IGNORED

Cryptocurrency thread

phart010

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I probably would be if I ever actually sold any. 

I actually just sold mine a few hours ago. Decided to go with that inner voice for once that said "you're up 30%,take it". 

We'll see if one of my financial decisions work out for once. 

4 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I actually just sold mine a few hours ago. Decided to go with that inner voice for once that said "you're up 30%,take it". 

We'll see if one of my financial decisions work out for once. 

I've had consistently bad luck selling things only to have the value go parabolic a few years later, so that probably has something to do with my reluctance to sell even though I'm up close to 400%.

11 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Bitcoin hit the new all time high today with a week and a half left in October. $70k by the end of the month seems in reach now.

I had money set aside to buy BTC at 40k, but didn't have limit order in. Goodbye $25k profit. 🤦‍♂️

Now I'm going heavy into CARDS and Starlaunch. My investment in Paribus is up 30,000%.

43 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

I had money set aside to buy BTC at 40k, but didn't have limit order in. Goodbye $25k profit. 🤦‍♂️

Now I'm going heavy into CARDS and Starlaunch. My investment in Paribus is up 30,000%.

This is where I should probably sell 20-25% and take some profit, but then it will definitely run up to $100k by the end of the year.

Administrator · Posted
23 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Any time you hit an all-time high, it's very reasonable to take profits. Actual profits are always better than potential profits.

That's what I keep telling myself, seeing as I sold my BTC at the 71k mark (up from buying at the 50k mark).

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Any time you hit an all-time high, it's very reasonable to take profits. Actual profits are always better than potential profits.

I want to keep at least two BTC, so that doesn't leave me with a lot of room to work with, but selling 20% would be enough to buy a new car, so there is that.

58 minutes ago, Gloves said:

That's what I keep telling myself, seeing as I sold my BTC at the 71k mark (up from buying at the 50k mark).

38 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I want to keep at least two BTC, so that doesn't leave me with a lot of room to work with, but selling 20% would be enough to buy a new car, so there is that.

I mean, it's also fine (and smarter) to just hold forever.

Crypto and the stocks I talk about here aren't part of my retirement portfolios. They are my day trading portfolios, so it's more fun to actually trade them.

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Crypto and the stocks I talk about here aren't part of my retirement portfolios. They are my day trading portfolios, so it's more fun to actually trade them.

Same, and agree. 

1 hour ago, DoctorEncore said:

I don't need the money for anything right now, but at the same time it does seem like a good idea to put some aside at an all time high.

• Like 1