, other than that they abused the licenses to make shitty pachinko machines.  So when this fly by night company contacted them taking interest in their new old stock supplies, they made some deal to blister pack the stuff.  Any remaining manuals and boxes were DESTROYED, and the games with their dust clips went into those generic packs, and Faselei US/ESRB rated and all quietly slipped out that way.

IT was like the last US release, before that Cotton got a limited US launch, and I still see stupid people say it never happened despite the fact I USED TO OWN IT and damn so I hate myself for selling my system/games off 15 years ago due to hardship as I'd rub the pictures in peoples faces. 😕

Just now, GharetSaiDe said:

That's a ton of really good info, thanks @Tanooki!

None of my games had boxes and I remember now buying the system and some games as a bundle at an ebgames sort of place when I first got it

I've enjoyed the Neo Geo setup since around 1990 when big red made it to the arcade, so when the handheld arrived in the late 90s I picked it up fast and got a lot of games for it.  Sadly lost it all in 2005~ about, but about 2-3 years ago I re-collected nearly everything I lost, grabbed a few different games, and then got the Neo Geo SD Kit (which now has another name for $100 at stone age gamer) to play a few others.  It was bitter getting the stuff, prices already went bad there when I got in so the boxed up stuff was like $100+ a cart, so I settled for loose in clips, other than one I snagged for the loose price (Biomotor Unitron) the best RPG on the system outside Japan.

I wish I could pull the trigger on the 2 I lack still, but the price on Rockman is annoying, and Cotton is utterly painful.

A little side note to Faselei, there was another game coming, probably a month or two later, but it never got far enough to start flashing chips and making stickers to get into those packs.  The NGPC version of Evolution (which came to DC, then Gamecube.)  That one if you buy it, it's UK only and the price is horrible.  Stuff like those justify buying the kit, not like SNK will ever re-release them.