IGNORED

Board noob here. I collect Koei stuff

Figured it was time for me to finally join a *age forum. 

Chris here. Been collecting since I was 4 when we got an Atari 2600. SNES is my fave console. 

I'm a bit weird because I collect all things gen-1 and gen-2 Koei. Started a podcast with my buddy Nate, as we've been playing Romance of the Three Kingdoms 2 since 1992. 

Any other Koei fans here? 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, tigerwolf said:

I'm a bit weird because I collect all things gen-1 and gen-2 Koei. Started a podcast with my buddy Nate, as we've been playing Romance of the Three Kingdoms 2 since 1992. 

Any other Koei fans here? 

Man, I love ROTK2!  I've got two guides on gamefaqs and a map of the battle terrain - that's how much I love that game.  having someone in real life to play the game with would be legendary!

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Wow! 1

Hey! Yes, I love old Koei games. I really like Aerobiz and Supersonic, recently got New Horizons, and LOVE the Nobunaga's Ambition titles (I've beaten the SNES version of the first game, but none of the others yet). I still want to pick up Inindo and Liberty or Death at some point soon. I've got several RotTK titles, but haven't invested much time in them yet.

The box art for the simulation series games are just the best, aren't they?

• Love 1

14 hours ago, Jeevan said:

Forest Gump GIF by memecandy

Snes rulz.  N64?  how do u feel about this controversial console?  😆

N64 is kinda like that beautiful girl you met at the club but couldn't really hear because the music was too loud. She looked gorgeous and laughed at all your jokes that night. Then when you meet up for coffee the next day you realize that she has this high-pitched voice straight outta The Nanny, laughs like a hyena, and her favorite TV show is American Idol. She looks gorgeous, but there's not really that much substance there, aside from the two of you agreeing that Mario Kart 64 and Goldeneye were both kinda fun to play in college

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1

12 minutes ago, tigerwolf said:

N64 is kinda like that beautiful girl you met at the club but couldn't really hear because the music was too loud. She looked gorgeous and laughed at all your jokes that night. Then when you meet up for coffee the next day you realize that she has this high-pitched voice straight outta The Nanny, laughs like a hyena, and her favorite TV show is American Idol. She looks gorgeous, but there's not really that much substance there, aside from the two of you agreeing that Mario Kart 64 and Goldeneye were both kinda fun to play in college

Bill Hader Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Fuck you dude!

Welcome to the forum! ☺️

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, FenrirZero said:

SHOW US YOUR COPY OF NIGHT LIFE!!! 🤩

Erm... I mean... Welcome! And I should note that being here I can confirm that I am an import RPG collector. Mostly Dragon Quest. So having preferences makes me anticipate your posts that much more. 🙂

Amazing, I've found my people, haha! Import RPGs and/or Dragon Quest ftw! 

Don't have any of 'those' educational games, I'm afraid. No electric eels or any of those shenanigans. Though I do have quite a few Angelique audio dramas in Japanese on CD if that somehow counts for something haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renmauzo said:

Hey! Yes, I love old Koei games. I really like Aerobiz and Supersonic, recently got New Horizons, and LOVE the Nobunaga's Ambition titles (I've beaten the SNES version of the first game, but none of the others yet). I still want to pick up Inindo and Liberty or Death at some point soon. I've got several RotTK titles, but haven't invested much time in them yet.

The box art for the simulation series games are just the best, aren't they?

Fantastic to meet a fellow old Koei fan! I also love the 80s/90s Nobunaga's Ambition games. But to be honest, I very much like Inindo much more, as it's just so original and unique and unlike anything else made by any other game dev. 

Man, that box art is incredible. All because of the legendary Noriyoshi Ohrai, may he rest in peace. Truly beautiful fantasy painter. His Empire Strikes Back art is my fave

Events Helper · Posted

poor N64, she just wants to be loved, im going for a full set and just bought worms armageddon, sure she likes to show her bad side too, but sometimes that can be fun ❤️.  Never know, there are a few gems i found last year i never would have known existed if i didnt find this community, maybe you should explore it a bit more.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Man, I love ROTK2!  I've got two guides on gamefaqs and a map of the battle terrain - that's how much I love that game.  having someone in real life to play the game with would be legendary!

