IGNORED

It's Official! NintendoAge is GONE

trj22487

Holy crap. I gotta admit, while I saw the frustration of the mod team and all that brewing for a long time, I didn't for a second think it would actually go out like this. Like.. I'm actually quite shocked. I can't imagine why someone would go through the trouble of buying NA then utterly destroying it with the brand and all in such a short time. 

Ugh.. and it seems all my feedback there is gone too? Great, now no-one's gonna dare sending me a single game to Finland anymore.. 

It's crazy how VGS already feels so much more like what NA was at it's best.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Aatos said:

Holy crap. I gotta admit, while I saw the frustration of the mod team and all that brewing for a long time, I didn't for a second think it would actually go out like this. Like.. I'm actually quite shocked. I can't imagine why someone would go through the trouble of buying NA then utterly destroying it with the brand and all in such a short time. 

Ugh.. and it seems all my feedback there is gone too? Great, now no-one's gonna dare sending me a single game to Finland anymore.. 

I would mail you games in exchange for Lakerol and smorgas pickles.  Maybe some pressidenti coffee and wooden spatulas.

It's sad to see NA gone.  Hopefully everyone who wanted to stay enjoys GoCollect.  It isn't even that community in name anymore.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
7 minutes ago, Aatos said:

I'll send you a game buddy. 

• Like 2

I was looking for this thread - I just tried to click the link for the Universal NES system in another thread, they really did a solid job of migrating everything over! 

Press F in the chat boys

edit: has anyone created an account? Maybe you can’t see all the  threads as a guest?

Edited by a3quit4s

Wow! I am so happy we were able to get VGS launched when we did! That's all I will say on the matter. I'm done concerning myself with what GoCollect does and doesn't do. Every time I lower my expectations they find a way to come in under that bar.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, barrels said:

(and @trj22487 how did you stumble onto this?)

I was going to try to archive a few more of my threads (already saved the three I wanted most though) and was redirected to the link I provided. If I try to look up the particular threads on Google the links now come up as 'This Page Does Not Exist'

For instance, this is what Bronty's tribute/obituary to artist Greg Martin (Sonic The Hedgehog, etc) now looks like
https://connect.gocollect.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=117907

Edited by trj22487
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, trj22487 said:

I was going to try to archive a few more of my threads (already saved the three I wanted most though) and was redirected to the link I provided. If I try to look up the particular threads on Google the links now come up as 'This Page Does Not Exist'

I'm not seeing that at all. Either through direct navigation or using Google I get to the pages. It's otherwise up and allowing new content on the old site.  

22 minutes ago, Aatos said:

I got you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, trj22487 said:

I noticed that too. Maybe I need to be using an IBM PS/1 with Netscape Navigator to see anything with that new modern design...

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, guitarzombie said:

All the threads seem to be under "Archived NA Posts", but it looks like a bland mess.  I wonder how desolate that place is gonna be the next few weeks.

Right, but if you try to find the old threads on Google, they don't link to the new place GoCollect has put them. So years worth of links directing to the forum content are now garbage.

6 minutes ago, trj22487 said:

For instance, this is what Bronty's tribute/obituary to artist Greg Martin (Sonic The Hedgehog, etc) now looks like
https://connect.gocollect.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=117907

Did you manually construct that URL? I didn't think anybody expected a 1:1 direct mapping with the new domain name and same thread ids.

Just now, barrels said:

Did you manually construct that URL? I didn't think anybody expected a 1:1 direct mapping with the new domain name and same thread ids.

No dude. That's literally the URL that comes up in my firefox browser if I click on the very first Google link when I search "Nintendoage Greg Martin R.I.P Bronty"

Just now, trj22487 said:

No dude. That's literally the URL that comes up in my firefox browser if I click on the very first Google link when I search "Nintendoage Greg Martin R.I.P Bronty"

oh, wow. sorry for doubting you, I'm just not seeing that. Google is notorious for customizing results, so who knows what kind of black magic is preventing me from seeing it. When I do the identical search, I get the link to the OG NA thread, and clicking through takes me to the old site as expected.