IGNORED

Bowser's Fury Trailer and Special Mario Themed Switch Console

Jicsan

This looks awesome!  It seems like it's open world or maybe just one huge connected level.  I must have played 100 hours or more of the Wii U version with my kids, they were hysterical watching this trailer.

MarioSwitch.png.7333277b27fafe1e94a4df2fe117aae2.png

And as much as I love Mario, I don't think I can justify buying another Switch... but this makes me drool.

I’ll be picking up the game for sure. I’m debating the Switch. I really like that the tablet is actually red. I’m having a hard time telling if the joycons are the same Mario Odyssey red ones and look lighter due to the contrast with the blue or if they are a lighter shade, but darker than the neon red.

11 hours ago, Splain said:

I thought 3D Land was boring, and I only played a little of 3D World, but I always kind of considered it to be more 3D Land. This is a good trailer though, I'll definitely check this out. I don't know how I feel about all the cat stuff, but whatevs.

3D World is a lot better than 3D Land. It feels like a lot more care, effort and creativity was put into the levels, and the whole game is just way more polished.

The co-op gameplay is also fantastic, but on the other hand losing the 3D display actually hurts the game a little.

• Like 2

I have 3D World for the Wii U, but I haven't played it yet.  Is this the game ported over to the Switch, but with extra content (Bower's Fury), or is this a new game entirely?  

I guess it doesn't matter, because my kids will be excited for this either way and it's releasing just in time for my oldest son's birthday.  

6 minutes ago, noiseredux said:

yes.

I got 3D World free w/ my Wii U, and while I thought it was decent enough, I got bored with it before beating it, so I'm not terribly excited for a re-release personally.

I played the 3DS 3D Land (which came free with my New 3DS), and I felt the same way.  Not a terrible game, but nothing that kept me coming back to play more levels.  I think my kids will dig it though.  

33 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I played the 3DS 3D Land (which came free with my New 3DS), and I felt the same way.  Not a terrible game, but nothing that kept me coming back to play more levels.  I think my kids will dig it though.  

I felt the same. I enjoyed it, but wasn't blown away. 3D World should be fun with my son though.

20 minutes ago, Foochie776 said:

It’s a lot of fun if you’re a devote Mario player. Like I enjoyed it but it was a little lackluster to be honest. Lol

I've finished Super Mario Bros. both Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World and 120 stars in Super Mario 64. I'm currently working on Super Mario Sunshine so yes, I do really enjoy them!

3 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

I felt the same. I enjoyed it, but wasn't blown away. 3D World should be fun with my son though.

Overall, I much prefer 2D Mario games (including the NSMB series) to any of the 3D games, and that includes Odyssey.  I just hope they eventually make a proper sequel to NSMB U.  

• 2 weeks later...