IGNORED

Hello to all...

Hello everyone.

I have arrived. 

Thanks to ________ and Quaze for the encouragement to come here. 

Not sure how often I'll be involved..... I'm going through a big change in life and will be on my own soon.

Hopefully I'll jump in here and chat with you cool cats, though. 

Always loved chatting at (Expletive) so hopefully this will be the new jam!

Peace

Ps. My avatar apparently didn't fit and I'm not caring enough about anything to change it... I'm sure you'll all recognize the name/avatar anyways. 

Glad this site exists. Props to those who made it happen.

Edited by AirVillain
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/28/2019 at 11:21 PM, AirVillain said:

Hello everyone.

I have arrived. 

Thanks to ________ and Quaze for the encouragement to come here. 

Not sure how often I'll be involved..... I'm going through a big change in life and will be on my own soon.

Hopefully I'll jump in here and chat with you cool cats, though. 

Always loved chatting at (Expletive) so hopefully this will be the new jam!

Peace

Ps. My avatar apparently didn't fit and I'm not caring enough about anything to change it... I'm sure you'll all recognize the name/avatar anyways. 

Glad this site exists. Props to those who made it happen.

We'll fellow Canadian!! 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I'm just here to necrobump cuz that's what @AirVillainlikes to do 😜 

Who is ________? 

I'm glad you are involved, bro. And I've also had a change putting me on my own in the time since.

On 11/23/2019 at 10:21 PM, Link said:

hey dirtbag whats up

I assure you I was just trying to be funny and this was meant in a friendly manner. 

5 minutes ago, Link said:

I'm just here to necrobump cuz that's what @AirVillainlikes to do 😜 

Who is ________? 

I'm glad you are involved, bro. And I've also had a change putting me on my own in the time since.

I assure you I was just trying to be funny and this was meant in a friendly manner. 

Hahaha, I had to read this a couple times (and check the actual thread???) to figure out what the hell was going on.  😅

Regarding the apparently classic "AirVillain necro-bump", haha.... 1) This is the only forum I really use online so I'm not very familiar with netiquette and don't really check thread dates/etc., my bad, I know! 2) Sometimes if the topic is already covered/being talked about.... why not just CONTINUE the conversation???

By all means, though, call me out on each thread, haha. 

Thanks for the reminder Link! No Idea who "______" is, not sure why I didn't include a name?

Glad you're here too. Said change happened, I'm on my own and living across the country. From BC to Ontario. Hope your change is positive. 

I didn't brush off your dirtbag comment on purpose, haha, sorry. It's all good you Linky dirtdag, you! 🤣

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, AirVillain said:

This is the only forum I really use online so I'm not very familiar with netiquette and don't really check thread dates/etc., my bad, I know! 2) Sometimes if the topic is already covered/being talked about.... why not just CONTINUE the conversation???

Oh I don't care! It's just kind of funny. Heck, if anything, it provides more reading material and brings up old knowledge and info and that's fun sometimes!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Link said:

Oh I don't care! It's just kind of funny. Heck, if anything, it provides more reading material and brings up old knowledge and info and that's fun sometimes!

Haha, okay good. 

I mean... I figure sometimes it's annoying, but others like you said brings up some old knowledge and info. 😅

Social Team · Posted
23 hours ago, AirVillain said:

Hahaha, I had to read this a couple times (and check the actual thread???) to figure out what the hell was going on.  😅

Regarding the apparently classic "AirVillain necro-bump", haha.... 1) This is the only forum I really use online so I'm not very familiar with netiquette and don't really check thread dates/etc., my bad, I know! 2) Sometimes if the topic is already covered/being talked about.... why not just CONTINUE the conversation???

By all means, though, call me out on each thread, haha. 

Thanks for the reminder Link! No Idea who "______" is, not sure why I didn't include a name?

Glad you're here too. Said change happened, I'm on my own and living across the country. From BC to Ontario. Hope your change is positive. 

I didn't brush off your dirtbag comment on purpose, haha, sorry. It's all good you Linky dirtdag, you! 🤣

Is someone trying to take my necroposting crown?!?!  Some forums can be real bitchy about bring an old post back to the top of the thread but I'm of the same mindset as you in that if there is a conversation about the topic already started then I will typically continue it versus starting a new one for people to make the same comments as before.  

On VGS I think necroposting isn't a concern at all  so long as you don't do it with like 6 threads all at once.  But I've necroposted years old threads that I missed 😝.  I think I was stalking @CasualCartposts to find drawings to be used for VGS twitter posts and ended up wanting to comment on the thread.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

Is someone trying to take my necroposting crown?!?!  Some forums can be real bitchy about bring an old post back to the top of the thread but I'm of the same mindset as you in that if there is a conversation about the topic already started then I will typically continue it versus starting a new one for people to make the same comments as before.  

On VGS I think necroposting isn't a concern at all  so long as you don't do it with like 6 threads all at once.  But I've necroposted years old threads that I missed 😝.  I think I was stalking @CasualCartposts to find drawings to be used for VGS twitter posts and ended up wanting to comment on the thread.

Hahaha, well shit!!! Can't even blame this one on me, Link did it to me on purpose to call me out!! 🤣 The crown is all yours! 👑

Glad people aren't as crusty here. I don't even understand why you wouldn't want to recycle more threads? I don't know, maybe I'm not understanding something about it. 

We definitely don't need to be necrobumping this thread, though, haha. 

I get what you mean, though. If it's the same thread, from the same person, and all the content is all there.... why NOT just keep using it??? 

Necroposting is fine as long as your bump has something like "I know this is an old thread, but here's some new info" or whatever. That's perfectly fine, and you can look at the old info and compare it to whatever new thing came up.

It's just when it's out of the blue that it gets weird. I know some new members to forums often dig in the archives and bump multiple old threads with "cool, man." That shit gets annoying.

Social Team · Posted
2 hours ago, Tulpa said:

Necroposting is fine as long as your bump has something like "I know this is an old thread, but here's some new info" or whatever. That's perfectly fine, and you can look at the old info and compare it to whatever new thing came up.

It's just when it's out of the blue that it gets weird. I know some new members to forums often dig in the archives and bump multiple old threads with "cool, man." That shit gets annoying.

I prefer to acknowledge the necropost with a gif and get right into the discussion.  But you're completely right in that "bad" necro posting is bumping a post without actually adding to the conversation.

Spoiler

funeral im back GIF

Call Of Duty Zombie GIF by Xbox

rising american horror story GIF by AHS

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tulpa said:

Noted, thanks!!!

That's kind of how it made sense in my head. Adding/ammending to what's already there. 

2 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

I prefer to acknowledge the necropost with a gif and get right into the discussion.  But you're completely right in that "bad" necro posting is bumping a post without actually adding to the conversation.

Hide contents

funeral im back GIF

Call Of Duty Zombie GIF by Xbox

rising american horror story GIF by AHS

Well if you're adding a sweet .gif, that has to count for something!!

Graphics Team · Posted
21 hours ago, AirVillain said:

Hahaha, incredible.

Thanks. Excellent work.

Haha - no need to feel bad about resurrecting an old thread.

If someone comments in an old topic, people get mad at them for "necro-bumping", but if they make a new thread about a previously existing topic, people get mad at them for duplicating topics. So it's a losing battle either way.

-CasualCart