IGNORED

Sequel Showdown #6 - Resident Evil

AstralSoul

Sequel Showdown #6 - Resident Evil  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite Resident Evil game?

• Resident Evil
    • Resident Evil 2
    • Resident Evil 3
    • Resident Evil Code Veronica
    • Resident Evil (2002 remake)
    • Resident Evil Zero
    • Resident Evil 4
    • Resident Evil 5
    • Resident Evil 6
    • Resident Evil 7
    • Resident Evil Revelations
    • Resident Evil Revelations 2
    • Resident Evil 2 (2019 remake)
    • Resident Evil 3 (2020 remake)
    • Other (Garden, Survivor, Outbreak, etc)

What's your favorite Resident Evil game?

For the sake of condensing poll answers I am keeping the biggest and main titles in the polls, in this one and going forward but Iwill include an "Other" option in case people really do have an unpopular favorite. But in the cases like Resident Evil 1, RE Directors Cut, and RE Deadly Silence...they're all the same game essentially so any of those vote for the original. The remake was different enough that it warranted its own poll entry. 

Editorials Team · Posted

Hmm.  Something along the lines of...

4 > 2 > Remake > 5 > Revelations 2 > Code Veronica > 1 > Revelations

Never played 3, 6 or 7, the new remakes, or the misc. spinoff games.

In the middle of Zero as we speak, which won't crack those top 3. 

People hate on 5, but I highly enjoyed it, especially co-op.

• Like 2

I thought REmake on the Gamecube was fantastic and fixed most of the problems in the original game. I also loved the added tension from the Crimson Head zombies. I haven't played 7 or RE2 Remake yet, but hope to get to them later this year.

Honorable mention goes to Code Veronica which I rented numerous times for Dreamcast.

• Like 1

I'm definitely not a series enthusiast but I have played a couple. Let's see, I've played:

2002 Remake
RE4
30 minutes of RE5
30 minutes of RE2 Remake

Of those limited experiences, RE4 is my preferred, although the RE2 Remake was starting to look promising. I'll have to finish it someday. I also have RE7 in my queue but just haven't fit it in yet.

I'm actually surprised 2 is in the lead, but that's cool. I figured it'd be 50/50 of 1 (either version) and 4.

To get slightly off topic, I don't think anyone will vote for either of the Revelations games as their FAVORITE, but I must say that they're both excellent games and should be played by anyone who's a fan of 1-3 and Code Veronica.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

You like the RE2 better but the original is your favorite?

Yeah because it was first, obviously.  The remake wouldn't exist without the other.  Kinda strange logic I know but as much as I love and actual prefer the remake, I dont think I could pick it.  I should also add a note I need the original OST and that music is not the default in the remake.  You need to buy it separately.  

On 1/30/2021 at 2:52 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

Hmm.  Something along the lines of...

4 > 2 > Remake > 5 > Revelations 2 > Code Veronica > 1 > Revelations

Never played 3, 6 or 7, the new remakes, or the misc. spinoff games.

In the middle of Zero as we speak, which won't crack those top 3. 

People hate on 5, but I highly enjoyed it, especially co-op.

Whoa you like 5 and don’t like 1? Let’s hang out and fight the power.

4 is my favorite. I didn’t play 2 at the time, and 4 felt like game changer survival horror game at the time I played it. 2 is still fantastic, it’s the runner up. After those it’s RE5. It’s “too” shootery but came out at a time where solid co-op third person shooters were all the rage and it was a blast.

On 1/30/2021 at 2:40 PM, Hammerfestus said:

Resident Evil.  RE2 is a better game but the original has way more iconic moments.  It was also the start of a whole genre so as the player I think you really didn’t know what to expect which I think added to the frightening atmosphere.  

You were almost a Jill sandwich!

I was thinking the same thing. RE2 is probably the best overall game, but nothing beats the atmosphere of the first one.

• Like 2

I'd third that.  As much as I never could get comfortable or super far in the old games, though RE2 I recall making it into sewers and big ass spiders, I liked it most for play, but the story/atmosphere of the original was amazing.  I don't know why it hit me, but the tank control confused me, the stuck camera that shifted things for control when it re-angled just infuriated me, and the gross lack of ammo/herbs with that kind of undead horde was just like the kiss of death right with the lame ribbons to save.

I guess 4.  Though, I have not beaten any of them.  My first RE was the Director's Cut of RE1 when I got a PSOne as a college graduation gift.  I could never get through the game.  All of the back tracking and, what seemed like, downtime between encounters to me was super boring.  I tried playing it again when the remaster came out on XBox One...I got pretty far...probably the farthest I ever got, but just stopped due to life and then erased it off of the XBox's hard drive.  One day...

Anyway, the most fun I have had is probably with 4.  I like the atmosphere in it.

However, to this day, I still have never played RE2 and just got the remake for Xmas for PS4.  I haven't installed it yet, but it is on the docket to play this year...sometime. 🙂

• 2 months later...