IGNORED

Oh the Humanity Thread (stupid things people do)

This POS needs to be put down! Seriously, he can not be redeemed, he will never be anything but a danger to society...

Riverside man who abused puppy in social media videos gets 2 years in prison

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-11-01/riverside-man-who-abused-puppy-on-social-media-videos-gets-2-years-in-prison

[Angel] Ramos-Corrales called himself a “cold blooded killer” and said he couldn’t stop himself from hurting the dog, the documents said. [the puppy] Canelo suffered major injuries, including severe, blunt force head trauma, in addition to having his throat slit, the documents said. He was still breathing when he was examined by a veterinarian, who determined Canelo was about 10 weeks old. Because of the extent of Canelo’s injuries, he had to be euthanized, court documents said. Relatives told investigators Ramos-Corrales didn’t have a history of animal abuse, court documents said. His younger sister said Ramos-Corrales was sort of a “poser” and she believed he might have been trying to impress their oldest brother, who was in prison at the time.

Edited by avatar!

On 10/31/2021 at 6:10 PM, Estil said:

If a fud pucker could puck fud, how much fud could a fud pucker puck if a fud pucker could puck fud? 😄 

In Taiwan the locals hire Vietnamese men to illegally do logging in the mountain areas. About six months ago, one was shot dead by an Aboriginal, who thought he was shooting at a bear...oops 😄

edit: Just to clarify, I don't think it's good when anyone dies. I just think the situation as a whole is stupid, on both sides.

Edited by fcgamer
  • Sad 1

I got on the bus tonight, usually the bus stops, unloads people, loads people, then continues onward.

This time the driver refused to continue driving as someone brought a kiddie bike on board...the same set of parents who let their kid play with the the bike's horn while we were waiting for the bus to arrive.

Only after ten minutes did they take the hint and get off the bus do that it would continue onward, honestly I want to be compensated for both time wasted and having to put up with ear pollution.

Social Team · Posted
On 10/25/2021 at 12:12 PM, avatar! said:

Man selling his gaming console shoots two teens trying to steal it, Chicago police say

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-selling-gaming-console-shoots-141419150.html

The 29-year-old selling the console, which WFLD reported was an Xbox, met a 19 and 15-year-old around 1 a.m. Sunday in northwest Chicago. One of the teenagers grabbed the console from the man and attempted to run off to a parked car without paying, the Chicago Sun Times reported. The other teenager was in the vehicle with a gun, the newspaper reported. But the would-be seller also had a gun, and he used it against the teenagers. The 15-year-old was shot in the head and the 19-year-old was struck in the shoulder, WBBM reported. The youngest of the teenagers was listed in critical condition and the older teen was in fair condition, according to WFLD.

Dang 😐
I think the lesson here is not to sell a console at 1 in the morning...

WTF?!?!  You can kill a fucking teen for stealing a console???  What if they were stealing console game, would that be legal to kill a teen?  How about if they stole a piece of candy?  This if fucking sickening.  You want to shot at someone robbing with a deadly weapon then sure, go ahead.  But this is nuts to shot a teen who wasn't an immediate threat to the guy's life.  

I'm not sure if dude should serve time but he should lose the right to own guns as far as I'm concerned.  You can't just shot at teens who aren't a threat to your life.  And if you think theft of a console has enough value to kill a teen over then you have fucked up morals.  Theft of personal property shouldn't be a free ride to kill if you can aim good enough.  

I have serious personal issues with guns being used when life or severe personal harm (like rape) isn't at risk.  IF that is the case then yes, that is a good use of a firearm for protecting you or someone else.  If not then fucking let the law deal with the crime.  Anymore lots of shootings seem to be way stretching of the intent of firearms used for protecting yourself.  I'm not for citizens killing people over petty crimes done against them.  Soon you'll just be able to say "I thought they had a gun" when they stole my $10 Chipotle Gift Card so that's why I killed the 13 year old.

Edited by FireHazard51
  • Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

WTF?!?!  You can kill a fucking teen for stealing a console???  What if they were stealing console game, would that be legal to kill a teen?  How about if they stole a piece of candy?  This if fucking sickening.  You want to shot at someone robbing with a deadly weapon then sure, go ahead.  But this is nuts to shot a teen who wasn't an immediate threat to the guy's life.  

I'm not sure if dude should serve time but he should lose the right to own guns as far as I'm concerned.  You can't just shot at teens who aren't a threat to your life.  And if you think theft of a console has enough value to kill a teen over then you have fucked up morals.  Theft of personal property shouldn't be a free ride to kill if you can aim good enough.  

I have serious personal issues with guns being used when life or severe personal harm (like rape) isn't at risk.  IF that is the case then yes, that is a good use of a firearm for protecting you or someone else.  If not then fucking let the law deal with the crime.  Anymore lots of shootings seem to be way stretching of the intent of firearms used for protecting yourself.  I'm not for citizens killing people over petty crimes done against them.  Soon you'll just be able to say "I thought they had a gun" when they stole my $10 Chipotle Gift Card so that's why I killed the 13 year old.

