IGNORED

Oh the Humanity Thread (stupid things people do)

It's nice to know that the videos of people filling bags with gas are old and not from this most recent panic (now that I've read that, I vaguely remember seeing those videos before). 

Also, as I mentioned in another thread, just because someone is filling up a bunch of 5 gallon gas cans, doesn't mean they are panicking and hoarding gas.  Some of us go through that much gasoline every few weeks and fill up that many cans all the time, gas shortage or not.  

2 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

It's nice to know that the videos of people filling bags with gas are old and not from this most recent panic (now that I've read that, I vaguely remember seeing those videos before). 

Also, as I mentioned in another thread, just because someone is filling up a bunch of 5 gallon gas cans, doesn't mean they are panicking and hoarding gas.  Some of us go through that much gasoline every few weeks and fill up that many cans all the time, gas shortage or not.  

I don't particularly care if people put gas in proper containers.  The fact that officials felt that they had to warn people not to put gas in plastic bags is in and of itself pretty scary.  I actually find it of little solace that the pictures are old - someone did it at one time and it could easily happen again since I doubt the  intelligence of all people has miraculously increased in the interim.

3 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I mean..... you really should care.  Especially if they are filling up at the same time as you.  

For the purposes of this thread I was addressing the safety issue of putting gas in unsafe containers.  

The issue of how much gas people should take is another thing altogether.

-------------------

Along the lines of safety (ignoring the criminal acts involved)  - what could go wrong with this - metal drill bit, metal tank and gas?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/georgia-man-drilled-fuel-tanks-191946425.html

4 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

For the purposes of this thread I was addressing the safety issue of putting gas in unsafe containers.  

The issue of how much gas people should take is another thing altogether.

Yes I know.  But you said you didn't particularly care if people put gas in proper containers.  I was just saying that you probably should.  Especially if you are nearby someone who is doing it incorrectly.  

1 minute ago, TDIRunner said:

Yes I know.  But you said you didn't particularly care if people put gas in proper containers.  I was just saying that you probably should.  Especially if you are nearby someone who is doing it incorrectly.  

If I lived in an affected area I might - although I would more likely to be annoyed with a land barge that holds 30 gallons and two saddle tanks with another 40/50 gallons waiting in line.

27 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

If I lived in an affected area I might - although I would more likely to be annoyed with a land barge that holds 30 gallons and two saddle tanks with another 40/50 gallons waiting in line.

I really think we are talking about two different things.  You keep mentioning people buying large amounts of gas or hoarding.  But I'm talking about someone putting gas in an empty milk jug.  That should be a concern regardless of a shortage.  

• Like 1

When You Just Keep Shooting Yourself

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article251497063.html

According to the Largo Police Department, Griffith was at a Walmart on Missouri Avenue on Saturday, May 15, and bent over to pick up the soda case. But that movement apparently caused the gun police say he was carrying in his waistband without a holster to go off...Griffith did not have a concealed weapons permit in order to be carrying the gun. Bond was set at $5,000. This is the second time in as many months Griffith has been charged with carrying a concealed weapon without a permit. On March 19, he was charged as such when he was spotted using a flashlight to look into balconies and cars at an apartment complex on Seminole Boulevard in Pinellas County....Police say he told them he had a concealed weapons permit in Virginia to carry the gun but according to the arrest report he does not...according to the report, he tried the Virginia explanation again to no avail

Well, consistency is good, usually 🙂

1 hour ago, Tabonga said:

Some people are just shite, that's how it is sadly 😕

Screenshot-from-2021-05-20-13-12-45.png

Florinda Argueta was in court Wednesday evening charged with murder where her bond was set at $20,000. Her son, Joe Argueta, has also been arrested and charged with murder and is accused of pulling the trigger. His bond was set at $50,000. Both Florinda and Joe have posted bail and are expected to appear in court Thursday at 9 a.m. His father and uncle have been charged but remain on the run.

Florida woman, nearly naked, leads cops on high-speed chase in stolen car

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-woman-nearly-naked-leads-182540304.html

She claimed that the car was her aunt’s and she was allowed to drive it. Stefancich was charged with grand theft auto, reckless driving, fleeing and eluding, possession of methamphetamine and driving with a suspended license.

Ah, the good ol' "aunt defense" 🙂

Anyone seen this guy idiotic cowardly piece-o-shite?

Screenshot-from-2021-05-25-16-22-44.png

https://www.ajc.com/news/police-cobb-man-fires-several-shots-after-being-banned-from-neighbors-party/XP2HM7WDEFBRFCRT6FJRNXMMUE/

Witnesses told police that Cody Demmitt shot multiple rounds into his neighbor’s house after being denied access to a party. He left the area before officers arrived.