Jump to content
IGNORED

Movie Debate #51: Predator


Reed Rothchild
 Share

Rate it  

35 members have voted

  1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences

    • 10/10 - One of your very favorite movies of all time. Top 10.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking movie. Everyone should watch it.
    • 8/10 - Great movie. Maybe one of the best released that year.
    • 7/10 - Very good movie, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional watch, or tune in if you happen to catch it on cable.
      0
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
      0
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
      0
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
      0
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
      0
    • 0/10 - The Citizen Kane of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your retinas than watch this.
      0
    • Never seen it, but you're interested.
    • Never seen it, never will.
      0
  2. 2. Next week's poll

    • The Running Man
    • Total Recall
    • Kindergarten Cop


Recommended Posts

I gave it an 8 - everything a good popcorn movie should be - not expecting high art from this type of thing but it was well done and about as good as an action syfy movie should be.  Plus it has Arnie - his best IMHO.

I know Mrs. Tobanga and I enjoyed it immensely when it was released in the theatres (when such things still existed at any rate).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

An 8 from me, too. I confess some my enjoyment of the movie stems from the fact that the actor who played the role of the Predator went to my High School and was the star of our basketball team, but its still a fun movie and worthy of the occasional rewatch.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, nrslam said:

An 8 from me, too. I confess some my enjoyment of the movie stems from the fact that the actor who played the role of the Predator went to my High School and was the star of our basketball team, but its still a fun movie and worthy of the occasional rewatch.

I also liked the 2018 "The Predator".  Not nearly as good as the original but it was aiming for something a bit different - it played out like a (really) dysfunctional ATeam playing in the big leagues.  Probably that twist is why I enjoyed it more than a lot of people seemed to.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5/10 for me.

This may be a controversial opinion, but I prefer Predator 2.

I can understand why this would be an 8/10 or 9/10 for many, but I don't feel particularly engaged when I've watched Predator; in fact, the last time I watched it was to see if my feelings about the film the first time I saw it were circumstantial, but as with the first time, it didn't grab me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Renmauzo said:

5/10 for me.

This may be a controversial opinion, but I prefer Predator 2.

I can understand why this would be an 8/10 or 9/10 for many, but I don't feel particularly engaged when I've watched Predator; in fact, the last time I watched it was to see if my feelings about the film the first time I saw it were circumstantial, but as with the first time, it didn't grab me.

i like 2.

theres no stopping what cant be stopped. pussy face.

but cant hold a candle to the original imo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Member · Posted
42 minutes ago, Renmauzo said:

I can understand why this would be an 8/10 or 9/10 for many, but I don't feel particularly engaged when I've watched Predator; in fact, the last time I watched it was to see if my feelings about the film the first time I saw it were circumstantial, but as with the first time, it didn't grab me.

Pretty much how I feel, not engaged at all, the film is a bit of a long slog through the jungle.  It's this weird genre mashup of action movie and horror film, except the action is pretty forgettable, and it isn't scary at all.  "Characters" are all just generic tough guys and you already know the answer to mystery of what is stalking them, so not much story to speak of. 

The design of the monster is cool though.

  • Wow! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Editorials Team · Posted
3 hours ago, Tabonga said:

I also liked the 2018 "The Predator".  Not nearly as good as the original but it was aiming for something a bit different - it played out like a (really) dysfunctional ATeam playing in the big leagues.  Probably that twist is why I enjoyed it more than a lot of people seemed to.

shane_black_predator_1200.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...