IGNORED

**VideoGameSage NES Weekly Contest Leaderboard & Rules 2021**

guillavoie

1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

Put in another 30 seconds. I thought the same at first, but if you take a few minutes to figure out scoring system, seems like it would be a lot of fun for high score contest

I'm pretty sure that Famicom games are supposed to be a means of torture and not meant to be fun.

7 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

I don't remember if we bet money or food that day.  Then again, food costs money 😛

I don't recall it being a "bet": I played a random game on a multi arcade cab for shits and giggles while waiting for my chili-dog to be ready at an eatery like ten years ago and then you played the same game right after me and got a slightly higher score... at which point you then proceeded to brag about it for the entire rest of human history to the present!

If you want to talk about bets, tell them about the time I won your dead mint Wizards & Warriors III cart by sweeping you in Tecmo Super Bowl... 😉

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I don't recall it being a "bet": I played a random game on a multi arcade cab for shits and giggles while waiting for my chili-dog to be ready at an eatery like ten years ago and then you played the same game right after me and got a slightly higher score... at which point you then proceeded to brag about it for the entire rest of human history to the present!

If you want to talk about bets, tell them about the time I won your dead mint Wizards & Warriors III cart by sweeping you in Tecmo Super Bowl... 😉

The way it worked was that YOU said you could beat me at ANY game I chose, and I chose Pooyan.  I then allowed you to go first because I KNEW I'd beat you regardless, as I had played it before and you had not.  That said, it may well have been bragging rights (it HAS been over a decade), but you were the one who threw down the gauntlet, as usual.  I just wanted to eat my hot dog 😛

And speaking of bets, didn't I win Moon Ranger off you? 😛

Edited by the_wizard_666

51 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Holy shit. Thats a pretty hefty bet even assuming it was a long time ago. What was the contest there? And what would you have lost had morbus won?

I honestly don't remember.  In all honesty, I think it was originally my cart, and lost it to him, and then subsequently won it back.  We've done shit like that a few times over the years.  Hard to keep track.  I will say though, I usually win if there's nothing on the line...he really only brings his A game when there's stakes to be had, whereas I don't have that other gear - I do as good as I can and that's it.  I will say though, he's added a few caveats to "any game in the library" over the years...ain't nobody gonna beat me at The Punisher 😛

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Holy shit. Thats a pretty hefty bet even assuming it was a long time ago. What was the contest there? And what would you have lost had morbus won?

Me and @bertsampson bet $100 toward @Gloves charity fund on the Mario Bros contest last year. Both of us rolled the score and tied for first place so we each had to pay up. 😂

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, RH said:

So... @Deadeye, will we be getting out participation charm automatically or will we need to ask for it over in the Charms Request thread?

For what it's worth, I'm still waiting on my 2020 beat em up champion charm. Every time I mention it to @Gloves, he just ignores me. 😂 

I guess we don't get a say whether we want the charms to display then?  I don't mind them being in my profile, but I don't particularly care about having them display every time I post something.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just found the "hide" functionality 😛

Edited by the_wizard_666