IGNORED

Oh the Humanity Thread (stupid things people do)

3 hours ago, Tabonga said:

“There used to be right and wrong in this country. We’re dealing with people who don’t understand that crime pays. We’re in trouble.”

Left-wing US Rep Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), whose district includes part of the Bronx and Queens, has downplayed both the shoplifting crisis in Manhattan as well as organized smash-and-grab retail theft groups in California’s Bay Area.  “Maybe this has to do with the fact that people aren’t paying their rent and are scared to pay their rent and so they go out and they need to feed their child and they don’t have money so … they feel like they either need to shoplift some bread or go hungry,” she said last year.

Maybe... they're really aliens from Alpha Centauri, and are not sure how to use human currency, and are doing this so that they can learn how to transcend us beyond physical limits. Sounds crazy? Not more crazy than AOC.

13 minutes ago, avatar! said:

“There used to be right and wrong in this country. We’re dealing with people who don’t understand that crime pays. We’re in trouble.”

Left-wing US Rep Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), whose district includes part of the Bronx and Queens, has downplayed both the shoplifting crisis in Manhattan as well as organized smash-and-grab retail theft groups in California’s Bay Area.  “Maybe this has to do with the fact that people aren’t paying their rent and are scared to pay their rent and so they go out and they need to feed their child and they don’t have money so … they feel like they either need to shoplift some bread or go hungry,” she said last year.

Maybe... they're really aliens from Alpha Centauri, and are not sure how to use human currency, and are doing this so that they can learn how to transcend us beyond physical limits. Sounds crazy? Not more crazy than AOC.

Cloud Cuckoo Land is a place like no other.

Why doesn't AOC open up a soup kitchen?

5 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

Cloud Cuckoo Land is a place like no other.

Why doesn't AOC open up a soup kitchen?

In some cases, stolen merch is flipped within minutes to nearby businesses. A young man came into a restaurant across the street from Rite Aid Thursday night with four green Palmolive detergent bottles hidden down his pants, which he took out and appeared to sell to the establishment. Another homeless man came into the same restaurant with a bagful of beverages, including Red Bull, that he offloaded to the staff, The Post observed.

Maybe AOC believes that detergent, mascara, alcohol, and similar products are exactly what parents want to feed their "hungry child"

Twitch Omg GIF by GIPHY News

I know you guys are having fun kicking one of the biggest targets on the "other side" from your guys' politics, but take a deeper look at what she's saying.  Yeah, I agree that it's not cool to just look the other way and let people loot and pillage, but instead of just throwing up hands about how they're not all being cuffed and then shot into the fucking sun, maybe take a look at why those folks are starting to do that shit.

If this keeps up, and even escalates, I really see it as the first steps of the necessary crumbling of our society in order to facilitate a much needed reset and balancing of the financial playing field across the country.  If your pockets and bellies are full it's easy to point at and make fun of people who don't have those things, call them lazy, etc.  But a lot of those people are probably just desperate, and literally have no other choice.  "Oh, but there are always choices," I anticipate coming in response to that statement, and yeah, there always are.  Sometimes there are easier ones, like folks having access to a food bank, or charity giving out clothes and shoes for people and their kids who just can't afford it, but sometimes there aren't.  Like the folks who have the choice between paying for a roof over their head, or paying for just one more month of an unnecessarily incredibly expensive drug that that person, or worse, their loved one, needs in order to just keep living.  I actually personally know quite a damned bit about that last one, with my full platinum level insurance paying for less than half a year's worth of the medication that keeps my wife's damaged heart functioning, after which I would have to pay $1100-1200 per month out of pocket...for the remaining 9 months of the year.  Fortunately we were able to get samples from her doctor to get her taken care of immediately, then get her on a program directly with the manufacturer where they literally just gave it to her, but that's not always available to people, and desperate people do desperate things.

It's easy to pass judgement, but something else entirely to try to understand why something is happening, and something else again beyond that to try to make a change in the world so as to prevent such hard choices from having to be made.  Sure, there are going to be lazy, shitty, greedy, opportunistic people among those crowds, but also people who feel or literally do have no other choice than to do what they're doing, and my heart breaks for those people, even if I don't agree with the choice that they've made.

