IGNORED

Best 3DS Games?

SoleGoose

On 10/29/2019 at 7:20 PM, zeppelin03 said:

Ivw heard people talk about Awakening but Echos is that good?  I've got all three that came out but don't know where to start.

Yes avatar is right. Echoes is the best fire emblem game made so far. It's a shame so many people overlooked it.

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, BreaKBeatZ said:

That sure is an odd choice, do you play actual Puzzle and Dragons? It's so much better than the Mario game.

I played through both.  Vanilla was way too easy.  And its more fun to unlock a koopa kid compared to some rando dragon pokemon

- LoZ: A Link Between Worlds

- LoZ: OoT 3D

- LoZ: Majora's Mask 3D

- Super Mario 3D Land

- New Super Mario Bros. 2

- Luigi's Mansion

- Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

- Star Fox 64 3D

- Kid Icarus Uprising 

- Kirby Planet Robobot

- Kirby Triple Deluxe 

- Poochey and Yoshi's Wooly World 3D

- Pokemon X/Y/Omega Ruby/Alpha Saphire/Sun/Moon/Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon 

- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

- Animal Crossing New Leaf 

- Fire Emblem Awakening

- Fire Emblem Fates

- Fire Emblem Echoes

- Bravely Default

- Bravely Second

- NES Remix 

- Shin Megami Tensei IV 

- Prof. Layton vs. Phoenix Wright 

- Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance 

- Metroid: Samus Returns

- Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

- Mario Party Top 100

- Mario Kart 7

- Monster Hunter IV

- Monster Hunter Generations 

- Dragon Quest VIII

- Donkey Kong Country Returns

- Tomodachi Life

And there's probably more I'm forgetting. The system has an amazing library that's for sure. And that's without even mentioning the backwards compatibility with almost all DS games...

On 10/29/2019 at 6:34 PM, zeppelin03 said:

Personally my favorite was Animal Crossing New Leaf.  I put tons of hours into that and had a blast.  Can't wait for the new one.

Finally noticed this thread and hopped on to say this.  New Leaf was literally the system seller for my wife and I (we each ended up with a system and a copy of the game), as well as a bunch of our friends, so I would honestly put forth that it qualifies as one of the best solely for that reason.

Most of my friends and family who played it together didn't get a whole lot more for the system (my wife and I got Pokemon X & Y and a couple of copies of Mariokart 7 gifted to us by a friend who wanted to play together, I bought her the Chibi Robo game since she'd enjoyed the Game Cube game so much, and we ended up with all of the Skylanders games save the last one due to being huge fans of that series up to a point).  To date, my wife and I really haven't seen anything that's driven us to buy any further titles for the system, leaving both to sit for long spells until we get the itch to tinker around with Animal Crossing again, hand out excuses to our villagers regarding where we were, then once again get distracted by life and abandon our responsibilities as mayor once more.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2019 at 9:27 PM, SoleGoose said:

Anybody play that Epic Mickey game? Ran across some screenshots and it was graphically pleasing at least.

Ha, went to find a 3DS game to play and found it already on the shelf! Must have picked it up at a Black Friday sale or something since it is sealed/new.

If you're looking for an easy game to pick up and play for 10-20 minute bursts, Pilotwings Resort is surprisingly decent. 

I got it with my 3DS near when it first came out, the game is incredibly enjoyable. The mission mode isn't too overly challenging (unless you're going for 100%), and the free flight mode is nice and relaxing as you find all the I Points, Balloons, etc. It's cheap too, you'll definitely get your moneys worth. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/11/2019 at 7:31 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

I played through both.  Vanilla was way too easy.  And its more fun to unlock a koopa kid compared to some rando dragon pokemon

Oh, I meant the mobile game. That was around long before they released the 3DS game. It's my favorite mobile game ever (although I don't play many games on mobile) and it's a lot harder than the 3DS game. Many more mechanics are introduced as you progress, and harder dungeons are always being released. You should check it out - here's a video or a solid dungeon run. The board is usually 6x5, but he is using a leader that makes it 7x6 which obviously allows for a lot more combos.