IGNORED

Hey guys! My music is now streaming on Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, etc etc etc! Please check it out!

ApebitMusic

Hey all! Finally got my music on all the major streaming platforms.. Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, etc etc etc.

Just search for "Apebit" !

Please stream it again and again!

For what it's worth, my music has been used by The Angry Video Game Nerd, and a few smaller Youtube channels including Square Pegs and The Nerd Lair. 

Check it out!

- Apebit

nostalgia_copyright.jpg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

You're going to have to give me some sort of description so I can figure out if I should search it out.

It’s “chiptune” music. One album is 8-bit NES style, influenced by soundtracks such as Castlevania 3, Final Fantasy Legends and Adventure, Mega Man, Legacy of the Wizard. Very nostalgia-y, IMO.

Precipice: Stardust is sample-based SNES style. Think Earthbound, Castlevania 4, Final Fantasy 3.

Penumbra is also snes-style but also includes more modern touches.

Then there’s an album of cover pop/rock songs.

And that about sums it up! Give is a stream! I would probably direct people towards Precipice: Stardust if I had to choose just one album for you to check out.

You should definitely search it out. 

🙂

On 1/12/2021 at 12:46 PM, Ferris Bueller said:

Ape Bit sounds familiar. Have you done some homebrew stuff? Why do I feel like I know you?

Hmm, nah, no home brew stuff... yet!

Well, I have made a few posts here and back on NA. And possibly, and I’m guessing least likely, you saw my name in the credits of an AVGN video? 

4 minutes ago, ApebitMusic said:

That's why I say "chiptune".. it's not "traditionally" made. I use 8-bit and 16-bit plug-ins. The samples (instrument samples, not music samples) I used for Precipice:Stardust are from actually games though, so they are fairly authentic to the SNES in that sense. 

"Chiptune, also known as chip music, is a style of synthesized electronic music made using the programmable sound generator (PSG) sound chips or synthesizers in vintage arcade machines, computers and video game consoles."

It doesn't sound like it's actual chiptune music.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2021 at 2:11 PM, Code Monkey said:

"Chiptune, also known as chip music, is a style of synthesized electronic music made using the programmable sound generator (PSG) sound chips or synthesizers in vintage arcade machines, computers and video game consoles."

It doesn't sound like it's actual chiptune music.

I call it chiptune or "chiptune" for the sake of shorthand. But it sounds like chiptune. Semantics? It's video game music. 😉

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...