AOC's politics and approach to things might tend to be like trying to pound a needle into a board with a 20# sledge hammer, but at the very least her heart's in the right place.  How about offering up some ideas for policies that you agree with that would help correct the actual injustices and inequalities she's trying to defend and prevent?

• Like 3

AOC has the clout to start (i.e. organize) soup kitchens by recruiting her fellow travellers to fund it.  Even Al Capone managed to  run soup kitchens.  (They were actually very popular (and successful in that they actually fed the poor.))  Or any number of charitable endeavors - god knows there are many long running successful private models out there.  That might actually have a real benefit - probably not what we want though is it?

Stop putting words in my mouth - I never proposed capitol punishment for minor crimes (I actually generally am not in favor of capitol punishment except in rare cases).  But to not to try to stop this activity is just the first step of a long walk off a short pier to anarachy (but perhaps that is what some people want).

Exactly what segment of society do you think these activities hurts the most?   (And sure it is "ok" if the big bad capitalist takes it in the shorts* on shoplifiting - but that disregard for anything resembling order spreads to other crimes -which are generally perpetrated against those in geographical proximity to the perpetrators. Who are also likely in dire straits.)

(You also seem to "know" a lot about my life history - whatever you "know" seems to drastically wrong though.)

-----------------------------------------

So some clown mugs you (or yours)  for your wallet and causes you long lasting brain damage are you going to be so phlegmatic about it that it is ok since they likely needed the money/credit cards  more than you?  

*Until what is likely a marginal operation to begin with shuts the doors and no longer serves the community (and likely many of the workers live in that community - so we have the added bonus of putting them in desperate straits too). One hell of an effective plan.  Does the term "food wasteland" ring any bells?

Edited by Tabonga
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

I know you guys are having fun kicking one of the biggest targets on the "other side" from your guys' politics, but take a deeper look at what she's saying.  Yeah, I agree that it's not cool to just look the other way and let people loot and pillage, but instead of just throwing up hands about how they're not all being cuffed and then shot into the fucking sun, maybe take a look at why those folks are starting to do that shit.

If this keeps up, and even escalates, I really see it as the first steps of the necessary crumbling of our society in order to facilitate a much needed reset and balancing of the financial playing field across the country.  If your pockets and bellies are full it's easy to point at and make fun of people who don't have those things, call them lazy, etc.  But a lot of those people are probably just desperate, and literally have no other choice.  "Oh, but there are always choices," I anticipate coming in response to that statement, and yeah, there always are.  Sometimes there are easier ones, like folks having access to a food bank, or charity giving out clothes and shoes for people and their kids who just can't afford it, but sometimes there aren't.  Like the folks who have the choice between paying for a roof over their head, or paying for just one more month of an unnecessarily incredibly expensive drug that that person, or worse, their loved one, needs in order to just keep living.  I actually personally know quite a damned bit about that last one, with my full platinum level insurance paying for less than half a year's worth of the medication that keeps my wife's damaged heart functioning, after which I would have to pay $1100-1200 per month out of pocket...for the remaining 9 months of the year.  Fortunately we were able to get samples from her doctor to get her taken care of immediately, then get her on a program directly with the manufacturer where they literally just gave it to her, but that's not always available to people, and desperate people do desperate things.

It's easy to pass judgement, but something else entirely to try to understand why something is happening, and something else again beyond that to try to make a change in the world so as to prevent such hard choices from having to be made.  Sure, there are going to be lazy, shitty, greedy, opportunistic people among those crowds, but also people who feel or literally do have no other choice than to do what they're doing, and my heart breaks for those people, even if I don't agree with the choice that they've made.

AOC's politics and approach to things might tend to be like trying to pound a needle into a board with a 20# sledge hammer, but at the very least her heart's in the right place.  How about offering up some ideas for policies that you agree with that would help correct the actual injustices and inequalities she's trying to defend and prevent?

