IGNORED

wata liability value

cromag27

25 minutes ago, OptOut said:

It also reduces EVERY single reason someone might want to get a game graded down to a simple factor, I.E. resale value.

Now, obviously I KNOW that the main reason most people grade things is to resell. But, say I had a copy of Mario 64 for 20 years or something, I loved it and just wanted to get it graded for my own personal reasons... Should I really accept that thirty thousand dollars is a reasonable fee?

Or even if it was JUST like one grand or whatever, like even then it's simple robbery, nothing more.

In this case, and now that we know PSA owns an auction house, I would reach out directly to Goldin, tell them what I have, likely they would be very interested...hopefully...then set up a meeting for them to appraise it and take it off my hands and they can grade it internally and auction it off.

34 minutes ago, Gulag Joe said:

That's what I'm afraid of and it's the reason why I just paid them the ransom!

i would hope that if wata called me up saying, we are done grading your game, it got really high marks and we have a buyer lined up, i would say yall better stop messing around and send me my game. but i would probably say "show me the $" because they know, that i know they have the deep pockets buyers pool believing anything they say and buying anything they put a label on. on top of this feeling that your gonna swap mine anyway so, i mean, you got me by the balls here...

the whole get up feels like a racket. from the start up of wata ( imo felt like a bubba group of "elite" collectors manufacturing a market for super wealthy ) to ha to psa buying wata.

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

So... Now that graded video game prices have absolutely TANKED, do you think WATA will be kind enough to refund any of the liability surcharge they added onto customers' orders? 

There's probably some poor fuckers out there who paid more to get their games graded than they are even worth any more! 🤣

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

Haven’t been following.  This true or hyperbole?  Because if so that’s fucking hilarious 😂

Basically, yeah! Most stuff across the board is down 30%+, while the REAL big ticket stuff is tanking 50, 60, 70%+ on the year!

Sonic is the best one, sold last year for 400k, most recent one sold last week in a better grade for sub 100! 💥 🤣

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, OptOut said:

So... Now that graded video game prices have absolutely TANKED, do you think WATA will be kind enough to refund any of the liability surcharge they added onto customers' orders? 

There's probably some poor fuckers out there who paid more to get their games graded than they are even worth any more! 🤣

I have been trying to get someone to tell me if ANY games are even going for 100k plus anymore on the auction sites. After the great money laundering fiasco of a few years ago of course. It seems like that was the most aggressive hype bubble, and the smart folks made their money and ditched the rest of the sheep with the bag. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

I have been trying to get someone to tell me if ANY games are even going for 100k plus anymore on the auction sites. After the great money laundering fiasco of a few years ago of course. It seems like that was the most aggressive hype bubble, and the smart folks made their money and ditched the rest of the sheep with the bag. 

I am unaware of any recent sales for 100k plus... I think certain people are clenching certain buttholes pretty tightly right about now... 😬

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Lol remember when people were like “its just going to keep going up” and my favorite:

”its like a real investment”

😂😂😂

Man, I really wish some of those graded bros would come back to visit once in a while, even a postcard would be nice! 😘

It's funny how they all sprang up like mushrooms around here in late '20 and throughout '21, but ever since the bottom fell out the market it's been a complete ghost town on this end of the forum! 👻

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OptOut said:

Man, I really wish some of those graded bros would come back to visit once in a while, even a postcard would be nice! 😘

It's funny how they all sprang up like mushrooms around here in late '20 and throughout '21, but ever since the bottom fell out the market it's been a complete ghost town on this end of the forum! 👻

They are probably all broke and had to go back to work at their dental practices! 😂

• Agree 1

On 10/16/2022 at 2:10 AM, OptOut said:

well, considering the market is so tiny that the "market price" is essentially made up, i'm gonna say no. lol

• Like 1

On 10/16/2022 at 9:18 AM, OptOut said:

I am unaware of any recent sales for 100k plus... I think certain people are clenching certain buttholes pretty tightly right about now... 😬

You can just look on HA, full price history with a free account. Plenty of sales within last six months over 100k. While most of these are still pretty far down from their 2021 highs, still over 100k. 🤷‍♂️

Also, it's HA so for some magic reason everything always goes high during signatures. Just more reason not to take sealed prices too seriously.

Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 2.39.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 2.40.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 2.40.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 2.40.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 2.40.41 PM.png

17 hours ago, inasuma said:

You can just look on HA, full price history with a free account. Plenty of sales within last six months over 100k. While most of these are still pretty far down from their 2021 highs, still over 100k. 🤷‍♂️

Also, it's HA so for some magic reason everything always goes high during signatures. Just more reason not to take sealed prices too seriously.

Hmm... I dunno. Some of those games have already come up again and sold for less, a few of these sales here are already 6 months old.

You can't hold up that Sonic as a recent sale, when the latest tanked below 100k, for example.

Graded games are dead, let's face it! 😉

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Hmm... I dunno. Some of those games have already come up again and sold for less, a few of these sales here are already 6 months old.

You can't hold up that Sonic as a recent sale, when the latest tanked below 100k, for example.

So now people are losing 100s of thousands of dollars? Sounds like a shitty investment. I bet no game sells for over 1 mil again, possibly 500k even. 

• Wow! 1
  • Agree 1

On 10/16/2022 at 10:45 AM, OptOut said:

Pokemon Hay GIF

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, OptOut said:

Well, the statemetn I'm replying to wasn't "these games came up again and sold for less", it was, "I am unaware of any recent sales for 100k plus." I'm just providing somewhat recent sources (even discounting anything from 3+ months ago).

Granted, 99.99% of games are no longer higher than 100k, period, so it's very clear that the hype market of 2021 is dead. I mean, heck, Pokemon red in VGA 90 Uncirculated (rattata variant, but still) went 15k *recently*.

TL;DR I don't disagree entirely with you either.

2133595427_ScreenShot2022-10-18at1_14_34PM.png.351ea2f3284e8d5ea3945fc92f8d0b09.png

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, inasuma said:

I refuse to believe that this is anything other than a small group of people, probably all well-connected to HA and Wata, buying each other's items and pumping prices. Those numbers are ridiculous.

Edited by DoctorEncore

2 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

I refuse to believe that this is anything other than a small group of people, probably all well-connected to HA and Wata, buying each other's items and pumping prices. Those numbers are ridiculouts.

You just described the sealed/graded collecting community as a whole. The only difference is HA gets more eyes. Slightly larger pinhole than the already pretty small pinhole.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

I refuse to believe that this is anything other than a small group of people, probably all well-connected to HA and Wata, buying each other's items and pumping prices. Those numbers are ridiculouts.

Thats my thoughts too. If something sells for a crazy amount, then immediately sells for a lot less, its most likely laundering. 

How big could the pool of people spending over 100k on a sealed game (that most likely sold millions of copies) be? 

Is heritage a publicly traded company?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Thats my thoughts too. If something sells for a crazy amount, then immediately sells for a lot less, its most likely laundering.

"most likely laundering," with what evidence? lol

i'm not even defending HA but this is some low-effort conspiracy nonsense.

31 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Is heritage a publicly traded company?

HA is private.

3 minutes ago, inasuma said:

"most likely laundering," with what evidence? lol

i'm not even defending HA but this is some low-effort conspiracy nonsense.

HA is private.

What evidence do you have that its not? 

What evidence do you have that proves a mario game that sold millions and millions of copies is worth 1.5 million because of a subjective grade?

The idea that people are laundering money through high dollar graded games purchases is more plausible than a copy of halo going for 35,000.00