IGNORED

wata liability value

cromag27

1 hour ago, inasuma said:

Well, the statemetn I'm replying to wasn't "these games came up again and sold for less", it was, "I am unaware of any recent sales for 100k plus." I'm just providing somewhat recent sources (even discounting anything from 3+ months ago).

Granted, 99.99% of games are no longer higher than 100k, period, so it's very clear that the hype market of 2021 is dead. I mean, heck, Pokemon red in VGA 90 Uncirculated (rattata variant, but still) went 15k *recently*.

TL;DR I don't disagree entirely with you either.

2133595427_ScreenShot2022-10-18at1_14_34PM.png.351ea2f3284e8d5ea3945fc92f8d0b09.png

i regret not buying more of these 😩 only managed to get one real nice one...

16 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

What evidence do you have that its not? 

What evidence do you have that proves a mario game that sold millions and millions of copies is worth 1.5 million because of a subjective grade?

The idea that people are laundering money through high dollar graded games purchases is more plausible than a copy of halo going for 35,000.00

That's not how it works tho - you made the claim, so you should provide the evidence. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Burden of proof etc

Also, I'm not sure how well known it's yet but there's a good amount of confidence the person who bought the 1.5m Mario was the cofounder of Reddit. lol

Edited by inasuma

5 minutes ago, inasuma said:

That's not how it works tho - you made the claim, so you should provide the evidence. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Also, I'm not sure how well known it's yet but there's a good amount of confidence the person who bought the 1.5m Mario was the cofounder of Reddit. lol

Fair enough. I will as soon as someone proves to me that a 9.4 metroid copy is worth 168,00.00.

But thats impossible, because I could sell a piece of used toilet paper for 100 billion dollars. Whos to say it isnt “worth” it. 

So if its not money laundering, then what is it? Terrible investing? Especially if things are being sold for a certain price, then immediately being sold if significantly less (if true). 

Now if the “market” price had stayed somewhat consistent over time, then I wouldnt be talking about laundering. But such a huge jump then crash makes it more plausible. 

It's not so far-fetched to think that some of the most expensive graded sales are money laundering. Same as art sales, surely smaller amounts than art sales, but same idea/concept that you can hide behind them.

I'm happy knowing that eventually ALL graded games will start rotting like everything else. Seals will deform, boxes will warp, you have no idea how the contents actually look, the disc or cart will be dead, if a small larva or insect was in there before grading, it ate and pooped inside the box, if some humidity is stuck it will have fun damading paper contents too (since the tombs are 100% sealed, great idea by the way), mould stains eventually will appear, etc.

If it's not rich people masturbating, and if it's not laundering, it's a speed-game of buy and resell before the boxes look like shit and you don't want to be the one left with it when it starts to look like shit.

Also wonder when those plastic tombs will start yellowing and cracking, might take a while if it's "good quality plastic" (whatever that means), but still just a matter of time.

So while I love and enjoy having some sealed games in my collection coz it feels like the days the were sold in stores, i think grading sucks for all, gamers and collectors.

just my opinion.

not even talking about grading used games or prototypes, there's really nothing to say about that. i applaude people who can do that with a straight face.

• Confused 1

Do we really need fancy, money laundering scheme conspiracies or shady shill-bidding shenanigans to explain what's happened here? I don't think so!

There was a PUMP and a DUMP, and the "investors" got suckered into holding HEAVY bags! The newcomers had no idea what they were buying into, and were led deeply astray by both vested interests in the established collecting/grading/auctioning scene as well as their own damn greed.

No one wanted to listen at the time, and now they're all gone, hiding their shame and licking their wounds. The only guys who are still around here are the guys who are ACTUALLY interested in collecting sealed games for more than just a get-rich-quick scheme, such as my good friends @inasuma@tidaldreams and of course @Gulag Joe, who is my BEST friend. 😚

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 10/19/2022 at 3:04 AM, OptOut said:

Do we really need fancy, money laundering scheme conspiracies or shady shill-bidding shenanigans to explain what's happened here? I don't think so!

There was a PUMP and a DUMP, and the "investors" got suckered into holding HEAVY bags! The newcomers had no idea what they were buying into, and were led deeply astray by both vested interests in the established collecting/grading/auctioning scene as well as their own damn greed.

No one wanted to listen at the time, and now they're all gone, hiding their shame and licking their wounds. The only guys who are still around here are the guys who are ACTUALLY interested in collecting sealed games for more than just a get-rich-quick scheme, such as my good friends @inasuma@tidaldreams and of course @Gulag Joe, who is my BEST friend. 😚

Hey now I legit love my games and am happy to collect them independently of their long term value. I’m also a condition snob and don’t you forget it. 😤

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, inasuma said:

Hey now I legit love my games and am happy to collect them independently of their long term value. I’m also a condition snob and don’t you forget it. 😤

You are one of the way cooler Sealed collectors I pay attention to around here. You Just show off your stuff and don’t infomercial lecture us about how amazing investing in Sealed games are. 

You also dont shaft ride wata aggressively from Stockholm syndrome from what ive seen. Keep up the good work. You also have a pretty diverse collection which I respect. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1