IGNORED

The Not So Chubby Cherub Challenge!!!!

Jeevan

1 hour ago, JamesRobot said:

Despite its impenetrable message, @PII's post from the manual is 100% accurate and essential to completing each stage. 

Why is this a riddle??

I couldn't imagine the horror of having this game had been one of my only NES games growing up. This is a weird form of torture.

Edited by RegularGuyGamer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Events Helper · Posted
21 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Why is this a riddle??

I couldn't imagine the horror of having this game had been one of my only NES games growing up. This is a weird form of torture.

I had never heard of it until i was researching a game for the week.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
8 minutes ago, mideast said:

So getting further in the game trumps getting a low score right? For instance someone with Stage 16 and 8000 points beats someone with Stage 15 and 7000 points right? 

I have the Famicom version but @Tulpa’s comment scared me. Is it really that much harder? He’s a ghost in the original version huh?

That is the case, yes, the stage 16 would trump the stage 15.  Furthest progression first.  Lowest score will determine the placing for tied levels.

I honestly don't care about the ghost, it seems to be the same with the famicom version apparently being harder!!!!!  Just put a cherub in your post 😉.

1 hour ago, mideast said:

I have the Famicom version but @Tulpa’s comment scared me. Is it really that much harder? He’s a ghost in the original version huh?

Technically, Q-Taro from the FC version is an obake, a Japanese shape shifting spirit that's not quite a ghost, per se. I guess for some reason making him a cherub* was more appealing to a western audience.

As far as I can tell, the flight/power bar is shorter and reduces energy faster. I don't know if there are any other changes.

*Actually, he's a putto, as real cherubim are frickin' scaryass looking angels, but I guess Pudgy Putto doesn't have the same ring. 😛

Edited by Tulpa
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I don't get it tbh. The game is fun for a nes game, and not very difficult at all. 

It's kind of lame that you're playing as a "chubby cherub." You're supposed to be a ghost in the original Famicom game. Not sure why they changed it.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
20 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Roads are iced over here, so everyone gets a day off. Played a little chubby cherub. I can see why @Jeevanfelt the need to provide cash incentives to get people to play this game. 

It's not really that bad is it?  I enjoyed what i played, granted i had no stipulations.........

Dare I say to you all git gud!!!!  😛  

17 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I don't get it tbh. The game is fun for a nes game, and not very difficult at all. 

Maybe its more fun if you arent playing for low score? Pretty slow and boring thus far. I have a pretty wide strike zone for what I consider fun on NES. Ive really enjoyed a week plus of futile attempts at side pocket where most people in my position would want to set their nes on fire after losing so many times. These two carts are sitting next to each other and side pocket is still the more appealing of the two. 

As far as difficulty, you apparently have not found the level 3 dungeon refrenced in this thread. It is maddening.