IGNORED

Online Good BIN's

VGD

On 7/16/2020 at 7:44 PM, Sir Centroid said:

I added this to my watchlist this morning and the seller offered me 15% off shortly after, couldn't pass it up, thanks!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254656860660

I know this is very specific, but jpn exclusive GameCube collectors this is a kinda harder to find power pro baseball 12 kettiban, not many of these pop up on eBay and it took me quite a number of years to find so if anyone is collecting Japanese gamecube then this is a great price, not my auction but this person is in the states (Michigan I think) so no worries of getting held up in Japan post.

1 hour ago, drxandy said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254656860660

I know this is very specific, but jpn exclusive GameCube collectors this is a kinda harder to find power pro baseball 12 kettiban, not many of these pop up on eBay and it took me quite a number of years to find so if anyone is collecting Japanese gamecube then this is a great price, not my auction but this person is in the states (Michigan I think) so no worries of getting held up in Japan post.

So is it all that fun or approachable if you can barely read enough to handle the menus?

33 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

So is it all that fun or approachable if you can barely read enough to handle the menus?

The power pros series is like a chibi bighead baseball franchise, they have great kinda arcadey mechanics. The CPU is kinda tough actually, more fun for me to play with a friend, but I don't play many baseball games so I probably suck. Each one is basically just a different roster so you can approach at any title and basically like Madden here in the US not much changes with each years release. The menus and stats are all Japanese so it's not really easy to figure out, maybe with Google translate.

This specific title is never really expensive but just rarely pops up, like I said you play one you've pretty much played them all. Still fun.

Edited by drxandy

I know what it is, never been big on it, but the few I've touched had a lot of menus and if they're not at least partially in english that game would be a chore to navigate.  I had Power Pros 2008 on the Wii (may still if I haven't sold it yet) so I'm familiar with the franchise as I've touched various releases over the decades though usually localized officially or with a hack.

• Like 1

GBC BINs - More decent BINs for GBC collectors. Be aware that Nicktoons Racing comes from a person with only 1 feedback, so there's no guarantee that they'll package it correctly, so you may want to contact them ahead of time with instructions. Kelly Club looks to be in pretty rough condition (rounded corners), but it rarely shows up in complete or new condition, so it may still be worth it to someone as a placeholder. I would say that $80 for Airforce Delta is absolutely more than fair, but I would also try to get it for $60-65 via obo, if you can.

Nicktoons Racing - $25.00 OBO (CIB) https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Game-Bundle/392882342777

Kelly Club - $55.00 (Brand New) https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kelly-Club-Nintendo-Game-Boy-Color/293601534527

Road Rash - $19.99 + s/h OBO (CIB) https://www.ebay.com/itm/Road-Rash-Nintendo-Game-Boy-Color-2000-authentic-tested-working-box-manual/114297508704

Airforce Delta - $80.00 OBO (CIB) https://www.ebay.com/itm/Airforce-Delta-Nintendo-Game-Boy-Color-Complete-US-Version-Rare/173779443939

Edited by Sir Centroid

On 7/23/2020 at 11:21 PM, Tanooki said:

I know what it is, never been big on it, but the few I've touched had a lot of menus and if they're not at least partially in english that game would be a chore to navigate.  I had Power Pros 2008 on the Wii (may still if I haven't sold it yet) so I'm familiar with the franchise as I've touched various releases over the decades though usually localized officially or with a hack.

Ok word, yeah not really English approachable just rarely pops up

• 2 weeks later...

This is a maybe, depending on the market but I just spotted Fantastic Dissy, in stock, at Lukie Games for $141.47. Yeah, that's not "cheap" but this game is so uncommon for the Game Gear, and considering the COVID hikes, if you need it for your collection, this might be a good deal.  Also, if the condition isn't what you want or if it's not the US version, they pay for shipping for returns, so it's no loss if you want to return it.  The reward points aren't bad either.

Note, they use stock photos.  I'm guessing there's a good chance you'll get a US copy, rather than the Euro version you see listed in the photo.  But again, if you're not happy, just return it.  I've talked with them about it and even asked if they were cool with me buying large lots and returning 50-75% of them, looking for specific revisions and carts in excellent shape.  They've never minded that at all.

https://www.lukiegames.com/fantastic-dizzy-game-gear

Not really a screaming deal (I bought one a couple years back for a similar price) but $12 shipped for a new Genesis homebrew. If you're into it, it can't get any cheaper. Game seems decent enough, I don't know what's with this game in particular. Massively overproduced?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Papi-Commando-BITS-Build-It-Thyself-Series-Compatible-Sega-Genesis-Mega-Drive/163882372094?hash=item2628268bfe%3Ag%3AqHsAAOSwQZFdjphR&LH_ItemCondition=3

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Like 1

PSP - Gurumin @ CA$39.75 + $2 shipping (US$30 + $1.50)

I just bought this game for $34 which I thought was a good price. PSP is on the rise and this is certainly one you want for the collection.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gurumin-A-Monstrous-Adventure-Sony-PSP-2007-Playstation-Portable/254687028376?epid=56279497&hash=item3b4c87a498:g:QAcAAOSwgbxfNdN0

Edited by Aguy

• 2 weeks later...
Homebrew Team · Posted
1 minute ago, phart010 said:

Yes, I mentioned that. Even so, I’d still buy them if my spare money wasn’t already allocated to other items. If I owned the games, this would be a “good enough” alternative to unmutilated cardboard 

How is this even worth a fraction of what he is asking for? Instead of paying for destroyed cardboard you may as well download and make the spine, front and back from the cover project and make your own. Cheaper and looks better.

5 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

How is this even worth a fraction of what he is asking for? Instead of paying for destroyed cardboard you may as well download and make the spine, front and back from the cover project and make your own. Cheaper and looks better.

Yes it’s damaged, but it’s still original. Some would value it because they are genuine and a common thing that was done for rentals at the time. Kind of like how some people value rental stickers vs others who want them removed.

To each his own.

Edited by phart010

23 minutes ago, phart010 said:

That feels like a vintage NA link. Somebody who collects NES CIB should jump on these place-holders.

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, The Count said:

That feels like a vintage NA link. Somebody who collects NES CIB should jump on these place-holders.

At 200 bucks though?  Maybe for 50ish tops.

Probably not even that; most are just the front and back of the box and are beaten up on top of that.

Administrator · Posted
7 minutes ago, The Count said:

Man, I sold some brutal hard-to-find NES boxes for much more than one would think. Granted, they weren't cut, but the theory applies.

I think the theory stops applying once the box is no longer a box.    I'd believe an argument about somebody wanting one that had a missing top, but not with all the stuff these are missing.

5 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

I think the theory stops applying once the box is no longer a box.    I'd believe an argument about somebody wanting one that had a missing top, but not with all the stuff these are missing.

I don't know how many people want part of a Brazilian Mega Man 5 box either. 

Loose cart prices are: Zombie Nation $250, Dragon Fighter $350, Power Blade 2 $400, Snow Bros $200, Megaman 5 $80. That’s the pre-covid prices for these games, with the exception of Megaman 5 they’re currently each listing for +$100 more per title.

If the boxes were in good condition they’d likely go for the same price as the games. So I’d say around at least  $1200 worth of cardboard (in good condition).. since they are all cut up, I would think $200 is a reasonable asking price.

By the way seller is taking offers so probably would accept less than that. Maybe if you already have everything you ever wanted in your collection you won’t see the appeal in this, but looks like a good value in my opinion.