IGNORED

Pro Wrestling thread

CodysGameRoom

5 hours ago, SpoonMan Abrams X said:

Touche. Though the IC Ladder Match and Uni Title Match were way better then they had any right to be. Arguably the best WWE matches all year so far

Some inventive stuff in the Ladder Match, it was a lot of fun.  Main event was just pure storytelling, good stuff.

26 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

Ah I see.  Such a shame cuz I never heard a bad word about this guy and he had the respect from all the boys.  Kudos to him by keeping his chin up thru it all.  I think he knew it wasn't his fault and just to ride it out.

I could keep my chin up if my bosses just decided I was the next big thing no matter all the evidence to the contrary. I know this is a unique thing to wrestling, hand picking who is the top guy, but his neverending push coincides with my giving up on wrestling.  I have completely lost interest over the last 6-7 years, they don't let wrestlers grow into a role and develop anymore, it's just 'this is our guy, take it or leave it'.   It seems like even those who do make their own popularity get punished for it, for not knowing their role. 

On 10/3/2020 at 12:53 PM, Bearcat-Doug said:

So, I guess they are going to keep trying to make Jey Uso happen with a clean win over AJ Styles so they can have Roman Reigns beat him again. Sounds about right.

Suppose to be stakes are higher than ever.  Maybe when Jey loses he has to join Roman’s empire.

36 minutes ago, B.A. said:

they don't let wrestlers grow into a role and develop anymore

What about Kofi and Drew?

4 minutes ago, fox said:

What about Kofi and Drew?

Yeah Kofi won, but then got beat easily for the title and hasn't sniffed main event status since.  Give it time on Drew, he will get blamed for low ratings (never mind the whole no fans allowed thing) and he will be back to 3 man banding it before you know it.  Meanwhile the Roman Reigns train keeps on rolling over everyone.  

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, SpoonMan Abrams X said:

Welp, Hell in a Cell is this Sunday.

They have announced only 4 matches for it, two of which are re-matches from just the last PPV.

Sasha vs Bayley should be good.

Elias vs. Jeff still makes very little sense.

Apparently The Fiend vs T-Bar is official as well. The Sasha/Bayley match is the only one that I'm really interested in.

12 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Did anyone watch the PPV last night? The three title matches were decent, but I thought the winners were predictable. The other three matches seemed like filler, but overall it wasn't as bad as some of the recent PPVs.

All 3 hiac matches were different and good.  Reigns/uso had a lot of emotion, banks/Bayley had some innovative spots, and drew/randy was brutal.  Drew had a good run. The last two could have went either way and we didn’t need another swerve after Tucky betrayed Otis.  Don’t see Miz cashing in on either heel champion though.

Guess when Edge comes back, he will finish his trilogy of matches with Randy and win the title, likely at Mania.

I didn't think the Drew vs Randy match was that good, it was a decent match, though frankly they could've stood to have Randy win it like last month imo, felt way too dragged out for no good reason

Roman vs Jey was great, but didn't need to be a Cell match

Sasha vs Bayley was a great match, and great Cell match at that

Elias vs Jeff was meh

lolRetribution

An above average PPV, and leagues above last year's HiaC

oh god

So apparently, Survivor Series will be 10 years to the day that the Miz cashed in MitB previously to become WWE Champion... on top of it, this took place in the Amway Center, which is where the Thunderdome currently is.

Imagine... Miz cashing in MitB during the Champion vs Champion match to become the Unified WWE Universal World Heavyweight Champion

On 10/28/2020 at 11:17 PM, SpoonMan Abrams X said:

oh god

So apparently, Survivor Series will be 10 years to the day that the Miz cashed in MitB previously to become WWE Champion... on top of it, this took place in the Amway Center, which is where the Thunderdome currently is.

Imagine... Miz cashing in MitB during the Champion vs Champion match to become the Unified WWE Universal World Heavyweight Champion

Hopefully they don't do anything with that fact. Given that they have continuity errors from one week to the next, I don't think they will go there again 10 years later.

On 11/1/2020 at 11:54 AM, Bearcat-Doug said:

Hopefully they don't do anything with that fact. Given that they have continuity errors from one week to the next, I don't think they will go there again 10 years later.

Maybe they'll do it then have Randy Orton or Roman Reigns win the unified titles? Though could also see them having him pick only one or the other...

I could honestly see them pulling some shit like Miz cashing in, and winning, then walking out with both titles, but then WWE walking it back the next night on RAW just to pop a rating... cause you're right, more right then I think you realize lol.

1 hour ago, SpoonMan Abrams X said:

Maybe they'll do it then have Randy Orton or Roman Reigns win the unified titles? Though could also see them having him pick only one or the other...

I could honestly see them pulling some shit like Miz cashing in, and winning, then walking out with both titles, but then WWE walking it back the next night on RAW just to pop a rating... cause you're right, more right then I think you realize lol.

Giving Otis the contract to begin with was apparently just a stunt without any planning ahead, so I wouldn't be shocked to see them do something else that makes no sense to try and get a quick ratings boost.