IGNORED

How willing are you to "gamble" on eBay?

On 2/9/2021 at 7:23 AM, Hammerfestus said:

On a kind of related note, I’ve actually grabbed some pretty brilliant deals from bigger sellers whose main selling focus is items other than games.  Guy has dozens of listings for old clothes and Hummel figurines but also happens to get in a boxed copy of Simons quest he’s selling for $20?  Oh hell yeah.

I had this happen on occasion.  The one I at least committed to memory was a seller who had like 100 pairs of shoes listed and sold, total shoe salesman.  Yet for some reason they posted for N64 both import games Bangaioh and Sin & Punishment along with a N64 cart adapter for only $100.  Even the year I got it (like 5+ years ago) Bangaioh was tracking well over $100 and S&P has been a good $40-50 game in that period, adapters were less common and usually were like $20.  I couldn't click and pay fast enough, good shoe salesman. 😄

On 2/9/2021 at 8:41 PM, Naked Warrior said:

I get a message at least once every six weeks from a new seller saying, "Why aren't you paying for this???" and I have to show them how to set up their Paypal account to accept all types of payments...Usually I'm nice about it ("This happens to new sellers pretty often..."), but sometimes I just ain't got time for that ("GO TO PAYPAL AND USE THE HELP FUNCTION!!!...")

The thing with this Dino Peak sale, is that the kid was so clueless he entered his paypal email address wrong in the listing or something, so my payment just went into some pending purgatory of an email address that didn't exist (thankfully), and he mailed me the game anyway because I said I paid and showed him a screen cap, a week or so pass and I receive the cartridge to my surprise (since the whole thing reeked of fishiness), but it was legit and then I started getting messages from him like "Ok so how do I get the money now?".  I was very confused by everything, but it ended up I had to cancel the original payment altogether and then send a new one to the correct email address once he fixed the typo in his paypal address.  If I were some sort of gigantic asshole I could have hypothetically just ghosted him on correcting the payment since I already had the game in hand.  The entire experience was weird and I think in the end I told him for future experiences just wait until he has the money before mailing something.

Edited by 8bitsupremacy
  • Like 1