IGNORED

Virtual Boy Weekly Contest Round 7: Virtual League Baseball

Red

Hello and welcome to the seventh round of the Virtual Boy Weekly Contest!  This week's game is Virtual League Baseball.  I'm not really a fan of baseball games, but this one seems somewhat competent.  Hope you all enjoy playing it more than I had testing it out!

Rules:

- Select Player 1 VS Computer mode

- Choose France as your team and USA as the Computer team

- Set it so you bat second and DH is off

- Play a complete game

- Best positive score difference wins (For example, if you win 6 to 2, your score for this contest would be 4.  If you lose 2 to 8, your score for this contest would be -6)

- If more than one player has the same score difference, the player who finished the game in the fewest number of innings wins

- If more than one player has the same score difference and finished the game in the same number of innings, player with the best positive hit difference wins

- If more than one player has the same score difference, finished the game in the same inning, and has the same hit difference, then it is a tie and the points will be shared

- You have until 11:00 PM EST on Sunday, January 31, 2021 to submit your score.

For general contest rules, click here:

https://www.videogamesage.com/topic/5999-virtual-boy-weekly-contest-leaderboard-rules-20202021/

Good luck and have fun!

SCOREBOARD:

1. 1, 0  (Splain)

2. 1, -6 (ZeldaFan042)

Edited by Red
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Editorials Team · Posted
12 hours ago, Red said:

- If more than one player has the same score difference, the player who finished the game in the fewest number of innings wins

You can end the game in fewer than 9 innings?

I have always been garbage at baseball games. I've dreaded this week. I'll see what I can do lol.

Just now, Splain said:

You can end the game in fewer than 9 innings?

I have always been garbage at baseball games. I've dreaded this week. I'll see what I can do lol.

Yes.  If one team is winning by more than 10 points at the end of the inning, the game will end early.

Editorials Team · Posted

I actually won a game! Despite the CPU players running like The Flash and throwing like Uncle Rico, and my French team running like slugs and throwing like... slugs. I can't imagine getting 10 points ahead, but I'm ready to be schooled. As soon as I got 1 point in the 9th inning, the game was called. But I won't pretend I could have gotten any more than that.

uq97AAQ.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Proveaux said:

Oops. Do you think that would have helped me not be beat with the 10-point rule in the first inning?

The rule doesn't take effect until the end of the inning, so the other team would actually have an opportunity to beat you by even more (as ZeldaFan042's first score demonstrates).

If anyone was wondering about the team selection, I intentionally made it so you played as (what seemed to be) one of the not so good teams against (what seemed to be) one of the better teams, so the low scores aren't that surprising.

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted

I did notice that the French team is one of the few that doesn't have any side-arm pitchers, which is something that allows you to cheese pitches that the CPU can't hit. And as I said before, the USA team runs and throws noticeably faster than the French team could, lol. So I suspected that was the case.

The rules were good, I actually want to revisit this game later as the USA team and see how I do, now that I've had to really learn the pitching and fielding.