That's so awesome! I started posting to the board there only recently as I started building an Airtable db of all the ROTK2 generals and had some questions, haha. Thanks for that terrain map, it's so excellent!

Well, both of us (me, Tiger and my buddy nate, Wolf) are in Kelowna. So not very far away to have an IRL game! Just have to find some pub where they'd let us plug in a SNES. Shouldn't be a problem, right? We could bring our own CRT 😛 

...oh right, Covid and the plague and all that. But hey, at least at one point Canada might get some vaccines distributed!

2 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

poor N64, she just wants to be loved, im going for a full set and just bought worms armageddon, sure she likes to show her bad side too, but sometimes that can be fun ❤️.  Never know, there are a few gems i found last year i never would have known existed if i didnt find this community, maybe you should explore it a bit more.

You're a good person, and she deserves a better, more accepting man like you. It's nice when soulmates find each other 🙂

As for me, I'm living that polyamorous open relationship lifestyle with my Sega Genesis Model-1 and SNES. We occasionally fight and they get jealous of each other, but overall we make it work. We've been to counselling and talked about the war between the two of them, and I think we managed to really get somewhere together

Maybe one night I can talk to the two of them to see if the three of us are ready to open up the relationship to include an N64. But both my ladies love their Koei games, so I don't think they'd welcome a fourth-wheel lady into our special Circle of Love quite yet. 

Besides, I think they might both secretly have a 'thing' for the X68000 instead. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I think they've been eyeing her up for a while

• Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
18 minutes ago, tigerwolf said:

You're a good person, and she deserves a better, more accepting man like you. It's nice when soulmates find each other 🙂

As for me, I'm living that polyamorous open relationship lifestyle with my Sega Genesis Model-1 and SNES. We occasionally fight and they get jealous of each other, but overall we make it work. We've been to counselling and talked about the war between the two of them, and I think we managed to really get somewhere together

Maybe one night I can talk to the two of them to see if the three of us are ready to open up the relationship to include an N64. But both my ladies love their Koei games, so I don't think they'd welcome a fourth-wheel lady into our special Circle of Love quite yet. 

Besides, I think they might both secretly have a 'thing' for the X68000 instead. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I think they've been eyeing her up for a while

well i suggest mischief makers and buck bumble, 2 gems i found thanks to @OptOut and some others here.  They are pretty good games!!!!  If you ever delve into the n64 library look them up.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Jeevan said:

well i suggest mischief makers and buck bumble, 2 gems i found thanks to @OptOut and some others here.  They are pretty good games!!!!  If you ever delve into the n64 library look them up.

For sure, I enjoyed Mischief Makers quite a bit. There are a few highlights on the N64. I was just being silly 🙂 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Well, not to pimp the thread or anything, but if u ever wanna play games with us, we do a bi weekly game night here on vgs.  Feel free to check it out.

That's cool, very nice! Do you guys let people join as a spectator, or do you mainly look for other players? Might be tricky to attend for me with kids and such, but will keep an eye on these in case I can join in some time!

Events Helper · Posted
14 minutes ago, tigerwolf said:

That's cool, very nice! Do you guys let people join as a spectator, or do you mainly look for other players? Might be tricky to attend for me with kids and such, but will keep an eye on these in case I can join in some time!

I record as much as i can via capture card and twitch.  You are more than welcome to join or just spectate.  I have a youtube channel and a twitch channel, be forewarned that some of it is "adult" tho. so just a heads up, a little alcohol and whatnot.  It starts at 6pm EST and lasts till we all just give up lol. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClWWY0MVafm4IjDJ9hxs29g

Feel free to look and see if it is something you would be interested in.

We aren't always that raunchy either, just so happens jackbox brings it out in us 🤣