IGNORED

Oh the Humanity Thread (stupid things people do)

39 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Why are you sure it's "obviously" staged? 

Someone spent a lot of time getting the camera setup in just the right way to get her face and his body perfectly visible in the shot.  The acting is pretty well done to appear genuine, but it's 100% staged.  I honesty don't care if it's staged so long as it's funny.  

18 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

Someone spent a lot of time getting the camera setup in just the right way to get her face and his body perfectly visible in the shot.  The acting is pretty well done to appear genuine, but it's 100% staged.  I honesty don't care if it's staged so long as it's funny.  

I assume you don't know for a fact that this is stage? You may be right, but it looks real to me. Either she's a good actor or her expressions and various emotions are quite genuine. 

Some of this is obviously staged, but still funny!

The whole bit around 30 seconds is just dumb. Where the hell is social distancing, what are those idiots trying to do? 

I still think the guy with no pants is not staged 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, avatar! said:

Florida! keeping us entertained even in the darkest of times...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bizarre-paint-battle-between-4-210000797.html

Screenshot from 2020-05-21 23-19-18.png

Is that what you call a whiteout?

I read another article about this  - when the police arrived there were no arrests made since the men were coworkers and didn't want to file any charges.

Edited by Tabonga

10 minutes ago, Estil said:

Anyone born in this century: What's "whiteout"? 😄 

A whiteout is a condition that will sometimes occur in a blizzard where you cannot see more than a few (and very few) feet in front of you.  Take it from me that they are no fun to drive in (it is pretty amazing how not being able to see the road will hinder you).  A lot of times when you have multiple car collisions on freeways it is due to whiteout conditions.  By the time you can see a pile-up you have become  part of that pile-up.

1 minute ago, Tabonga said:

A whiteout is a condition that will sometimes occur in a blizzard where you cannot see more than a few (and very few) feet in front of you.  Take it from me that they are no fun to drive in (it is pretty amazing how not being able to see the road will hinder you).  A lot of times when you have multiple car collisions on freeways it is due to whiteout conditions.  By the time you can see a pile-up you have become  part of that pile-up.

True, but it's also white correction fluid that was used back in the day when people wrote by hand and not everything was easily manipulated via computers 🙂

As Estil noted, probably many people have no clue that this stuff even exists, it does! 

Screenshot from 2020-05-22 09-28-05.png

There is a difference in the spelling though....^___^

Before wite out you had these stupid little slips with a chalk like powder that you would slip in the typewriter and restrike the key to cover an error up.  Exact alignment was a bitch kitty and flying capitals were pretty much impossible to deal with.   The IBM selectrics with the correction tape built in were great except no one could afford them when they came out.

The inventor of Liquid Paper(which preceded wite out) was Betty Nesmith Graham.  She tried to sell it to IBM but they passed on it so she started her own company which she eventually sold to Gillette for $79.5 million in 1979.  She was the mother of Michael Nesmith of Monkee's fame.

5 minutes ago, avatar! said:

https://nypost.com/2020/05/20/volkswagen-apologizes-pulls-golf-ad-over-racism-outcry/

Here's the blueprint for making a commercial that's inappropriate, insulting, and (very arguably) racist all at once!

Rather ironic considering Volkswagen was a Nazi project to begin with 😕

Screenshot from 2020-05-22 09-36-24.png

national-lampoon-encyclopedia-humor_1_2f29ad266aa9c0a5ce88f17130ec7edf.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

6 minutes ago, avatar! said:

https://nypost.com/2020/05/20/volkswagen-apologizes-pulls-golf-ad-over-racism-outcry/

Here's the blueprint for making a commercial that's inappropriate, insulting, and (very arguably) racist all at once!

Rather ironic considering Volkswagen was a Nazi project to begin with 😕

Screenshot from 2020-05-22 09-36-24.png

My brother has a great theory about Adolf Hitler being the progenitor of the Women's Liberation Movement.  (This theory involves the VW.)

48 minutes ago, avatar! said:

True, but it's also white correction fluid that was used back in the day when people wrote by hand and not everything was easily manipulated via computers 🙂

As Estil noted, probably many people have no clue that this stuff even exists, it does! 

Screenshot from 2020-05-22 09-28-05.png

Believe it or not, White Out is actually still alive and kicking:

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2019/03/who-still-buys-wite-out-and-why/567311/

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-52820119

The man, who lives just 4km (2.5 miles) from the border, said he flew his pigeons to celebrate Eid festival. Police said the pigeon had a ring on one of its legs, inscribed with a code that they were trying to decipher. The Pakistani villager, who claims the arrested pigeon is his, says the code is actually his mobile phone number.

Hopefully the pigeon can afford a good lawyer 😛

Screenshot from 2020-05-28 06-27-04.png

While the pigeon story is a bit ridiculous, I kind of get it. Pakistan and India have not exactly been on the best of terms since they became independent. I mean, these countries bicker over a worthless glacier, to the point that they both have stationed armed soldiers around it.

Assuming it is his cellphone number, they should return his pigeon.