IGNORED

Cryptocurrency thread

phart010

3 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

It's already back down to $0.04 from $0.09, so I guess around half of the group pumping it gave up already.

Binance had cash incentives for buying and selling dogecoin. I've seen some big numbers in screen shots over the past day of buy orders over $50k 

8 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Yep they definitely were. When exodus opens conversions back up I'm going to throw a couple hundred at it.

I don't want my memes to just be dreams, ya know?

I'm guessing it will go back down around $0.01 like it always does. You could throw some money in and just let it ride until some group decides to pump it again.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'm guessing it will go back down around $0.01 like it always does. You could throw some money in and just let it ride until some group decides to pump it again.

This.

i made a couple hundred bucks last night. @DefaultGen was my good Angel on my shoulder and influenced me to sell at $0.075

I plan on using that profit to buying in again when it drops to $0.005 - $0.01 again. Memes make money.... just gotta wait to be relevant again.

8 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

If it went to $0.25 I was going to get a bonus though!

Indeed you were. next time though!

@DefaultGenis my personal financial advisor, I always tell him when I do stupid financial moves.

Speaking of which, I bought 20 something  shares in AMC buddy. If it goes to $250 And I sell in time I’m buying us a trip to Vegas when this is over and we’ll see which one of us is the Galifinakis.

Just make sure you let the podcast guys know I’m stealing their main star.

I see Ether making big leaps soon. I researched it a lot and it turns out Ethereum isn't even a cryptocurrency, it's a software platform built on blockchain technology. The idea is the blockchain doesn't just live on a single server like current software releases, it lives on everyone's device in the blockchain universe. You know how Nintendo can remove a game from their online store if they feel like it? If the store were built on Ethereum, they would have no way of deleting it, that game would live forever with no way or removing it. That's the idea behind technology built on Ethereum.

The financial aspect is each transaction done on an Ethereum based platform costs some Ether per transaction and the Ether is the cryptocurrency in which you're investing. That means the more software developers like me build Ethereum based applications, the more Ether will be consumed to fund them and the higher the price will go. The only problem is the owners of Ethereum are always issuing more Ether to keep up with demand unlike Bitcoin which has a finite 21.5 million units in existence.

If Ethereum takes off as a software platform, you're going to see Ether being worth a lot in the future. Especially with the new version they released in December which can now handle transactions between multiple parties.

1 hour ago, MiamiSlice said:

Lol... a crypto thread... I’ve been trading crypto since 2013... sadly never got rich from it because I’m bad at trading 

Tell me about it! I opened a bitcoin wallet in 2010 and thought it was a waste of time trying to accumulate anything... How times have changed. 

35 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Bitcoin just jumped to $43k on the news that Tesla is buying $1.5 billion. This should be interesting to watch.

Bitcoin is always gonna be one of those "what if" investments for me. I would never personally invest in it long term and I can never predict the short runs.

Musk should just invest a billion once every 6 months, tweet about it, then immediately take his 100 million dollar profit. Of course that's just chump change to him, but still.

1 minute ago, DoctorEncore said:

Bitcoin is always gonna be one of those "what if" investments for me. I would never personally invest in it long term and I can never predict the short runs.

Musk should just invest a billion once every 6 months, tweet about it, then immediately take his 100 million dollar profit. Of course that's just chump change to him, but still.

I think it's a lot safer of an investment than it was due to all of the institutional money that's come in recently. I feel okay about it long term since it has gone up about 300% since I bought in originally, but I also feel safe enough to keep adding to what I've got.