IGNORED

Cryptocurrency thread

phart010

1 hour ago, Code Monkey said:

Care to share any collections you're working on?

Mostly just collecting right now, focusing on cats (MoonCat Rescue, 24px, Gummy Cats, etc) and Loot derivatives. But I am working on something and will post here when I make a little more progress.

Edited by MiamiSlice

8 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

This is the biggest crackdown yet. Previously they went after miners and big businesses. Now using crypto is essentially illegal for average citizens as well.

🤔 so once they start cracking down on actual people using crypto we’ll see some massive crashes allowing me to finally completely go all in and…ignore a down market again and regret not buying in months later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThePhleo said:

🤔 so once they start cracking down on actual people using crypto we’ll see some massive crashes allowing me to finally completely go all in and…ignore a down market again and regret not buying in months later.

Maybe? 🤷‍♂️

I think there will only be one more big crash when the SEC finally steps in and regulates. Or maybe if Coinbase loses like $10 billion in a hack.

2 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Are you currently holding anything right now?

Nothing significant on my personal books. I've got an LLC with some buddies that has some cash invested into CardStarter projects. We're looking into StarLauncher as well for Solana projects.

Personally, I'm waiting for BTC to hit sub-40 and I'll start buying back in. After that I'll probably just hold BTC, ETH, and ADA long term. There are a few other small-cap coins I like, but no major investments.

1 hour ago, DoctorEncore said:

Nothing significant on my personal books. I've got an LLC with some buddies that has some cash invested into CardStarter projects. We're looking into StarLauncher as well for Solana projects.

Personally, I'm waiting for BTC to hit sub-40 and I'll start buying back in. After that I'll probably just hold BTC, ETH, and ADA long term. There are a few other small-cap coins I like, but no major investments.

I'm still sitting on my 2.3 BTC. If I tried trading it instead of holding it, I'd probably be over 3 BTC by now.   

Bitcoin is up 10% from yesterday. October is historically the biggest gain month for cryptocurrency so it's already off to a good start.

SHIB is up 217% from when I bought into it last week, I forgot to post my thoughts on that one when I was buying it, oops. 

Brazil is exploring the idea of legalizing Bitcoin as legal tender.

Dolce And Gabanna has auctioned off a physical "Doge Crown" with accompanied NFT for $1,500,000.

Big week so far.

Tik Tok is auctioning off YOUR most popular videos as NFT. Remember when  you agreed to their terms of service that anything you upload to them becomes their property to use as they want? There you go.

Edited by Code Monkey
  • Like 1

Administrator · Posted
14 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Bitcoin is up 10% from yesterday. October is historically the biggest gain month for cryptocurrency so it's already off to a good start.

SHIB is up 217% from when I bought into it last week, I forgot to post my thoughts on that one when I was buying it, oops. 

Brazil is exploring the idea of legalizing Bitcoin as legal tender.

Dolce And Gabanna has auctioned off a physical "Doge Crown" with accompanied NFT for $1,500,000.

Big week so far.

Tik Tok is auctioning off YOUR most popular videos as NFT. Remember when  you agreed to their terms of service that anything you upload to them becomes their property to use as they want? There you go.

Literally just tell me what to buy at this point and I'll do it.

• Like 1

Cardstarter CARDS were seeing some of their lowest prices of the year yesterday so I loaded up. These CARDS are used to gain early access to IDOs by staking through Cardstarter, a Cardano launchpad. All of the projects my buddies and I have backed have seen 100-1000% gains so far. Sadly, it takes a huge amount of CARDS to be given any significant allocation. Still, you can't ignore those kind of gains, even in small quantities.

Starlaunch, a similarly arranged Solana launchpad, moved its IDO to late October, but I plan on getting into that as well.

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

Literally just tell me what to buy at this point and I'll do it.

Long term?

Storj and Filecoin have a long way to go up, both platforms will become very useful as developers start looking for ways to put file storage on the blockchain.

I do think Dogecoin is going to blow for all of the wrong reasons. It's a useless coin but it's so cool with people that there was actually a petition a few weeks ago for AMC to add it to their list of digital currency payments. Now with Dolce And Gabanna getting into it, that and SHIB are just going to go up for no reason at all.

Bitcoin will be over 6 figures as it slides into the same valuation that gold currently has, it's slowly becoming a long term hold investment like gold.

Ether, I think, will be a 5 figure coin very soon. I work with the blockchain professionally and almost everything I do is on the Ethereum chain. Some people speculate it will surpass Bitcoin and I could actually see that but both are different platforms. Bitcoin is a currency while Ethereum is a chain for contract deployment, not the same thing. Once Ethereum deploys its ETH2 protocol to move into proof of stake instead of proof of work, it will double almost instantly. Companies are staying away because it's bad for the environment but that will change once ETH2 is released.

TRX on the Tron blockchain is already superior in technology to Ethereum, it can process more transactions at a faster rate for lower gas fees because it's already proof of stake. TRX is everything Ethereum wants to be, it just doesn't have the support of big developers like Opensea and NFT makers. They're like the Beta or HD DVD of blockchains, superior technology but no marketing and once people realize what's sitting there available for use, it will blow. And right now it's at 10 cents.

Source: I have 100 STORJ, 3 Filecoin, 2000 Dogecoin, XX Bitcoin, a small amount of Ether and 1000 TRX.

Cardano's ADA and Ripple's XRP will also blow soon but they already had a big push this year and everyone knows how popular they are. Cardano is also everything Ethereum wishes it was.

• Thanks 2

I also think you're going to see a shift in how state and municipal taxes are levied over the next 3 years. Miami just released a Miamicoin and in the last month they made $10,000,000 with an expected valuation of $50,000,000 over the next year. All of this money goes back into the municipality and I'm sure other cities will follow before the year is out. I live somewhere that doesn't have a provincial tax but we have city and federal tax but if you can offload that from ALL workers and onto people that are killing the environment with mining, that could realistically happen.

2 hours ago, OptOut said:

OPTcoin.

PP me 5 grand and I'll do the rest! 😉

The code for Bitcoin is here: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin

You could literally just fork the repository and have your own coin in 5 minutes.

Or you can use Rally Coin which is specifically made for content creators to make their own coins for their fans. You could build your own Video Games Age coin on Rally Coin and give coins to members here.

• Wow! 2