I agree with you, when the wealth inequality is as it currently stands, things have to change. If they won't, I do agree eventually there might be so much violence it will make today look like Mister Roger's Neighborhood. I also agree with you that we need to make sure people in this country can afford necessities like food, water, housing. That said, there are ways to do it, and just letting people steal is NOT the way to do it. That exacerbates numerous problems including shootings - which can easily happen and other forms of violence - when people think they can get away with one thing, they feel they can get away with other things potentially including violent crime. Now, I'm not saying all people who steal from your local pharmacy are out looking to destroy the world. If one guy grabs a beer and walks out (as was shown in the video) that guy is not exactly going to turn around and sell it for profits. Nor is he going to feed "hungry kids" as a certain AOC might imply. Nor should he go to jail IMO - although that doesn't mean he should be allowed to steal. More urgently, thefts where people steals hundreds to thousands of dollars worth of goods are hurting numerous communities, typically, the most impoverished ones which supposedly AOC is out to help. Again, I agree we absolutely must address wealth inequality, taxes, etc. and we need to do it sooner rather than later. However, that isn't directly related to many of these brazen thefts. Smash-and-grab as well as other crimes are believed to be in large part due to bail reform which among other things has led to releasing murderers - and before you say "oh, so you think everyone should be locked up for the smallest offense!" - I will add that NO ONE is saying that. What people are saying is that the evidence is clear - letting numerous criminals, especially ones with violent offenses, on the streets because of so-called "bail reform", leads to violence across the community. A retail such as Rite-Aid, Walgreens, etc. will obviously close stores when it no longer is profitable to stay open. In fact, employees are scared that nothing is being done to protect them! Furthermore, employees have even said they are afraid to interfere not only because thieves might have weapons, but because they can be sued if the perpetrator is "hurt"! If you've ever volunteered in a meal center you know that no one in this country has to go hungry - there are resources to help. Cost of living and health insurance are issues that need serious addressing, I fully agree. Nevertheless, to assume that these thefts are because someone is "hungry" is asinine. Letting people rob and steal without consequences will never help.

On 1/23/2022 at 5:21 PM, avatar! said:

Nice going gradma!

Officers of the Nassau County Police Department arrested Joshua Estrella Gomez, 28, and charged him with attempted grand larceny in the third degree. He was released on an appearance ticket and is due to appear in court on February 3. 

Ah, well, it is NYC. Home of the revolving prison door... won't see this guy again because he's never going to show up for that court date.

@avatar!

Just by accident I stumbled upon this video.  Look at those mean streets of NYC!

• Haha 1

Social Team · Posted
On 1/27/2022 at 10:32 AM, Tabonga said:

$200,000 stolen in 2 months?  You know where I'm from the local  stores that have issues with petty crime hire and off duty cop to man the exit doors.  That typically stops the blatant thefts.  This isn't a two choice option of keep the store open and lose hundreds of thousands of dollars or close it down.  And a solution isn't having a private security guard physically detaining/fighting a thief.  

I mean the real solution is for people not needing to steal because they are forced to do it.  The being forced to do it could be from a multiple of reason from being paid too little in a high cost of living area, medical/tuition bills/debt, drug addiction, etc...  But don't think Rite Aid was forced by the "woke-ness" to close shop.  They chose this option for some reason.  I honestly don't know why but I assure you they had other options they could of done.

19 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

$200,000 stolen in 2 months?  You know where I'm from the local  stores that have issues with petty crime hire and off duty cop to man the exit doors.  That typically stops the blatant thefts.  This isn't a two choice option of keep the store open and lose hundreds of thousands of dollars or close it down.  And a solution isn't having a private security guard physically detaining/fighting a thief.  

I mean the real solution is for people not needing to steal because they are forced to do it.  The being forced to do it could be from a multiple of reason from being paid too little in a high cost of living area, medical/tuition bills/debt, drug addiction, etc...  But don't think Rite Aid was forced by the "woke-ness" to close shop.  They chose this option for some reason.  I honestly don't know why but I assure you they had other options they could of done.

Greedy lawyers and litigation really exacerbated this problem.  I remember working in a store in the mid 2000s and someone stole some expensive music software.  Put it under their shirt or something, and one of the sales people had them in an armlock or something and the manager said to let em go because it isn't 'stealing' until they've left the store, and are afraid of getting sued.  I ended up catching a thief at the same store stealing guitars and reselling them an a pawn shop I worked at (the incredible coincidence!).  Just to get proof of them stealing was a nightmare.  Even with video, scanned id (we take their info and scan their drivers license to buy used stuff and hold it for a month), me picking them out of a line up and having the serial numbers of the guitars they needed all that proof to arrest and pull the trigger.  I would suspect in most of these cases it isn't worth it.  