He'll be charged unless there's more to the story and he was robbed for the Xbox at gunpoint. Even then it's still not necessarily clear-cut self-defense. Unfortunately teenagers being shot (or doing the shooting) is far too common in Chicago. 

Sadly in today's society, life is cheap. In Taiwan it's safety violations and traffic incidents, in the States it's generally involving incidents like this or robberies gone wrong, ending up with someone getting shot over a pack of smokes and $100.

I'm honestly not sure how we can change the situation, but yeah, it's really sickening to see how worthless the lives of humans seem to be 😞

• Agree 1

Social Team · Posted
7 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

He'll be charged unless there's more to the story and he was robbed for the Xbox at gunpoint. Even then it's still not necessarily clear-cut self-defense. Unfortunately teenagers being shot (or doing the shooting) is far too common in Chicago. 

Sounded like the 19 year old was in the car with a gun and the 15 year old was out of the car stealing the console.  I'm just having a hard time imagining how the 15 year old should be a legit target of the shooting.  I don't know all the facts so there may be a reason but off the cuff this seems fucked up and I have a hard time seeing how an unarmed 15 year old should be shot at.  

4 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

Sounded like the 19 year old was in the car with a gun and the 15 year old was out of the car stealing the console.  I'm just having a hard time imagining how the 15 year old should be a legit target of the shooting.  I don't know all the facts so there may be a reason but off the cuff this seems fucked up and I have a hard time seeing how an unarmed 15 year old should be shot at.  

If it played out exactly as described then yeah, he'll be charged for sure. 

A lot remains unanswered at this point - according to this report

https://cwbchicago.com/2021/10/man-charged-with-robbery-for-xbox-rip-off-that-left-his-15-year-old-brother-dead.html

both would be robbers were back in the car when the 29 year old fired after seeing the 19 year old* with a gun.  Apparently the 19 year old was grazed in the shoulder and the bullet continued on to hit the other one in the head.

*No gun was found with the 19 year old nor in their car - although that would have been easy enough to chuck somewhere before going to the hospital.

I suspect resolution of this will largley depend on whether a judge/jury believes there was a second gun involved.  While Illinois doesn't have as stand your law it doesn't mandate one retreat rather than defend oneself.  It does recognize a principle of forcible felony** and that it can be used as justification for self defense which would include shooting someone.

“‘Forcible felony’ means treason, first degree murder, second degree murder, predatory criminal sexual assault of a child, aggravated criminal sexual assault, criminal sexual assault, robbery, burglary, residential burglary, aggravated arson, arson, aggravated kidnaping, kidnaping, aggravated battery resulting in great bodily harm or permanent disability or disfigurement and any other felony which involves the use or threat of physical force or violence against any individual.”    720 ILCS 5/2-8.
Edited by Tabonga

19 hours ago, avatar! said:

And, the douchebag of the weekend award, goes to...
Ricki Collin, 34, and Amy Hall, 45 from Portland, OR

The two POS were fortunately arrested

I hope they throw the pair of them in jail for the maximum amount of time and give them nothing but bread (generic) and water.  

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, Tabonga said:

I hope they throw the pair of them in jail for the maximum amount of time and give them nothing but bread (generic) and water.  

Agreed, and if they're vegans, a strictly keto diet.  They had exactly what they had coming to them.  I'm fed up with masks, who isn't, but going in, picking a fight, refusing to leave when requested which turns into the crime of minimally trespass... you have it coming.

I'm curious who the hell they think they are believing THEY are the crime victims here when the owner pulls a bat in self defense.  The only bad move here was her poking it slowly to get pulled away instead of outright swinging for the fences on that chick.  It's clearly on video, and you have that old moron outside just watching instead of doing anything about it just soaking it in who could have at least gone to get help (or called for it.)

Social Team · Posted
34 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Agreed, and if they're vegans, a strictly keto diet.  They had exactly what they had coming to them.  I'm fed up with masks, who isn't, but going in, picking a fight, refusing to leave when requested which turns into the crime of minimally trespass... you have it coming.

I'm curious who the hell they think they are believing THEY are the crime victims here when the owner pulls a bat in self defense.  The only bad move here was her poking it slowly to get pulled away instead of outright swinging for the fences on that chick.  It's clearly on video, and you have that old moron outside just watching instead of doing anything about it just soaking it in who could have at least gone to get help (or called for it.)

Old dude could of at least yelled that he's calling the police, and actually called the police.  His statement might of been enough to stop the violence if he didn't want to be physically involved.  I mean the yell was enough to call the police to investigate even if he didn't see what was going on in the store.  I'm just glad the couple got caught and will be punished for their crime.

@FireHazard51 Yeah no doubt, far as I'm concerned that old bastard is complicit in the crime there just standing and enjoying the shit show unfold.  Gutless, stupid, complicit.  I'm so not for cancel culture cowardice, but if someone figured out who that was and ratted him out locally I wouldn't feel any compassion for any fallout he got for not making some attempt.  I'm glad those 2 losers got busted so high on their own farts thinking they'd win and recorded it as such.  It's nice, it helps the case when you're so stupid, you can basically hand the cops the evidence they need to press charges that stick.  So sooooo stupid, about as dumb as trying to rob a donut shop next door to a police precinct idiotic.