IGNORED

Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 246/303

Splain

Events Helper · Posted

So......starting out  with calling a soft dibs..........

Right now I can commit to ogre battle 64, cruisin usa, cruisin exotica, cruisin world, elmo letters, elmo numbers, army men air combat, army men sarge's heroes, army men sarge's heroes 2, kobe bryant 1, kobe bryant 2.  Will add more to the list later, but this should be a good start for now.  Should keep me busy for the first week or two.

I’ll go ahead and soft dibs conkers and doom64. These two I’ll be playing day 1 which actually starts before the majority here 😉 after that I’m not sure.

Besides Conkers & jet force Gemini I played and finished the Rare library growing up, so I have no interest in doing those and I’d like to see someone who has never played them give them a go anyway. 

I might try out Turok or some of the top gear rally games (I only beat the first one when I was younger). They’re not dibs though, so if anyone wants them out of the gate go for it.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 246/303
Editorials Team · Posted

@Shmup I don't remember when I wrote that, but I'm guessing I was under the impression that finishing that much of the game gave some sort of an ending, with credits. Looking at it now, it's definitely not true, there's just a cutscene (like all the campaigns) and you can watch the credits whenever you want. So I'll update that requirement.

Yeah @Jeevan that's a good idea to have a front-page Claim Sheet, and you can feel free to hop in there and edit it as you see fit. But I think it still shouldn't be "hard dibs," meaning if someone finds the thread and says they cleared something, we won't tell them "no, that doesn't count" and wait for the claimer to finish it. Seems a little exclusive to do something like that.

My recent-ish employment changes have made it harder to stay up-to date on the thread (no more desk job), so I apologize for the frequent delays. I'm happy to still own and run the thread, but if someone else wants to take a whirl, we can discuss it. Or maybe I can write a bot that does the updates...

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Splain said:

@Shmup I don't remember when I wrote that, but I'm guessing I was under the impression that finishing that much of the game gave some sort of an ending, with credits. Looking at it now, it's definitely not true, there's just a cutscene (like all the campaigns) and you can watch the credits whenever you want. So I'll update that requirement.

Yeah @Jeevan that's a good idea to have a front-page Claim Sheet, and you can feel free to hop in there and edit it as you see fit. But I think it still shouldn't be "hard dibs," meaning if someone finds the thread and says they cleared something, we won't tell them "no, that doesn't count" and wait for the claimer to finish it. Seems a little exclusive to do something like that.

My recent-ish employment changes have made it harder to stay up-to date on the thread (no more desk job), so I apologize for the frequent delays. I'm happy to still own and run the thread, but if someone else wants to take a whirl, we can discuss it. Or maybe I can write a bot that does the updates...

Cool thanks for that.

So what are peoples thoughts on splitting StarCraft? I’m thinking someone would potentially be looking at around 70hours of StarCraft if they were to do the whole thing. Not impossible but a lot to ask for one person. 

Events Helper · Posted
10 hours ago, Splain said:

I will be happy to co-run the thread with ya splain.  no worries there!  you run enough!  I won't take it over completely unless u want an out.  That said, I agree with no hard dibs.  This is just for the regulars.

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
10 hours ago, djg_ said:

I'd like to soft reserve Blast Corps if that's OK?

"Time to get moving!"

Actually wait no, January is the time to get moving.

6 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Fun fact, 2022 will be the 10th anniversary of the N64 version of these threads. First one being in 2012 on Nintendoage

Yeah, who was the handsome, dignified scholar who started this? 😉

Events Helper · Posted
12 minutes ago, Shmup said:

@CasualCart I know you’re a busy guy but I’d love to put in my signature a banner advertising the 2022 n64 challenge so I can brainwash people to join.

Any chance you could make an awesome graphic. If you’re busy that’s ok 🙂

if he is busy, just hand draw something super sketchy and embed a link 😆

• Haha 1

Graphics Team · Posted
39 minutes ago, Shmup said:

@CasualCart I know you’re a busy guy but I’d love to put in my signature a banner advertising the 2022 n64 challenge so I can brainwash people to join.

Any chance you could make an awesome graphic. If you’re busy that’s ok 🙂

My greatest art. Take it or leave it.

-CasualCart

N64 Challenge Banner.jpg

• Love 2
  • Haha 2