IGNORED

World record for the longest wait for an online purchase?

GPX

The longest wait on an item after purchasing?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What’s been your longest wait after a purchased item?

• 1 month
    • 2 months
    • 3-4 months
    • 5-6 months
    • 7-8 months
    • 9-10 months
    • 11-12 months
    • Over a damn year!

13 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

Lost in the mail. They were definitely shipped per tracking and never arrived. They finally showed up IIRC with a big yellow sticker on the envelope or something.

That must be some sort of record. Usually when things are lost or sent to wrong location, after a few months without receiving the item, they often remain lost forever. 2 years for your item to resurface? That’s kind of freakish!

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update to my original post of this thread. The channels have opened up between Australia and some European countries and the seller has contacted me to confirm it has just been sent. It has been literally 10 months of waiting since the eBay purchase! With a bit of luck, it may arrive just in time before the 1-year anniversary!

To commemorate, when it finally arrives, I’ll take pics of the 2 purchased items. I’m sure there will be a few tears of joy once I hold them in my hands.. 😢

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, GPX said:

I’ve not been keeping up with modern gaming, so it may sound silly if I ask: how much percent are you paying for the preorder? And why is a preorder 5 years away? What the!

It depends on the retailer. Some charge you a deposit, some charge in full, some charge nothing. I preordered from Amazon, the way they handle preorders is they hold your spot and they only charge your credit card after the item ships. Don’t know if other retailer’s handled it same way..

I don’t think Nintendo gave an official ok to retailers as far as when they could open up preorders. I think the retailers just proactively started listing the preorders as soon as Nintendo announced the game was in development. This particular game was being worked on by Bandai Namco and was supposed to come out in 2019 I believe. Apparently it sucked because Nintendo made an official announcement that the game wasn’t up to their standards and  were starting development over from scratch with Retro Studios.

Edited by phart010
  • Thanks 1

On 3/6/2021 at 11:21 PM, GPX said:

Just a quick update to my original post of this thread. The channels have opened up between Australia and some European countries and the seller has contacted me to confirm it has just been sent. It has been literally 10 months of waiting since the eBay purchase! With a bit of luck, it may arrive just in time before the 1-year anniversary!

To commemorate, when it finally arrives, I’ll take pics of the 2 purchased items. I’m sure there will be a few tears of joy once I hold them in my hands.. 😢

*ding* *ding* we have an unofficial winner! Nearly 11 months of waiting and it has finally arrived today!

Just to recap:

A genuine eBay purchase since early May 2020, with Paypal receipt:

IMG_E8764.JPG.cbc789325394b4e551532d7f96e4213c.JPG

After payment both seller and myself have discovered Finland's borders have closed for flights to Australia.

Fast forward 10 months, and borders have reopened between the countries in the above.

Fast forward 3 weeks later, the parcel finally arrived! HOORAY!!

But, not without a HUGE scare...

The package arrived in shattered form, and with the initial thoughts "Oh crap! Please let there be no damage, please let no damage be.."

IMG_8837.JPG.551cff4ae27c67e81e818cc1da04d7f0.JPG

It seems prior to delivery, it has been checked by customs either in Finland/Australia. You can see a yellow "Security" label and some cuts on the top of the box. I'm getting nervy...after opening it up..

IMG_8838.JPG.66fc1898956e53189b1df4fd11795d44.JPG

seeing a crumbled box with newspaper padding, my heart sunk further...slowly i got through to the games, and...

IMG_E8843.JPG.d15002344371379e84dd8d96f3678818.JPG

Thank freakin' goodness, they're unharmed! 😍

10 months and 20 something days of waiting!! Someone remind me not to bid again when another pandemic starts!!!

Edited by GPX
  • Like 5
  • Wow! 1

Social Team · Posted
On 1/5/2021 at 10:58 PM, GPX said:

And just to clarify further, I’m referring to legitimate transactions. Not ones where you’ve been scammed and the scammer has ran off into the sunset with your cash.

With KickStarter purchases I had the unfortunate experience to purchases and handheld computer meant to be an emulation machine and though others got their product, I was later in the purchase line and they ended up going out of business before I got mine.  Even those that were delivered where 4 years old.

