IGNORED

BEST & Most Desireable/Valuable PS3 Games of All Time

DO you collect PS3 games? What are the "best" PS3 games AND why?

Are they just fun and unique? Rare? talk...

I will start off. One of my favorite PS3 games is

61zUY4l2RbL.jpeg.9aad0e41d20cdbb47cbc6b90f1e624ab.jpeg\

A really imaginative game with a beautiful soundtrack (really fabulous), fun story, and good combat. A true PS3 hidden gem, not released on any other system.

Edited by avatar!
  • Like 1

Interesting you guys brought this up because I am in fact working on getting some of my PS3 lineup caught up so far.  Here's what I currently have:

Gran Turismo 5 (haven't really started on it)

Final Fantasy 10 & 10-2

Final Fantasy 13 trilogy (haven't really started on it yet though)

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 & 2.5 (what I'm currently working on)

Wheel of Fortune+Jeopardy

Yeah it's rather meager I know but I only just in the past year or so really got into trophy hunting so...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sumez said:

PS3 exclusives, or just anything that exists on PS3? I got most of my games of that generation for the X360, but my PS3 got some usage still.

In principle anything on the PS3, but the exclusives are really what make it interesting in my opinion. Demon's Souls is of course a classic, and now that there's an arguably better version available (PS5) you can't really call Demon's Souls a PS3 exclusive and of course most any big selling game likely will be re-released at some point on some console.

I've got a huge PS3 collection which unfortunately I haven't played most of yet lol. Alice Madness Returns had a really cool atmosphere with pretty basic platforming elements. I wouldn't say it was a great game, but pretty unique. 

EDIT: Whoops just saw it was on 360 as well. I'll try and come up with some other interesting titles.

Edited by A_Feisty_Pickle
  • Like 1

MotorStorm - It was a launch title, but it was a lot of fun and actually holds up well today.

Dirt - Another early release.  Really run rally game with lots of different types of racing vehicles including off road truck, hill climb, and big rig.

Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection - HD remasters of two PS2 games.  SOTC has been remade for the PS4 and that's a better version, but this is the best way to play Ico which I highly recommend.  It often gets overlooked compared to its sisters games (SOTC, Last Guardian)

3D Dot Game Heroes - It's already been mentioned, but this is one of the best Zelda clones out there

Journey - Fairly short indi game, but with a very unique experience and a lot of fun to play 

The Orange Box - The PS3 port is often considered inferior to the Xbox 360, but if you are looking for PS3 games, it's still worth a play.  I'm not into Half life personally, but the Orange Box is worth it just for Portal (which I happen to be playing through right now on PS3)

Portal 2 - Even better than the original

Metal Gear Solid 4 - The game is available on other consoles, but I played it first on the PS3.  Probably my favorite MGS game.

Bioshock - the best way to play Bioshock is with the HD Collection on any of the modern consoles, but it's still worth mentioning that all 3 Bioshock games are available on PS3 and they tend to be very cheap.  

Medal of Honor - Warfighter - I've never actually played this game, but it comes with an HD remaster of Frontline, and that's one of the best FPS WWII games ever.

God of War Saga - If you are into any of the God of War games, make sure you pickup Saga.  It includes HD remasters of GoW 1 and 2, plus a copy of GOW 3 and digital downloads of the HD remasters of both PSP GoW games.  If you don't like the PSP versions being digital, you can pickup the HD remasters of both of those on a PS3 disc called God of War Origins.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Estil said:

Interesting you guys brought this up because I am in fact working on getting some of my PS3 lineup caught up so far.  Here's what I currently have:

Gran Turismo 5 (haven't really started on it)

I was pretty disappointed with GT5.  It's not terrible like GT Sport was, but it's just not as good as GT4, which I consider to be the best in the series.  

I used to consider Gran Turismo to be one of my favorite series of all time, but lately they have been pretty disappointing.  How is it possible that they couldn't release a single mainline series game during the entire life of the PS4?

I was mega hyped for GT5 and also let down by it. MGS4 is the GOAT to me, probably my favorite modern game. Killzone 2 I thought mostly lived up the hype. Disgaea 3 is good, but I'd play Disgaea 1 over it.

If I ever thought I'd collect PS3, I'd have picked up U2 Fortune Hunter Edition yesterday, maybe the only modern collectors edition that's truly rare and interesting in a world of giant crates with mass produced statues, RC cars, and night vision goggles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SilverspoonGaming said:

Arkham Asylum blew my mind when I first played thru it.  At the time I said it was the best game I had ever played.

I thought that was a fabulous game. So good, I played Arkham City and then Knight. I thought both of those were not nearly as streamlined and exciting as Arkham Asylum. Also, they added some 3D feature to the game which was gimmicky and strange... I loved it 🙂

ps3_batman_arkham_asylum_goty_p_d43yb9.jpeg

Edited by avatar!
  • Like 2

Not an exclusive game, but the Wizard Edition of Ni No Kuni was a PS3 exclusive.

Gorgeous edition too, and the release was an utter disaster the mueller report see GIF

https://kotaku.com/ni-no-kuni-makers-respond-to-wizards-edition-fiasco-de-5979157

Fans were not pleased this week when they learned that their orders of Ni no Kuni Wizard's Edition were cancelled due to stock shortage. Some were puzzled as to why an eBay merchant, Play Canada, was able to get hundreds of copies of the game; many postulated that there was something sketchy going on.

Play Canada quickly scalped up the goods and sold them for (I believe) $400 a pop... Right now, lowest price I could find was over $300 for a used (but complete) copy...

Have to say, a sweet game and a sweet package nonetheless.

cb8cv.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Renmauzo said:

My favorite PS3 game is Boku no NatsuYasumi 3 Summer Holidays

Whether Japanese or North American, this game is just about being a kid and going to a relative's in the country for summer vacation. It's a beautiful, lighthearted game that let's you explore and just...be a kid.

Cool! did the game have English subtitles as an option?

16 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Speaking of Silent Hill, there was also the (non-exclusive) HD Collection, which I would have purchased, if they had included Silent Hill 1, but they didn't 😠

Isn't that the one that was famous for totally screwing up SH2's graphics? Probably better to leave it alone anyway.

40 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Cool! did the game have English subtitles as an option?

Unfortunately, it doesn't. My Japanese is mediocre, so I can get through but a lot of the humor is lost on me. I did a search to see if anyone had done a translation and it seems that there are. I also found out that the first game (PS1) was re-released on PSP; I have 2 and 4 on PSP but wasn't aware that Sony did this for the first game, so I just bought a copy a few minutes ago to complete the set 😉

• Like 1