IGNORED

nintendo peripheral(s) . . .

I have a GameBoy Sonar I picked up at Super Potato when we were in Japan to interview Keiichi Suzuki.

6 hours ago, DarkTone said:

Unofficial, like the racermate II. Still can't believe I got this. Uses a real golf ball and club to play. 

I'm now fascinated by this golf accessory. I need to know more. And those pictures are terrible, lol!

6 hours ago, Ferris Bueller said:

I have a GameBoy Sonar I picked up at Super Potato when we were in Japan to interview Keiichi Suzuki.

I'm now fascinated by this golf accessory. I need to know more. And those pictures are terrible, lol!

Haha. Those pics were from 2013, on [NAME REDACTED]. 

Made for the Nes Jack Nicklaus game, I haven't got any other golf Nes games to test it on. You still need a controller to set up everything else. Like the sewing machine, Exercise bike and fishing peripheral, the company that made this made inside golf training sets. Still trying to find more info on this thing. 

• Like 1

I don't have it anymore as I sold it, but in Japan and Europe(UK english) there was the only Pokemon game the US never got.  Learn with Pokemon Typing Adventure for the DS.

The point, it came with 2 unique peripherals.  One was a stand in black, similar to the one the 3DS Kid Icarus received. The other is the worthy of mention, a full blown bluetooth keyboard.  Very well made, long battery life, comfortable to use, and happily syncs up with any device that'll see bluetooth.  I could connect that to an iPhone, Android device, and Windows PC.  Nintendo and Sony consoles saw it too.

The game really is like a typing of the dead style adventure learning to type using pokemon names and you'd adventure and capture data kind of like pokemon snap did.  It's really not worth it, but the keyboard definitely is if you can find one loose on its own.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Why do I feel like Bunny has this?

That would be awesome is he on here or just NA? You mean the actual machine or the ad? Howard Phillips and Frank Cifaldi both have copies of the ad. And Howard says he demonstrated it for potential retailers so a prototype exists.

23 minutes ago, mideast said:

That would be awesome is he on here or just NA? You mean the actual machine or the ad? Howard Phillips and Frank Cifaldi both have copies of the ad. And Howard says he demonstrated it for potential retailers so a prototype exists.

Pretty sure it was set up at PRGE like 3 years ago. Let me see what I can find. Maybe I'm crazy.

Shit, only took three search terms, number one post, PRGE 2016: 

@Gloves Still no way to show attached media for Twitter?

Edited by Ferris Bueller
Calling the admin
  • Like 2

Administrator · Posted
19 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Pretty sure it was set up at PRGE like 3 years ago. Let me see what I can find. Maybe I'm crazy.

Shit, only took three search terms, number one post, PRGE 2016: 

@Gloves Still no way to show attached media for Twitter?

I'm not sure I understand the question - you mean like, to play the Youtube video within that little frame? 

Everyone stand back while I derail this thread real quick!

So I made a post, a link to RetroUSB's twitter account, like so:

Now I posted the website address, VGS kicks out this little box with a copy of the tweet. You've hyperlinked back to some of the stuff they have linked, like the Twitter handle for PRGE, and the date, which takes me back to the Twitter thread. But, there is a picture of the Nintendo knitting machine that is also there, but only displayed as the tiny url link.  

What I'm suggesting is that it would be super awesome if it just included that picture and not this text box with a link so we can all see what's being talked about. 

Do YouTube links show text that we follow to the video? Does Instagram show a link that we follow to the picture?

Edited by Ferris Bueller

Administrator · Posted
56 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Everyone stand back while I derail this thread real quick!

So I made a post, a link to RetroUSB's twitter account, like so:

Now I posted the website address, VGS kicks out this little box with a copy of the tweet. You've hyperlinked back to some of the stuff they have linked, like the Twitter handle for PRGE, and the date, which takes me back to the Twitter thread. But, there is a picture of the Nintendo knitting machine that is also there, but only displayed as the tiny url link.  

What I'm suggesting is that it would be super awesome if it just included that picture and not this text box with a link so we can all see what's being talked about. 

Do YouTube links show text that we follow to the video? Does Instagram show a link that we follow to the picture?

If you link to a Tweet it's gonna show that Tweet. Youtube, same, Insta - same:

Are you saying you want to be able to drop in a link to a Tweet and just get this?

Screenshot 2021-02-08 180118.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gloves said:

Are you saying you want to be able to drop in a link to a Tweet and just get this?

Screenshot 2021-02-08 180118.png

This is a little more than what I would like, but at least now you can see the attachment. In this case it's a video, but let's follow that thread...

In the following tweet, RetroUSB has added a picture of a knitted, let's say, sock, with a Mario star on it. I would be thrilled if that sock showed up here, even if it's like a thumbnail preview image.

Right now, if I click on the link to the picture in VGS, everything goes away on my end. And then I get a little arrow that says "Expand" and when I click that, the whole thing just disappears. So now I don't have the links to click, even if I wanted to. I don't think that's because I have my like ad blockers and stuff on, feels more like something weird is happening on the backend of VGS.

#GiveustheSock

Edited by Ferris Bueller
  • Like 2

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, Ferris Bueller said:

This is a little more than what I would like, but at least now you can see the attachment. In this case it's a video, but let's follow that thread...

In the following tweet, RetroUSB has added a picture of a knitted, let's say, sock, with a Mario star on it. I would be thrilled if that sock showed up here, even if it's like a thumbnail preview image.

Right now, if I click on the link to the picture in VGS, everything goes away on my end. And then I get a little arrow that says "Expand" and when I click that, the whole thing just disappears. So now I don't have the links to click, even if I wanted to. I don't think that's because I have my like ad blockers and stuff on, feels more like something weird is happening on the backend of VGS.

#GiveustheSock

Trying to understand still; I'm a visual guy and find it easiest to talk through things, so...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ferris Bueller said:

I don't think that's because I have my like ad blockers and stuff on, feels more like something weird is happening on the backend of VGS. #GiveustheSock

Lol, WRONG! @Gloves It's the Ghostery extension for Safari. Here is what I was seeing on my end this whole time. Glad you made a fucking video, sheesh. I would've just kept bitching.

It's odd this only happens with Twitter. Like I said, YouTube and Vimeo vids show up fine.

Dumb Tech Stuff.png

Edited by Ferris Bueller

Testing Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKcyOeylEY4/

And Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/MotherToEarth

Yep, kills those "embeds", too. At least I can click them and follow through. Ghostery is killing the image links in twitter completely. Weird. 

Alright, back to peripherals!

Edited by Ferris Bueller

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Lol, WRONG! @Gloves It's the Ghostery extension for Safari. Here is what I was seeing on my end this whole time. Glad you made a fucking video, sheesh. I would've just kept bitching.

It's odd this only happens with Twitter. Like I said, YouTube and Vimeo vids show up fine.

Dumb Tech Stuff.png

Lol I'm just glad we got it sorted man. 🙂

• Haha 1