IGNORED

nintendo peripheral(s) . . .

11 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

This is stuff I posted in a different thread but it fits here too

Just saw this thread. I love the arcade sticks and weird controllers, especially for N64. This is the stuff I got over the years.

h73aOeq.jpg

Three arcade sticks and I think they were the only ones for the system. The Arcade Shark OP showed, Mad Catz Flight Stick and Quickshot Flight Stick.

zxf3BxJ.jpg

Driving Wheels. The Ultra Racer, AScii Wheel, and V3 Wheel. I think there is one or two other variations of wheels I don't have for the N64 yet.

ydokH2Y.jpg

Some oddball controllers. The "Boomerang," The "Glove," and a couple of the fishing controllers. The left one has a busted rod that I always mean to try and fix but never get around to it

r3Nm2W4.jpg

A couple of interesting accessories. A Tilt Pak which is "motion controls for your N64" and what everyone should have in their collection, a flak jacket...err a Nuby Rumble vest. I actually have two of these but only one has the portion that plugs into the controller. It seems to be just a slightly modified Nuby rumble pack with a wire coming out of it. So it shoud be simple enough to mod one. Another of my many projects I hope to get too one day.

Thank you for sharing . Share at what ever you can . . . 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Jfreakofkorn said:

snes-macs.jpg.f30221ed8d7b8fa2d11dc06084984665.jpg

Also think it had a unique keyboard and a 13 inch monitor 

But heres a article been having a bit more detailed with the light gun ;

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/06/29/m-a-c-s-rifles-snes-laser-m16s/

A few members here have one. @jonebone had one at some point I know. I forget who else. 

• 2 years later...
On 2/6/2021 at 2:24 PM, Tanooki said:

I don't have it anymore as I sold it, but in Japan and Europe(UK english) there was the only Pokemon game the US never got.  Learn with Pokemon Typing Adventure for the DS.

The point, it came with 2 unique peripherals.  One was a stand in black, similar to the one the 3DS Kid Icarus received. The other is the worthy of mention, a full blown bluetooth keyboard.  Very well made, long battery life, comfortable to use, and happily syncs up with any device that'll see bluetooth.  I could connect that to an iPhone, Android device, and Windows PC.  Nintendo and Sony consoles saw it too.

The game really is like a typing of the dead style adventure learning to type using pokemon names and you'd adventure and capture data kind of like pokemon snap did.  It's really not worth it, but the keyboard definitely is if you can find one loose on its own.

didn't know it was a standard Bluetooth keyboard. Now I want one for the novelty of it...and for typing out ピカチュウ at high speed of course.

On 2/13/2021 at 6:03 PM, DarkTone said:

A true grail. 

20210214_010230.jpg

At one of my previous jobs I was speaking with a client and they mentioned Q Sound, I immediately stopped what I was doing and asked them about it. He gave me Dan Lowe's phone number and as soon as I got off work, I gave him a call.

I spoke with Dan for about 30 minutes and he's a super nice guy, loved to chat about the Q Sound. He said the difference between NES / NEC and Atari was that NES had a chip in the cartridge for audio and the Atari contained audio driver with instructions coming from the game and processing done in game.

Someone named Stolley hired Dan and he worked for Nolan Bushnell attempting to revive Atari but nothing really happened with it. Warner apparently failed to follow through with development.

They also produced a number of games for Nintendo and Sega, they were slow to get going and were mostly inhibited by the consumer .Their purpose was for spatial audio in gaming and they presented it around the world but couldn't get much traction though they did have a deal with Capcom to do their chipsets in their arcade cabinets. Yamaha developed the stereo playback for Sega, Capcom and Konami in the arcade back then. Bell / Aliant and AT&T were silica partners.

Dan left the company in 1993 and it closed down about 9 years ago. He often thinks about what it could have been.

Before we left the call I got his email address and asked him if I could contact him periodically in the future if I ever had more questions for him and he was happy to oblige. I haven't contacted him since (this was around 2019) but I would if there were more questions presented.

Side note, if anyone knows where this unit is right now, I would like to buy it.

8 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

At one of my previous jobs I was speaking with a client and they mentioned Q Sound, I immediately stopped what I was doing and asked them about it. He gave me Dan Lowe's phone number and as soon as I got off work, I gave him a call.

I spoke with Dan for about 30 minutes and he's a super nice guy, loved to chat about the Q Sound. He said the difference between NES / NEC and Atari was that NES had a chip in the cartridge for audio and the Atari contained audio driver with instructions coming from the game and processing done in game.

Someone named Stolley hired Dan and he worked for Nolan Bushnell attempting to revive Atari but nothing really happened with it. Warner apparently failed to follow through with development.

They also produced a number of games for Nintendo and Sega, they were slow to get going and were mostly inhibited by the consumer .Their purpose was for spatial audio in gaming and they presented it around the world but couldn't get much traction though they did have a deal with Capcom to do their chipsets in their arcade cabinets. Yamaha developed the stereo playback for Sega, Capcom and Konami in the arcade back then. Bell / Aliant and AT&T were silica partners.

Dan left the company in 1993 and it closed down about 9 years ago. He often thinks about what it could have been.

Before we left the call I got his email address and asked him if I could contact him periodically in the future if I ever had more questions for him and he was happy to oblige. I haven't contacted him since (this was around 2019) but I would if there were more questions presented.

Side note, if anyone knows where this unit is right now, I would like to buy it.

I got the photo from Steve lin's twitter. He might still have it.