Jump to content
IGNORED

Thoughts on being Pandered to?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t know that this is something to get panties in a bunch about.  It’s just a mediocre porn chick targeting a relatively untapped but known highly fap-ready market.  I mean the usual go to for the

The behavior shouldn't be encouraged TBH. Collecting shelves full of video games is often obsessive and unhealthy.

Posted Images

I agree with you Kguillemette. Personally it's not the body whoring that bothers me as much as the undeserved financial gain. I've worked really hard to get to a point in my life where I have disposable income after years of not having it, so frankly I'm pretty stunned by the lack of frustration over people like this. The people who do this when they're young won't really have any proper idea of hard earned life status, so when it all falls apart on them once they don't "got the stuff", they're in for a rude awakening about how the world works.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AmandaCathedral said:

I agree with you Kguillemette. Personally it's not the body whoring that bothers me as much as the undeserved financial gain. I've worked really hard to get to a point in my life where I have disposable income after years of not having it, so frankly I'm pretty stunned by the lack of frustration over people like this. The people who do this when they're young won't really have any proper idea of hard earned life status, so when it all falls apart on them once they don't "got the stuff", they're in for a rude awakening about how the world works.

Maybe she is doing this to pay for medical school.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eyeroll 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AmandaCathedral said:

I agree with you Kguillemette. Personally it's not the body whoring that bothers me as much as the undeserved financial gain. I've worked really hard to get to a point in my life where I have disposable income after years of not having it, so frankly I'm pretty stunned by the lack of frustration over people like this. The people who do this when they're young won't really have any proper idea of hard earned life status, so when it all falls apart on them once they don't "got the stuff", they're in for a rude awakening about how the world works.

I don't have any issue with running a youtube channel. Hypersexuality and female objectivity in society is my problem. This young lady has chosen to promote her channel by being outright sexual, which buys right into that. "I put this outfit on just for you guys," or whatever nonsense she said at the beginning of the video. Hey, it's obviously working for her, and it's a free country. If people want to give her money to continue displaying herself before the items she is promoting, that's on them. I will not be among them.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Member · Posted

Idk I mean people give women sex workers (whether it’s stripping, OnlyFans, softcore stuff like this or whatever) such a hard time about “selling their bodies” but I never see these people critiquing the construction workers/contractors who are selling their bodies. The difference between the two is that the construction workers/contractors might be damn near crippled by their late 40s and have to retire early. 

I hate to see a buddy of mine from high school be in his late 20s and already need back surgery. He sold his body the same as any sex worker imo and no shame toward him for it.

Anyway, soapbox is done. Titties and vidyas.

Edited for clarity and because I think I sounded too harsh/down on some peoples’ career choices

Edited by Strange
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Member · Posted

Female objectification is just a fact of life. Being able to take advantage of that fact to make money is a POSITIVE thing for women who are motivated and able to do so.

And, let's be clear, it's an avenue available to more than just "hot" women. There are LOADS of paying losers out there interested in women of all different body types too. If you're a woman and you're NOT making money naked on the internet, send me your nudes and I'll offer you some career advice. 😉

Complaining about "hypersexualization" is a blunt denial of the world we already live in. The boobs are here. We've seen them. No way you can stuff THOSE jammers back in the tube! 🤣

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Member · Posted

I realize after the fact that professional athletes would have been a better comparison, but the point still stands. Both careers take a toll on your body, usually require early retirement, but have potential for lucrative return.

Not trying to shit on our contractor/construction working friends. You guys rock. I just don’t understand why sex workers are the only ones getting criticized for selling their bodies even when they aren’t the only ones selling their bodies (not on here but just in society in general).

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Administrator · Posted
2 hours ago, Kguillemette said:

I don't have any issue with running a youtube channel. Hypersexuality and female objectivity in society is my problem. This young lady has chosen to promote her channel by being outright sexual, which buys right into that. "I put this outfit on just for you guys," or whatever nonsense she said at the beginning of the video. Hey, it's obviously working for her, and it's a free country. If people want to give her money to continue displaying herself before the items she is promoting, that's on them. I will not be among them.

 

In case you didn't watch the whole video, she advertises her OnlyFans at the end; literally says "if you wanna see what's UNDER this top, check out my OnlyFans, link in the description". 

She's not making money on YouTube, she's getting free advertising for her pornography. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Strange said:

Idk I mean people give women sex workers (whether it’s stripping, OnlyFans, softcore stuff like this or whatever) such a hard time about “selling their bodies” but I never see these people critiquing the construction workers/contractors who are selling their bodies. The difference between the two is that the construction workers/contractors will be damn near crippled by their late 40s and have to retire early. And a lot of those dudes were conned into taking those jobs by dumbasses who promised them some BS like “You’ll make close to six figures a year right out of the gate!” which CAN happen but most often is not the case.

I hate to see a buddy of mine from high school be in his late 20s and already need back surgery. But he got romanticized into being that career choice. He sold his body. (No shade towards contractors, we need them.)

Anyway, soapbox is done. Titties and vidyas.

As the resident “construction worker” I will say the modern version of that is most guys wont be crippled by late 40s nowadays. 
 

Current OSHA standards and injury insurance rates cut down on aggressive “actual” physical labor. That and constant specific inventions/technology make most difficult labor a thing of the past. 
 

plus, actual injuries are more trade specific. For electricians like myself, its the hands, wrists and elbows. But, we retire at 55 with full pension. And I know its more a local thing, but our First year apprentices make 75k a year, with only a GED equivalent and a super basic entrance exam. 
 

So yeah, just like a sex worker.But with more kissing in port-o-potties

 

  • Like 3
  • Wow! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gloves said:

In case you didn't watch the whole video, she advertises her OnlyFans at the end; literally says "if you wanna see what's UNDER this top, check out my OnlyFans, link in the description". 

She's not making money on YouTube, she's getting free advertising for her pornography. 

image.jpeg.fa90a5319d14b624defb116c031820dd.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gloves said:

In case you didn't watch the whole video, she advertises her OnlyFans at the end; literally says "if you wanna see what's UNDER this top, check out my OnlyFans, link in the description". 

She's not making money on YouTube, she's getting free advertising for her pornography. 

☹️

You are correct that I did not watch the whole video. I was just hoping that this was just a nerdy girl with unusually large breasts that that got some hot topic lingerie to wear for her gaming videos. 

I find it disturbing that YouTube allows links to actual porn sites in the descriptions of their videos.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess to answer the question more directly, if a youtube video or advertisement tries to pander to me with some nice looking shirtless dude, I feel nothing really. It's ultimately just a commercial, so if I'm looking for a new carpet to buy that a shirtless dude is advertising, I'm more thinking, "WOAH! CHECK OUT THAT CARPET!!" 💲💲💲

Link to post
Share on other sites
Member · Posted
1 minute ago, AmandaCathedral said:

I guess to answer the question more directly, if a youtube video or advertisement tries to pander to me with some nice looking shirtless dude, I feel nothing really. It's ultimately just a commercial, so if I'm looking for a new carpet to buy that a shirtless dude is advertising, I'm more thinking, "WOAH! CHECK OUT THAT CARPET!!" 💲💲💲

It's different for women tho, because most men are just ridiculously horny most of the time. It's REALLY easy to sell sex to men because we REALLY want sex, like a LOT.

I'm not sure if most women would be able to relate to that, but I have heard that trans men who start taking testosterone experience a MASSIVE increase in sexual desire, so I would guess this is primarily a male phenomenon.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Welcome to VGS!

    Play, Make, Collect.

    Here at VGS all kinds of gamers are welcome, and that includes you!

    Join the conversation!

×
×
  • Create New...