IGNORED

Online Good BIN's

VGD

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

I was suspect of the back but the label and the wear looked good. Seller only has 2 positive feedback in the last two months so yeah we will see lol

It's got the tell-tale facility stamp on the front. I'd be surprised if it ends up being fake

• Like 1

@a3quit4s I can't add really more than what Splain said there other than confirmation.  I too obviously have the cart.  My stamp code is in the same identical location (it's 22.)  The font, print spray dot type, colors, wear, plastic molding front and back, it all lines up.  If that's a fake, I'd be shocked truly shocked given the print on that sticker, stamp, and wear too.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/18/2022 at 11:54 PM, Tanooki said:

@a3quit4s I can't add really more than what Splain said there other than confirmation.  I too obviously have the cart.  My stamp code is in the same identical location (it's 22.)  The font, print spray dot type, colors, wear, plastic molding front and back, it all lines up.  If that's a fake, I'd be shocked truly shocked given the print on that sticker, stamp, and wear too.

@Splain- ended up being legit!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Although not terribly expensive, and you can find this game, it's some what uncommon compared to many other titles, especially the other Namco/Pac-Man titles.  A Nice, CIB copy is pretty difficult to find.  If I needed it I'd be snatching this one up.

You can probably OBO this one for $150, which is what I'd try, considering the market but man, that's a pretty nice copy. Also, that internal wrapping and clearance sticker feels familiar.  Did some retailer do this, or did they do it for display copies?  I don't know why, but I feel like a very long time ago I shopped somewhere and they would do this to boxed copies they used for display.  This game might be NIB!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure how well known this is, but recently I came across a seller that has new old stock of the USA versions of Sega Genesis games by Taiwanese company Realtec. I'm not sure how much these games usually go for, but these look like good prices considering they're sealed. They also have Mallet Legend, but that one is about $100. No Tom Clown though (did that get a USA release?)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185758696200

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175602129190

• Wow! 2

43 minutes ago, Ankos said:

I'm not sure how well known this is, but recently I came across a seller that has new old stock of the USA versions of Sega Genesis games by Taiwanese company Realtec. I'm not sure how much these games usually go for, but these look like good prices considering they're sealed. They also have Mallet Legend, but that one is about $100. No Tom Clown though (did that get a USA release?)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185758696200

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175602129190

You know if they’re any good or if the seller has more screwball stuff?

4 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

You know if they’re any good or if the seller has more screwball stuff?

They've got a lot of stuff by Innovation, who according to Sega Retro did the USA release for the Mallet Legend controller, so I guess more unlicensed stuff. They have a lot of listings, so I didn't check them that thoroughly

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Oh it’s not the price, I don’t even know what it’s worth. Just reminded me of the thread at NA where the dude who was trying to trade for it got banned. IYKYK

Oh I'm just messing around.  I wouldn't pay $10 for that cart.... maybe $5.  It is funny though.

Edited by tbone3969
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, tbone3969 said:

What makes this a variant exactly?

Most copies do not come with the bonus puzzle.

I have one sealed copy of this variant and it has a sticker on the seal:

mnZBOog.jpg

And an alternate UPC code sticker over the back seal too:

L5pNp1b.jpg

I assume it’s a retail exclusive variant but to date I haven’t been able to track down any more info than that.

On 6/3/2023 at 2:26 PM, MiamiSlice said:

Most copies do not come with the bonus puzzle.

I have one sealed copy of this variant and it has a sticker on the seal:

mnZBOog.jpg

And an alternate UPC code sticker over the back seal too:

L5pNp1b.jpg

I assume it’s a retail exclusive variant but to date I haven’t been able to track down any more info than that.

I see.  Thanks for the info.