IGNORED

Oh the Humanity Thread (stupid things people do)

Screenshot-from-2021-07-03-21-08-56.png

Thirty years ago the comic book, television and film series sparked a boom in terrapin adoptions, but now hundreds are ending up in animal shelters, conservationists have warned.

Some have even been released by frustrated owners into the British countryside, where they are not well-adapted to live and may also be causing environmental damage.

“So we end up with a situation where the eco balance within the park has been destroyed, and we start losing some of the vegetation that is so attractive, but also some of the species that people come to see. They've become a real problem.”

Can't blame the turtles for this, it's always people that are dumb...

7 hours ago, Tabonga said:

Ugh sheesh, they just don't get it.  I'm only going to guess because it's san francisco, that's why it's not getting same level of media buzz as it's not just covered like other areas where the defunders really caused some serious problems with coverage, other than some minnesota irony.  Keep in mind the bat shit nuts speaker of the house (us congress) has that as her district, guessing the media doesn't want to upset the queen.  That's disgusting that retail is now with Target there headlining cutting workers ours and good customers access because crime is so bad it's not safe to have people shop.  Right beyond that, not in the headline(why?!) Walgreens is closing entirely 10 stores in the area...they're as much a vital resource if not more than Target given they're pharmacies/clinics and stuff, a number which are 24/7 too which Target doesn't do.  That needs need to be handled.  Gap bailed, CVS is under attack and going out...what the hell?!  Makes you wonder if anyone that may still have a backbone there won't start some vigilante justice given the cops can't do much it seems clear.

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Makes you wonder if anyone that may still have a backbone there won't start some vigilante justice given the cops can't do much it seems clear.

My guess is that the "authorities" would crack down on that like stink on you know what - can't have people doing what the government should be doing but won't.....

• Like 1

People watching Lost, thinking it's a documentary 🙄

Screenshot-from-2021-07-05-17-15-38.png

• Reciting "Grabovoi numbers" has became a spirituality trend sweeping TikTok.

• The pseudoscience originates with Grigory Grabovoi, a cult leader who was convicted of fraud in 2008.

• The trend shows how social media can provide new paths for the spread of old misinformation.

4 hours ago, Tabonga said:

I guess she really really wanted an egg mcmuffin.....

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/woman-hits-multiple-cops-wild-120143835.html

Well, what can you expect from a place called Worcester and pronounced "Wooster" 🙂

Seriously though, I once drove through there and slowed down because of construction and the construction guy by the road started cussing me out because apparently I was in his way or something and actually followed safety protocol and slowed down - shite New Englanders...

Victims in Golf Course Triple-Murder Were Bound With Tape, Police Say

https://www.thedailybeast.com/atlanta-golf-course-murder-suspect-bryan-rhoden-was-once-accused-of-college-shootout

Police have identified the alleged murderer as 23-year-old Bryan Anthony Rhoden...he was stopped by Chamblee police on misdemeanor charges including DUI, a headlight violation, providing false identification, driving without insurance, driving an unregistered vehicle, and having the wrong license plate on his car...Five years before the golf club triple homicide, Rhoden allegedly shot 19-year-old Shelton Torance Flournoy three times in the chest during an argument over a drug deal in the parking lot of a Georgia State dorm...Rhoden was released from the Fulton County Jail on a signature bond three days later, according to jail records. But there is no record of a trial or conviction, and Rhoden’s case was sealed in 2017...In 2020, Atlanta airport police seized nearly $20,000 in suspected drug money from Rhoden as he boarded a flight to Los Angeles. He was never charged with a crime. Rhoden was also arrested last year after a high-speed chase in Indiana, reportedly clocking speeds up to 150 mph.

I mean... FUCK. Look at what he did with no consequence, I'm sure at that point he was like "eh, gotten away with all this shite with not even a slap on the wrist, so I'll kill a few people what are they going to do about it!"

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, arch_8ngel said:

Swatting should result in a charge of attempted murder.

I think if someone dies (either someone in the residence or a law enforcement officer) as a result then the charges should be escalated above and beyond that.  What is particularly galling in a case like this is that the reasons behind it are so trivial.

