Jump to content
IGNORED

Thoughts on being Pandered to?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t know that this is something to get panties in a bunch about.  It’s just a mediocre porn chick targeting a relatively untapped but known highly fap-ready market.  I mean the usual go to for the

The behavior shouldn't be encouraged TBH. Collecting shelves full of video games is often obsessive and unhealthy.

Posted Images

Member · Posted
2 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

As the resident “construction worker” I will say the modern version of that is most guys wont be crippled by late 40s nowadays. 
 

Current OSHA standards and injury insurance rates cut down on aggressive “actual” physical labor. That and constant specific inventions/technology make most difficult labor a thing of the past. 

I’m really glad to hear that. There’s a farmer that lives down the road from my parents who laid a lot of concrete for people throughout the years and his body is torn the hell up from it. Glad it seems to be a thing of the past.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Strange said:

I’m really glad to hear that. There’s a farmer that lives down the road from my parents who laid a lot of concrete for people throughout the years and his body is torn the hell up from it. Glad it seems to be a thing of the past.

Maybe for where he is its a thing of the past, or maybe if your in a union in a big city somewhere. It's not even close to a thing of the past in my experience 

Edit: To clarify this a little

Regulation and improvements in tech only help so much, and different trades have different levels of stress on the body. If your in HVAC (I was so this is from experience) there is no getring away from physically carrying a furnace or air handler up and down stairs and contorting your body to try to fit one up and attic access panel. Theres no getting away from being hunched over 12hrs a day, day in and day out laying out duct work or kneeling down in a hunched postion zip tieing pex tubing to a grid for floor heating, or if you have to replace a multi hundred pound boiler in a 100+ yr old house (very common here) and have to pull the old one out through a stairwell that is only 20inches wide because it was built before standardization. The only way to do that is with brute force.

 All of this stuff day in and day out destroys your body over time. Especially the kneeling and crouching, so any trade where that is a standard working position your going to have body issues. Not to mention the physiological toll that takes when your always sore or have a pulled/strained something. It makes you a miserable person. That is very much a present problem and is why I got the hell out of doing it after a number of years tearing up my back and knees. I wanted to be able to walk when Im 50.

Edited by LeatherRebel5150
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Maybe for where he is its a thing of the past, or maybe if your in a union in a big city somewhere. It's not even close to a thing of the past in my experience 

Edit: To clarify this a little

Regulation and improvements in tech only help so much, and different trades have different levels of stress on the body. If your in HVAC (I was so this is from experience) there is no getring away from physically carrying a furnace or air handler up and down stairs and contorting your body to try to fit one up and attic access panel. Theres no getting away from being hunched over 12hrs a day, day in and day out laying out duct work or kneeling down in a hunched postion zip tieing pex tubing to a grid for floor heating, or if you have to replace a multi hundred pound boiler in a 100+ yr old house (very common here) and have to pull the old one out through a stairwell that is only 20inches wide because it was built before standardization. The only way to do that is with brute force.

 All of this stuff day in and day out destroys your body over time. Especially the kneeling and crouching, so any trade where that is a standard working position your going to have body issues. Not to mention the physiological toll that takes when your always sore or have a pulled/strained something. It makes you a miserable person. That is very much a present problem and is why I got the hell out of doing it after a number of years tearing up my back and knees. I wanted to be able to walk when Im 50.

You call it a “physiological toll”. Tradesmen call it “a hard days work”.  Sounds like you are making a great argument for unionization, we dont let contractors treat our members like that. 
 

Residential HVAC does suck though, especially when it looks like the owner of your company has never heard of a come-along, or a hi-boy lift. My wifes friends father did resi-hvac for 40 years (bought the shop he apprenticed with) and does triathalons at 70, but he invested in equipment and tools. Sure he is beat up, but obviously can still function at a high level. Retrofits and upgrades are just a small part of that, new construction is considerably easier. 

8 hours ago, Strange said:

I’m really glad to hear that. There’s a farmer that lives down the road from my parents who laid a lot of concrete for people throughout the years and his body is torn the hell up from it. Glad it seems to be a thing of the past.

Pouring and dressing cement by hand, is extremely difficult. The cement masons around here get a retirement package at 50 because of that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, AmandaCathedral said:

I agree with you Kguillemette. Personally it's not the body whoring that bothers me as much as the undeserved financial gain. I've worked really hard to get to a point in my life where I have disposable income after years of not having it, so frankly I'm pretty stunned by the lack of frustration over people like this. The people who do this when they're young won't really have any proper idea of hard earned life status, so when it all falls apart on them once they don't "got the stuff", they're in for a rude awakening about how the world works.

1. how do you know its undeserved?

2. why is your energy frustration? after that the energy seems like you take pleasure in people falling out of fortune. your willing to watch hoping there luck will run out so you can finally be, i dont know what the word is,   happy about it?

i dont care for the flaunting but it doesnt upset me, i feel sorry for her...but she has to decide for herself.

you have worked hard. isnt it enough to be proud of that? why are you letting other peoples fortune upset you? 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Member · Posted

Everyone likes a nice pair of tits, but tbh, I personally see this sort of pandering as trashy.

