cgfeelit

Events Team · Posted

Our pitbull/boxer mix (mostly pitbull) named Loma:

20190421_163628.jpg

20180226_054738.jpg

20190722_211616.jpg

20190320_134152.jpg

20191109_063949.jpg

Loma is a fairly old pupper by this point, as you can see from the little bit of white on her snout. but despite that, she's the most playful dog we've ever had. I've said before that it's almost like she's aging in reverse, rather than getting less playful and energetic as she ages, she actually started off being kind of shy and reserved, but is now super playful, and seems to only be getting more and more playful as she gets older.

And now, our chihuahua named Peanut:

20191003_171907.jpg

20190724_104030.jpg

^ That's his little spot he always lays down at in our backyard

20180224_111851.jpg

Peanut is also fairly old by this point, but he's had a more typical progression in the way he acts. He was pretty playful when we first got him, but he's mellowed out a lot over time, and is now a lot more calm, and actually kind of grumpy, which is funny to see whenever he snaps at Loma for trying to take his spot on the couch or what have you, haha. But despite Peanut sometimes being a bit of a jerk, they get along together very well.

20200212_053735.jpg

We also used to have three other dogs. I don't have any pictures of any of them handy, but I might post some later if I can find any. First we had Sundance, AKA Sunny, a little brown wiener dog. I didn't get to know her very well since I was only... maybe 3 or so when she passed away, but she was a very good pupper from what I've heard.

Then we had Juno, a really beautiful white boxer. We got him when he was a puppy, and he was with us all the way up until he more or less passed away of old age around 4 or so years back, we had him for literally as long as I can remember. Similarly to Peanut, he started out as being playful, but mellowed out a lot as he got older. By the end, he was one of the calmest dogs we had ever owned. I always kind of thought of him as a wise old man who had been through a lot. He very rarely growled or barked, but when he did, it was legitimately one of the most intimidating barks we had ever heard. You did NOT want to get on Juno's bad side, let me tell you. At one point later on in his life he had developed a very big cancerous tumor in one of his legs, and at that point, our only two options were to either put him down, or amputate the leg. We knew he was already quite old by this point, but in the end we decided to amputate the leg, and thankfully after recovering and getting a bit used to it, he got around just fine on three legs. He actually got incredibly muscular after that, he was by far the buffest dog we ever had despite also being the oldest. He was one buff old man, haha. After another 2 or 3 years, he stopped eating and drinking as much, he started having trouble getting around, he started getting a bit cold... we all knew what was happening, he had lived a very long life, a longer life than most boxers do, so we knew this day would come eventually. So, we decided to put him down and all said our goodbyes to him. He was an amazing dog though, and I'll always miss our little tripod.

Next up was Hana, a brown boxer who we got a few years after we got Juno. We didn't get her when she was a puppy, but she was generally pretty playful throughout most of her life, although less so than Loma is now. One of the things she would always do is honk at us, as we called it, whenever she wanted to get our attention, so we'd always say "What're you honkin' about, Hana? Do you need to go outside?" and whatnot whenever she was staring at us just honking away, haha. She passed away a year or two before Juno did due to some issues with her kidneys. I must admit I can't recall the exact details, but the long and the short of it is that the only real option we had was to put her down, same as Juno later on.

We first got Peanut when Juno and Loma were both still alive, so for a few years we had three dogs all at once, which was definitely quite a handful, haha. Somehow they all got along great though, which I'm very glad about. We got Loma after Hana had passed away, and a few months before Juno did.

Eventually I do want to get a Husky, but I'm not sure when that'll be. Hopefully one day, though!

• Like 5
  • Love 6

I haven't had a dog for years but my last one was in late-high school. It was a Jack Russell Terrier. He had a brown patch on his head and the white fur went straight into it making a perfect V. Since he had a V on his face, I wanted to give him a name with a V so I chose Vincent from FF VII.

I loved that dog. JRTs are insane and I love them for it. We've considered getting a family dog but my wife is completely against getting a hyper dog like that. Normally I would be too but there's a specific, unique nuttiness to JRTs and I love them for it.

• Like 1

Social Team · Posted
1 hour ago, RH said:

I haven't had a dog for years but my last one was in late-high school. It was a Jack Russell Terrier. He had a brown patch on his head and the white fur went straight into it making a perfect V. Since he had a V on his face, I wanted to give him a name with a V so I chose Vincent from FF VII.