For something that did get shipped was a KickStarter game for the PSVita.  That was like a 2+ year thing.  Long enough for me to forget I purchased it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

With KickStarter purchases I had the unfortunate experience to purchases and handheld computer meant to be an emulation machine and though others got their product, I was later in the purchase line and they ended up going out of business before I got mine.  Even those that were delivered where 4 years old.

For something that did get shipped was a KickStarter game for the PSVita.  That was like a 2+ year thing.  Long enough for me to forget I purchased it.

I think you have to categorize it in 2 groups regarding online purchases:

1. Retail kind of purchase (preorder, Kickstarter, or a purchase of a game at a typical retail price).

2. Retro/collectible kind of purchase where item exceeds a typical retail price (rare games, graded items, stuff sold through HA, rare exchanges via VGS buy/sell etc).

When I created this thread, I had the latter option in mind. Particular items where a significant amount is being paid and the buyer is anxiously waiting right from the point of purchase. In my case, I had to give out a ton of patience and risking a lot because the seller could have easily not send it a few weeks ago. I would have no way of getting my money back as the eBay transaction was closed already (usually it disappears from the purchase history after 2 months I think). I would not even get a refund through PayPal because the time lapse from purchase has been too long. 

Thankfully the outcome is a satisfying one today. Would I choose to wait another 11 months for my next online purchase? No, thanks!

On 1/6/2021 at 4:43 PM, Code Monkey said:

Yes. I guess it's now 6 years.

The guy's name is Joe Granato and he hasn't provided any update since May.

I'm still waiting for the NES Quest game, which was a stretch goal involving that same guy from January 2015 lol. I stopped giving a shit like 5 years ago, but still get updates about it.

4 for 4 projects I backed took forever, and/or were letdowns. Never backed anything again.

Social Team · Posted
20 hours ago, GPX said:

I think you have to categorize it in 2 groups regarding online purchases:

1. Retail kind of purchase (preorder, Kickstarter, or a purchase of a game at a typical retail price).

2. Retro/collectible kind of purchase where item exceeds a typical retail price (rare games, graded items, stuff sold through HA, rare exchanges via VGS buy/sell etc).

When I created this thread, I had the latter option in mind. Particular items where a significant amount is being paid and the buyer is anxiously waiting right from the point of purchase. In my case, I had to give out a ton of patience and risking a lot because the seller could have easily not send it a few weeks ago. I would have no way of getting my money back as the eBay transaction was closed already (usually it disappears from the purchase history after 2 months I think). I would not even get a refund through PayPal because the time lapse from purchase has been too long. 

Thankfully the outcome is a satisfying one today. Would I choose to wait another 11 months for my next online purchase? No, thanks!

I lost ~$500 on the Kickstarter that got funded but didn't meet production goals before dissolving.  I had to do a wire transfer and warned multiple times there would be ZERO ways to get my money back.  Was a lot of money to me as a poor college student.  But this was right before I got deployed to Iraq so I was all YOLO 😆  It was meant to be something I'd take with me to Iraq.  When I came back and they finally started to make them it was already outdated tech really.  I already knew I wasted money before I was formally told I wasn't going to get the product.

I see your issue,  I have a current PS3 order from Canada that looks to be a fake as well.  Paypal will cover it as it's a recent order and just recently missed it's delivery date.  Guy made an account to only sell the couple games and then deleted their account after my money cleared.  I can't even message the guy about my issue before claiming fraud.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2021 at 10:41 PM, FireHazard51 said:

I lost ~$500 on the Kickstarter that got funded but didn't meet production goals before dissolving.  I had to do a wire transfer and warned multiple times there would be ZERO ways to get my money back.  Was a lot of money to me as a poor college student.  But this was right before I got deployed to Iraq so I was all YOLO 😆  It was meant to be something I'd take with me to Iraq.  When I came back and they finally started to make them it was already outdated tech really.  I already knew I wasted money before I was formally told I wasn't going to get the product.

I see your issue,  I have a current PS3 order from Canada that looks to be a fake as well.  Paypal will cover it as it's a recent order and just recently missed it's delivery date.  Guy made an account to only sell the couple games and then deleted their account after my money cleared.  I can't even message the guy about my issue before claiming fraud.

Am I reading this right..you spent $500 on a kickstarter project? That’s a pretty big risk if so! Kind of sad/funny thinking of all the risks we take as a retro games fan.