I'm not one to get triggered or up in arms about this sort of thing, I don't really care, but in this day and age I just scratch my head a bit about the whole thing. There was women's rights, the recent #metoo movement, and then there's this. I guess some women might find this empowering, but I've also heard some prostitutes say the same of their trade.

I guess at the end I personally feel that if the USA / the west (?) is trying to move more towards a society where women aren't viewed strictly as sex things for men, then why are we over sexualising women for stunts like this? 

Then there's the target audience she has, likely nerdy losers who've never been within ten feet of a woman's boob. Socially awkward dudes, bitter dudes, misogynistic dudes, etc. Are such videos really going to help the cause on this front? Well, these people might throw money at the woman in the video, sure, if she was nice to them... though it sets up a fictitious situation too, rather than a reality.

Overall, while I personally have no issues with this, I think this sort of pandering doesn't particularly fit in well with the changes we see occuring in society.

  • Eyeroll 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

1. how do you know its undeserved?

2. why is your energy frustration? after that the energy seems like you take pleasure in people falling out of fortune. your willing to watch hoping there luck will run out so you can finally be, i dont know what the word is,   happy about it?

i dont care for the flaunting but it doesnt upset me, i feel sorry for her...but she has to decide for herself.

you have worked hard. isnt it enough to be proud of that? why are you letting other peoples fortune upset you? 

I don't get how some of these YouTubers and Twitch streamers make a fortune, but I don't lose sleep over it. If people would pay me that kind of money to play videogames online or make videos, I'd be doing it too. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya, honestly im indifferent to this kind of thing. If there is a market for it and people are willing to pay for it 🤷‍♂️. Its like being a stripper but reaching a wider audience.

I can understand the frustration with youtube allowing videos like that as its pretty clearly skirting the line. They seem to have this habit of cracking down on content because "kids might come across it" but is the video even age restricted ?

But in terms of someone like this flaunting their body to make money, meh. Some people are just born with natural "Talents" (not necessarily just physical). What if someone was born as a science prodigy? They didnt have to "work as hard" as someone else to get to the same spot (or further) but would I be jealous of them? No, I know I am where I am at because of the work I put in, someone being ahead for other reasons doesnt affect where I am or what I have done.

I mean, take actors for example. Sure some definitely have worked to get where they are, but say..megan fox. What do you think made her the big bucks on movies like transformers? Pretty sure its not her acting talent

I guess part of it is people would be upset because its "in their hobby"? IE if you considered others competing for the same "resources" as you (Video games) and they essentially have a "higher social standing" because people are willing to just throw money and games a them, yea that can be frustrating, but also understanding those people in 10-15 years when its not as "popular" will just move on to something else anyways

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I don't get how some of these YouTubers and Twitch streamers make a fortune, but I don't lose sleep over it. If people would pay me that kind of money to play videogames online or make videos, I'd be doing it too. 

i can only pray you would make videos with a....outfit like this 😍

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

I guess some women might find this empowering, but I've also heard some prostitutes say the same of their trade.

I guess at the end I personally feel that if the USA / the west (?) is trying to move more towards a society where women aren't viewed strictly as sex things for men, then why are we over sexualising women for stunts like this? 

I think the difference is in WHO is doing the sexualization. A woman choosing to use her sexuality to make money or whatever else is viewed as empowering because "Its my body its my choice, if I chose to flaunt it and have men cater thats ok" Vs "I want to be viewed as a whole person and it bothers me that people just view me for my sexuality"

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Member · Posted
2 minutes ago, Woobie said:

I think the difference is in WHO is doing the sexualization. A woman choosing to use her sexuality to make money or whatever else is viewed as empowering because "Its my body its my choice, if I chose to flaunt it and have men cater thats ok" Vs "I want to be viewed as a whole person and it bothers me that people just view me for my sexuality"

Yes, I agree, and knew someone would raise this point, hence why I didn't post until now. But just because we can see and recognise this difference, can others?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Woobie said:

I think the difference is in WHO is doing the sexualization. A woman choosing to use her sexuality to make money or whatever else is viewed as empowering because "Its my body its my choice, if I chose to flaunt it and have men cater thats ok" Vs "I want to be viewed as a whole person and it bothers me that people just view me for my sexuality"

The presentation does dictate the reaction in most cases.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Member · Posted

Like I said earlier in this thread, if my girlfriend can sell her bathwater or whatever I’ll gladly help her bottle it up. If my friend can get some lonely dude on Twitch to send her $800 for her tattoo I would have gladly taken it if I were her.

I still haven’t watched the video in the OP and I don’t plan on it and don’t care for any type of video like that but again, I don’t blame her one bit if it’s that easy to get dudes to send her their dollars. Times are tough.

On a totally unrelated note, any of y’all like mens’ feet? I take payment via Venmo or Nintender games.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know that this is something to get panties in a bunch about.  It’s just a mediocre porn chick targeting a relatively untapped but known highly fap-ready market.  I mean the usual go to for them for trying to stand out is to take more Schwanzes than everybody else.  She’s actually like those fancy pants California construction workers you guys were talking about.  Makes more money AND she doesn’t end up walking like a cowboy.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Welcome to VGS!

    Play, Make, Collect.

    Here at VGS all kinds of gamers are welcome, and that includes you!

    Join the conversation!

×
×
  • Create New...