IGNORED

Cryptocurrency thread

phart010

• 2 weeks later...
Administrator · Posted

Sold all of my BAT just now. I originally bought into it pretty high actually, but over time bought more and more at lower rates, until I got the average down to 90 cents. 

It's fluctuated pretty steadily back and forth around the 80-90 cent mark for a while now, so at the current 94 I figured, gut feeling, sell it all while I'm ahead. 

As you can see below that means that with my gains from BTC, ETH, and BAT, I'm up $440 in around 6 months of owning those cryptos. Not bad, considering the relatively small amount I've put in so far (a 16.4% gain). Nothing insane like I know some people have seen in the past with BTC and such, making people rich etc., but for something I basically treat like lazy day trading, this isn't bad at all!

Ill wait and watch and see how things go, and probably buy back in if/when I feel something is low again. 

Screenshot_20211029-010127.png

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 12:57 PM, Code Monkey said:

My prediction is that Bitcoin drops a few points by the end of the week and then the other popular coins start moving a lot early next week. If you want to make some money, buy ADA and XRP now.

Looks like I was right about Bitcoin dropping a bit but ADA and XRP didn't perform how I thought they would this week. However, my suggestion to buy SHIB was a good one. It went up 1200% and my $28 turned into $150.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Enjin was one of the big winners over the last week. I was holding at a very high 2.52 and was able to sell today for a small profit. Besides my big Bitcoin loss harvesting earlier this year, my only remaining coin in the red is Tron. It just can't seem to gain traction.

It'll go. I've been pumping this one for months and I still think it'll eventually go. It's a better blockchain than Ethereum, it just doesn't have the marketing. We need people to just discover it themselves somehow.

1 hour ago, MiamiSlice said:

Tron? You are talking about Tron?

Posted April 19 on page 10 of this thread:

On 4/19/2021 at 4:13 PM, Code Monkey said:

TRON is software that allows software developers like me to deploy my own decentralized application (DApp) onto their blockchain and their gas is called TRX.

So you just need to invest in the native coin for whichever software you think will be popular. Personally I think Ethereum is good but TRON is way better in terms of how many transactions it can handle per second and the fact it's proof of stake instead of proof of work. I highly advise anyone to pull all ETH coins right now and put them into TRX or some other proof of stake chain.

What's proof of stake? Everyone talks about how much power the Bitcoin blockchain consumes with proof of work and all these computers running computations (mining). Other companies like Cardano and TRON have come up with proof of stake which asks the validator to put up a number of their personal coins before processing a transaction. 

I have 1000 TRX.

1 hour ago, Code Monkey said:

It'll go. I've been pumping this one for months and I still think it'll eventually go. It's a better blockchain than Ethereum, it just doesn't have the marketing. We need people to just discover it themselves somehow.

Yeah, I like it too. I've been holding 10,000 for several months.

Edited by DoctorEncore

On 10/30/2021 at 4:47 PM, DoctorEncore said:

Never regret taking profits. Tangible money will always trump potential money. It hurts much worse to NOT take profits and watch it fall below your entry point.

I'm still holding out for potential money. I'd hate to cash out my bitcoin now only to have it hit $100k+ in the near future. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'm still holding out for potential money. I'd hate to cash out my bitcoin now only to have it hit $100k+ in the near future. 

To be clear, I'm talking about trading rather than investing. If you're investing in something you believe in, you just buy and hold. Don't even look at it.

If you're trading, then you want to lock in profits here and there.

In other news, has anyone tried liquidity staking on Orion Protocol? It's worth looking at. I'm currently staking EFX-USDT on Binance Smart Chain for 300% APR. The payout is in ORN, which is Orion's native token. It's very interesting and very lucrative.

Edited by DoctorEncore