IGNORED

World record for the longest wait for an online purchase?

GPX

The longest wait on an item after purchasing?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What’s been your longest wait after a purchased item?

• 1 month
    • 2 months
    • 3-4 months
    • 5-6 months
    • 7-8 months
    • 9-10 months
    • 11-12 months
    • Over a damn year!

Administrator · Posted
7 minutes ago, GPX said:

Am I reading this right..you spent $500 on a kickstarter project? That’s a pretty big risk if so! Kind of sad/funny thinking of all the risks we take as a retro games fan. 

The most I've spent on a Kickstarter:

image.png

Happily I received my pledge in full:

image.png

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GPX said:

Am I reading this right..you spent $500 on a kickstarter project? That’s a pretty big risk if so! Kind of sad/funny thinking of all the risks we take as a retro games fan. 

Kickstarters can be very expensive. I've currently got one I'm waiting for that I spent $850 on, it's resin models of dark crystal and labyrinth characters. I was worried last year they were going to go bust because of COVID but they look to be shipping shortly which is a relief.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gloves said:

The most I've spent on a Kickstarter:

image.png

Happily I received my pledge in full:

image.png

Any good? I got the whole lot of dark souls board game and that took forever to receive, almost 2 years I think. The board game sucked and wasn't anything like they sold it to the backers imo. I ended up selling it all.

Administrator · Posted
Just now, Shmup said:

Any good? I got the whole lot of dark souls board game and that took forever to receive, almost 2 years I think. The board game sucked and wasn't anything like they sold it to the backers imo. I ended up selling it all.

Sadly I ordered it pre-covid with the intention of playing it with a small group of local friends.

See: image.png

So yeah, then covid hit and the delivery date was pushed back a year. I'm going to have to wait a bit to play with those friends. I could play solo but I'd like to save it for when I can get the gang together.

• Like 2

Administrator · Posted
Just now, GPX said:

Holy moly! I can’t believe Kickstarter funds could go up that much! But with that much payments, I guess you can feel safer that the projects are more likely to become a reality. Right?

I heavily researched the company before making my pledge, personally. They've released plenty of board games on Kickstarter before so I was pretty confident. Without doing such research my personal ceiling for acceptable kickstarter pledges is $100.

15 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I heavily researched the company before making my pledge, personally. They've released plenty of board games on Kickstarter before so I was pretty confident. Without doing such research my personal ceiling for acceptable kickstarter pledges is $100.

The “waiting game” is more dependent on the development period, with the Kickstarter group.

The online purchase “waiting game” is more relating to the postal/delivery period. 2 separate mentalities, and I guess different sets of risks.