I loved that dog. JRTs are insane and I love them for it. We've considered getting a family dog but my wife is completely against getting a hyper dog like that. Normally I would be too but there's a specific, unique nuttiness to JRTs and I love them for it.

What you need is the BEST terrier.....a Softcoated Wheaten Terrier.  They are "nutty" and SUPER family friendly.

I'm not biased either.....

Spoiler

ACtC-3dqtF8fK42vIuwgDr8aYxTLvgYNHlEvFVgQ

ACtC-3dxdHyHKWfNefEkGqRyIYRIgxkQgLyp5r4B

ACtC-3dS5A6jDZIg6wdDS6DnTyHQWwEvQf5EZE0F

Edited by FireHazard51
  • Like 2

Unfortunately Dude passed away in 2017 on Valentines Day. I was at school and felt I couldn't miss my classes so my grandfather (who took care of him when I was away at school) had to take him to the vet for it. It's my biggest regret of my life that I didn't just F the class and drive home. We tried to adopt another Beagle last year but he ended up being very aggressive. Been thinking of getting a Beagle puppy or two and trying that but there seems to be a lot of scams for pets so I don't know if I'll ever get to it.

IMG_0528.JPG

• Love 4
  • Sad 4

Social Team · Posted
22 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Unfortunately Dude passed away in 2017 on Valentines Day. I was at school and felt I couldn't miss my classes so my grandfather (who took care of him when I was away at school) had to take him to the vet for it. It's my biggest regret of my life that I didn't just F the class and drive home. We tried to adopt another Beagle last year but he ended up being very aggressive. Been thinking of getting a Beagle puppy or two and trying that but there seems to be a lot of scams for pets so I don't know if I'll ever get to it.

IMG_0528.JPG

If you want a puppy then you always research and find good breeders who care for their dogs and the breed's bloodline.  Or you can always keep an eye out for a young one to rescue.  Many times if you are looking for a specific breed there are breed specific rescues.  So long as they are not "designer" dogs you'll likely have some luck.  Both routes require some patients, the later typically more.

• 2 weeks later...
Social Team · Posted

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

dogpicture.jpg.884d1a9bf64f0102e7b1aec67674a05a.jpg

The picture in the frame was taken in 2005/2006.

The Lab was named Madeline, but I often called her "Maddie." She died in early 2008 and was 9 and a half years old. She was very friendly, and was usually calm indoors.

The Pug was named Toby. He died earlier this year and was 16 years old, though he was only a year or two when this picture was taken. He was a little annoying because he did lots of biting when he was young, barked a lot both outside and inside, and always wanted food.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Love 1
  • Sad 3

My grandma has a black poodle sort of breed(?) named Cleo, then one named Candy before that, and one named Scruffy before that.  My aunt Janet has a few dogs and back in the 90s or so she never went anywhere without her big black dog Branson.  My father has had a dog pen of beagle hounds as far back as I can remember.

But of course all of you know who I consider man's REAL best friend🥰

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

image.jpeg.2ed89cd7a9171cdbad5a7e37926fa5e1.jpeg

image.jpeg.583c30d302dd14db909a63d4d495ba40.jpeg

Say hello to Charlie. He's less than a year old. As expected, he's very similar to the old Pug (see picture above) in that he does a lot of biting. However, he's more energetic and can sometimes be hyper. Also, he really likes to sit on the stairs.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 12/7/2021 at 1:43 PM, RH said:

We still don't have a dog.  I'm not interested either.  Well... I am but what I want is this:

2-face.jpg

What my wife and kids want is this:

23928de8-75f4-4cbd-aa93-a6f68ad330f7-20200201-_MS_0622.jpg?crop=3892,2189,x0,y183&width=1600&height=800&format=pjpg&auto=webp

We managed to get a dog (and I posted this in The Pickups thread) but here’s Remy.  The wife and kids kind of won.  We got a rescue and I think he has a bit of Golden Retriever in him.  I don’t mind.  He’s the bestest boy.

CD9B2811-A0C1-4D04-A94A-2DDFFADFCC4E.jpeg.0181e5756c20a4895654c277f10ac530.jpeg

• Love 1

This probably isn't my fight so to speak but I've been wondering...you know how some rental agreements/leases single out certain breeds of dogs as forbidden (like pit bulls or other stereotypically "dangerous" or "junkyard" breeds)...wouldn't that count as doggie racism (or more accurately breedism)?  I mean, just like people, no dog is "born" to bite your leg off or be an attack sort of dog...they have to be taught to be that way (by the people and/or environment they become accustomed to).