• Like 1

Korean broadcaster apologizes for 'inexcusable' Olympics gaffe

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/olympics/2021/07/26/mbc-korean-olympics-stereotypes-apology/

During its coverage of the Opening Ceremonies at the Tokyo Games, Munwha Broadcasting Corp. aired photos in what it said was an attempt to help viewers quickly identify each country...Ukraine was represented by Chernobyl, the 1986 nuclear disaster, and Haiti's image showed demonstrators in front of a burning street following the recent assassination of the country's president. Romania was portrayed by a photo of Count Dracula, and next to the footage of Mongolia's delegation was a picture of Genghis Khan.

I wonder what they used for the USA? Probably a gun, and you know, they would be right...

Also, why use Dracula when you can use Count Chocula 😄

1-REBW5-JIgb-Qz6-TNWmwu-MQ0g.png

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Tabonga said:

I think if someone dies (either someone in the residence or a law enforcement officer) as a result then the charges should be escalated above and beyond that.  What is particularly galling in a case like this is that the reasons behind it are so trivial.

Agreed.

I'm just talking bare minimum.  Swatting should be an attempted murder charge, right out of the box.

• Like 1

'The volumes are beyond anything we have ever seen': Delta hold times won't improve until fall

or

Why Delta is Shite

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/airline-news/2021/07/14/delta-customer-service-wait-times-hold-times-wont-ease-until-september/7960074002/

Trying to reach Delta Air Lines for travel help...Travelers report waits of as long as nine hours on Delta, missed callbacks and no ability to directly message the airline on Twitter without tweeting first. (The airline says it suspended the message option in the fall; other airlines still offer it, and it's often the quickest way to get help.)

CEO Ed Bastian said Wednesday that the airline expects to return to normal wait times by September..."It's not a question of providing the staffing. We're doing everything we can," he said on the airline's quarterly earnings conference call.

Well, Ed, do you mind if I call you Ed by the way? Anyway Ed, I'm pretty sure it is a matter of staffing - you see, hire more people, then can answer more calls, and wait time goes down. Really, there's NO magic to this! Also, hire more people does cost more money, which I guess makes your stockholders unhappy and you don't want to jeapordize that $13.1 million salary, do you Ed?

https://www.ajc.com/news/business/delta-ceo-bastian-took-pay-cut-in-2020-but-still-got-stock-incentives/JZOBBRUFWRG2VNI4YRDR4GMEJ4/

united airlines nasa GIF

Edited by avatar!

1 hour ago, avatar! said:

'The volumes are beyond anything we have ever seen': Delta hold times won't improve until fall

or

Why Delta is Shite

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/airline-news/2021/07/14/delta-customer-service-wait-times-hold-times-wont-ease-until-september/7960074002/

Trying to reach Delta Air Lines for travel help...Travelers report waits of as long as nine hours on Delta, missed callbacks and no ability to directly message the airline on Twitter without tweeting first. (The airline says it suspended the message option in the fall; other airlines still offer it, and it's often the quickest way to get help.)

CEO Ed Bastian said Wednesday that the airline expects to return to normal wait times by September..."It's not a question of providing the staffing. We're doing everything we can," he said on the airline's quarterly earnings conference call.

Well, Ed, do you mind if I call you Ed by the way? Anyway Ed, I'm pretty sure it is a matter of staffing - you see, hire more people, then can answer more calls, and wait time goes down. Really, there's NO magic to this! Also, hire more people does cost more money, which I guess makes your stockholders unhappy and you don't want to jeapordize that $13.1 million salary, do you Ed?

https://www.ajc.com/news/business/delta-ceo-bastian-took-pay-cut-in-2020-but-still-got-stock-incentives/JZOBBRUFWRG2VNI4YRDR4GMEJ4/

united airlines nasa GIF

I was on hold with the Illinois Department of Revenue the other day for 58 minutes, and the entire time the recording kept telling me that wait times were long because they had to reduce the number of people taking calls due to COVID.  It's infuriating because there is no reason why they can't use the same number of people taking calls remotely.  I know getting people setup to work remotely isn't an overnight thing, but it's been more than a year now.  There really isn't an excuse at this point.