IGNORED

nintendo peripheral(s) . . .

Events Team · Posted
42 minutes ago, nesmaster14 said:

This one is a novel "turbo" peripheral for NES.  It's all mechanical/gear driven. You insert a controller and roll the unit like a toy car which rotates the gears and quickly taps the buttons. 

power_clip_nesmaster14.jpeg.80df9d68ab2ecd3f6784f66ee4fb71b8.jpeg

Saw one of these in action at a vintage game shop a couple years ago.  Dude wouldn't sell it to me. 😠  Pretty rad though.

qz1jE0x.jpg

• Like 2

Seen those system lock(s) before . Just never had a second thought about them . Next one i run across , i snag it . 

As for the foto , bought this awhike ago for a dollar . Its round but thought it was cool having a longer reach on your controller(s) . . . 

Also , one of my girls thought it was interesting too ( lower right ) .

20210211_222534.jpg

• Like 2

am guessing it this ;

Qsound is the original name for a positional three-dimensional (3D) sound processing algorithm from QSound Labs that creates 3D audio effects from multiple monophonic sources and sums the outputs to two channels for presentation over regular stereo speakers. QSound was eventually re-dubbed "Q1" after the introduction of "Q2", a positional 3D algorithm for headphones. Later multi-speaker surround system support was added to the positional 3D process, the QSound positional 3D audio process became known simply as "Q3D". QSound was founded by Larry Ryckman (CEO), Danny Lowe and John Lees. Jimmy Iovine served as SVP of Music and Shelly Yakus as VP of Audio Engineering in its formative years.

Qsound.jpg

Technology

QSound is essentially a filtering algorithm. It manipulates timing, amplitude, and frequency response to produce a binaural image. Systems like QSound rely on the fact that a sound arriving from one side of the listener will reach one ear before the other and that when it reaches the furthest ear, it is lower in amplitude and spectrally altered due to obstruction by the head. However, the ideal algorithm was arrived at empirically, with parameters adjusted according to the outcomes of many listening tests.

3D positional processing like QSound, the multi-channel QSystem professional processor used in the production of pop music and film audio, is distinct from stereo expansion like QSound QXpander or SRS(R) Sound Retrieval System. Positional 3D audio processing is a producer-side technology. It is applied to individual instruments or sound effects, and is therefore only usable at the mixing phase of music and soundtrack production, or under realtime control of game audio mixing software. Stereo expansion (processing of recorded channels and background ambience) is primarily a playback process that can be arbitrarily applied to stereo content in the end-user environment using analog integrated circuits or digital signal processing (DSP) routines

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/QSound

Edited by Jfreakofkorn
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jfreakofkorn said:

Thats a first for me . . . 

There was a huge thread on [NAME REDACTED] about this, from the guy who owned it. Its a prototype. Think it was meant to play the effects through the controller (mario getting a coin). This photo was taken from the twitter page of the guy who I believe still owns it. 

5 hours ago, DarkTone said:

There was a huge thread on [NAME REDACTED] about this, from the guy who owned it. Its a prototype. Think it was meant to play the effects through the controller (mario getting a coin). This photo was taken from the twitter page of the guy who I believe still owns it. 

Why was the name redacted? We aren't allowed to know who owns it? I'm pretty sure this was already public info. Did they ask for the info to be removed. Curious.

Tim Atwood has cases of sealed Stadium Events.

This is stuff I posted in a different thread but it fits here too

Just saw this thread. I love the arcade sticks and weird controllers, especially for N64. This is the stuff I got over the years.

h73aOeq.jpg

Three arcade sticks and I think they were the only ones for the system. The Arcade Shark OP showed, Mad Catz Flight Stick and Quickshot Flight Stick.

zxf3BxJ.jpg

Driving Wheels. The Ultra Racer, AScii Wheel, and V3 Wheel. I think there is one or two other variations of wheels I don't have for the N64 yet.

ydokH2Y.jpg

Some oddball controllers. The "Boomerang," The "Glove," and a couple of the fishing controllers. The left one has a busted rod that I always mean to try and fix but never get around to it

r3Nm2W4.jpg

A couple of interesting accessories. A Tilt Pak which is "motion controls for your N64" and what everyone should have in their collection, a flak jacket...err a Nuby Rumble vest. I actually have two of these but only one has the portion that plugs into the controller. It seems to be just a slightly modified Nuby rumble pack with a wire coming out of it. So it shoud be simple enough to mod one. Another of my many projects I hope to get too one day.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Why was the name redacted? We aren't allowed to know who owns it? I'm pretty sure this was already public info. Did they ask for the info to be removed. Curious.

Tim Atwood has cases of sealed Stadium Events.

Name redacted is what I call nintendoage. The current owner (AFAIK), is the picture I took it from, on twitter, stephenplin. 

• Haha 1