IGNORED

BEST & Most Desireable/Valuable PS3 Games of All Time

On 2/15/2021 at 6:08 PM, DoctorEncore said:

I'll throw in a vote for the Uncharted trilogy, specifically the first one. Other than that, I think it's definitely the most forgettable PlayStation generation.

It's crazy to think that the PS3 is the worst selling PlayStation home console, despite still being in the top 5 best selling home consoles of all time.  

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

I can't even think of many PS3 console exclusives outside of the ones mentioned. I'm looking at my PS3 games and most of them are HD collections of PS2 games and the ones that aren't are multiplatform games like Bioshock 1-3, Dark Souls, Fallout 3 and Elder Scrolls 4. But if no one has mentioned them yet, I'll chime in with God of War 3 and all the Ratchet and Clank games especially a Crack in Time. Not my favorite games of either franchise but still very solid entries. PS3 was overall a disappointment IMO but had some great multiplatform games. 

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted

A few standouts for me that I don't think I see mentioned yet. Not necessarily Exclusives, but frankly who cares, just cuz a game is multi platform doesn't mean it's not worth owning on PS3. Plenty of good games were multi plat. 

• Killzone 2
  • LittleBigPlanet
  • Caladrius Blaze
  • Resonance of Fate
  • Sly Cooper Thieves in Time 
  • Vanquish
  • Resistance 1&2 (3 sucked) 
  • MAG
  • Fat Princess
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Anyone mention Valkyria Chronicles?  Loved that game, though it did get a Switch/PS4 remaster.

I was excited for Resistance 1 and 2 as well, but found them underwhelming.

Resistance 2 had really solid multiplayer, not sure if you played much/any of it before it shut down. I loved the co-op mode which had you choosing a role raid-style (gunner, medic, tank) and actually did a fantastic job of rewarding proper play (e.g. the medic actually healing). I miss the shit outta that.

• Agree 1

Editorials Team · Posted
16 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Resistance 2 had really solid multiplayer, not sure if you played much/any of it before it shut down. I loved the co-op mode which had you choosing a role raid-style (gunner, medic, tank) and actually did a fantastic job of rewarding proper play (e.g. the medic actually healing). I miss the shit outta that.

No, all my friends and family were in XBL, so that's where we gamed.  Ditto for local play.  I didn't even own a second Dual Shock 3.

• Sad 1

Administrator · Posted
10 minutes ago, phart010 said:

There’s a strider hiryu game on PS3. Don’t know how good it is though. But it got a Japanese physical release, which is region free.

The game is decent. Fun action, but nothing you haven't seen from other Metroidvania style games.

I've played about a dozen ps3 games or so. The one I've gotten the most enjoyment out of is Mortal Kombat 9. It might be the absolute most fun I have ever had playing a 1 on 1 fighting game(a genre I enjoy). Plus the story mode was a super fun and cinematic retelling of the original story, in addition to being a true sequel to Armageddon. It really turned me from a casual fan of MK to a really big one.

Honorable mentions to Sonic Generations, Portal 2, and Tales of Zesteria, which is the best RPG I've played on the platform. 

Events Helper · Posted
22 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

@Jeevan, figured you might want to read this thread 😏

My personal favorites:

• Batman: Arkham Series
  • Uncharted Series
  • Ratchet & Clank Series
  • Killzone 2 (haven't played 3)
  • Resistance 1 & 2 (haven't played 3)
  • Valkyrie Chronicles
  • Sly Cooper HD collection

I seen the thread, I'm playing starcraft 64 as we speak 🤪

MotorStorm - Still looks and plays great. Pretty hard with cheating AI though, so get ready to press-start-and-restart-the-race. If you can get the Complete release, go for it, it includes all the DLC on disc.

MotorStorm: Pacific Rift - Like the first one, but with more variety in vehicles and environments. Amazing game with the same enraging cheating AI.

Everybody's Golf 5 (Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds) - Never played a golf game before this, and it was a revelation. So much depth and randomness makes this a game with a very high replay value.

Everybody's Golf 6 - If you can get the disc version that is. Not as good-looking as 5 since it's a port of the PSV version, but if you played 5 and need more golf, go for it. More choice of power/hit meters will make it hard to go back to 5, so be warned.

Gran Turismo 5: Prologue - Nobody will agree with me, but I can't include GT5 here as it requires internet access to download some cars and it pisses me off. Prologue doesn't need that crap and it's a great streamlined GT5 experience without the need to sink hundreds of hours. Looks great and plays great, it's just fun to drive around and look at replays.

Infamous - Great open-world action/adventure game. Not extremely original but quite fun.

Katamari Forever - Sort of love-it or hate-it game. I love it, but I'm not very good at it.

Resistance 2 - I think it's the best of the trilogy. You will obviously want to play all of them in the correct order.

Ridge Racer 7 - Another love-it or hate-it game. It's Ridge Racer, not the best episode in my opinion. Average graphics and annoying soundtrack but once you get the hang of it, it's fun. Some missions are pretty hard so there's some challenge, but not much.

Siren: New Translation (aka Siren: Blood Curse) - Oh yeah baby. If you like survival horror, how are you not going to love this one? I went in thinking I'd run away, but I ended up playing to the end and going for all the artifacts and wasting way too much time running around with a shovel. Great experience with a ridiculous story that the collective internet is still trying to make sense of. It's a mashup of Siren and Siren 2 with some new twists.

Soul Calibur IV - Since servers are down (are they?), the PS3 version is the only one where you can play with Darth Vader. Unless there's another way of getting him on the Xbox 360 version. I suck at versus fighters so it was a pain unlocking all characters, but the game plays and looks pretty good on the Triple Balling Station. Always fun when you've got some friends at home.