In the pawn shop I worked at, we would get new tools from Home Depot (mostly from drug addicts) because Home Depot had a hands off policy.  We knew it was stolen but couldn't 100% prove it.  How could the stores even prove what we had was theirs?  Same with new, sealed cell phones.  It was a mess.

Social Team · Posted
27 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

Greedy lawyers and litigation really exacerbated this problem.  I remember working in a store in the mid 2000s and someone stole some expensive music software.  Put it under their shirt or something, and one of the sales people had them in an armlock or something and the manager said to let em go because it isn't 'stealing' until they've left the store, and are afraid of getting sued.  I ended up catching a thief at the same store stealing guitars and reselling them an a pawn shop I worked at (the incredible coincidence!).  Just to get proof of them stealing was a nightmare.  Even with video, scanned id (we take their info and scan their drivers license to buy used stuff and hold it for a month), me picking them out of a line up and having the serial numbers of the guitars they needed all that proof to arrest and pull the trigger.  I would suspect in most of these cases it isn't worth it.  

In the pawn shop I worked at, we would get new tools from Home Depot (mostly from drug addicts) because Home Depot had a hands off policy.  We knew it was stolen but couldn't 100% prove it.  How could the stores even prove what we had was theirs?  Same with new, sealed cell phones.  It was a mess.

Stores mark up the product to offset the losses.  But the my point is still true.  If the same damn person steals all the time just get an off duty cop there and arrest them.  Maybe not for stealing but for trespassing it would be simple.  "Hey you, you are not allow in the store no more.  If you come back we'll arrest you."

Social Team · Posted
1 hour ago, avatar! said:

As New Yorkers were paying tribute to slain NYPD Officer 27-year old Wilbert Mora, this is what actress activist POS Susan Sarandon had to say

Clearly she doesn't realize that many times there are cops from other police departments who volunteer to work the shift for the "local" cop to attend the funeral of their fallen comrade.  Same thing happens with fire departments.

• Like 1

I have a great idea, let's fix that image!

Remove the sad moment, put her (or any other rabble rousing blowhard of their ilk) in the center.  Then re-write the quote to really bring thought to it.

So if all these actors and actresses weren't needed for society that day, does that mean they aren't needed ANY day?

I'd say not.  Piece of crap celebrities need to shut their fucking mouths, whatever spectrum of the scope they're on.  They manipulate thousands if not maybe millions of dumbass sheep to their inane interests through star struck manipulation that tend to clash with actual reality and fuck it up for most of everyone else.  Stay within your own wheelhouse and stifle it.

• Agree 1

On 2/5/2022 at 6:10 PM, Tabonga said:

But what if had been miracle whip instead?

https://news.yahoo.com/man-gets-life-fatally-running-225820324.html

Wow...

And then, still apparently fuming over their mayo fight, Erlbacher mowed Solberg down with his pickup truck. After running him down once, he left — and the first strike was not fatal. But Erlbacher then decided to turn back to run over his pal again two more times. Erlbacher then called Pryor, Solberg’s brother, to inform him that he'd killed his sibling. "'It was just another bar fight in Harrison County,' until it wasn’t any longer," Pryor said during the trial, according to the Register.

Erlbacher had claimed that he did not intentionally kill Solberg and his lawyers attempted, unsuccessfully, to reduce the charge to second degree murder. He also tried to blame alcohol for his actions that night.

I wonder how that went - "Your honor, I was just trying to help him into my car when he fell under the tires. Then, he fell under the tires again... and again! Also, Mr. Beer was driving the truck your honor, I'm just a fist-fighting Harrison County type o' guy..."

Youre Dumb Kaitlin Olson GIF by The Mick

3 hours ago, Tabonga said:

These pieces of pure shite deserve to spend their lives in jail. I see no way to rehabilitate anyone that would try to murder a person because their hamburger did not arrive fast enough. I hope they literally rot away.